Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   Defender Technical Discussions (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f6/)
-   -   What have you done to your Defender today. (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f6/what-have-you-done-to-your-defender-today-47905.html)

Ttuck3r September 1st, 2013 02:10 PM

What have you done to your Defender today.

Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb2fcb8c6.jpg

diesel_jim September 1st, 2013 02:45 PM

Washed both of mine. inside and out!

Then painted my trolley jack.

BlackField September 1st, 2013 02:56 PM

Watched mine leak brake fluid from the left rear caliper. waiting for the rain to stop.

flippedrover September 1st, 2013 06:14 PM

Nothing was watching Indy Cars crash and making friends with the Andretti Club girls.

UnfrozenCaveman September 1st, 2013 06:22 PM

Installed a remote oil pressure sending unit so I can have a gauge and still make the indicator light work.

Wacky '97 doesn't have much room where the sending unit goes.

Now all I have to do is find a place for the gauge.

SonnyAK September 1st, 2013 06:38 PM

Cleaned fluids off the garage floor! :rolleyes

We'll be writing a nice check for it soon, for the head work we're having completed :facepalm:

Abrooks September 1st, 2013 07:25 PM

Built a roof rack

nathanwind September 1st, 2013 08:40 PM

Pulled a bunch of my electrical and started roughing in for my Blue Sea fuse box that is coming this week.

ArmyRover September 1st, 2013 08:53 PM

I pulled the 3.5 to replace it with a 3.9 I had lying about, only to find there were some serious issues with it so I'm going to buy a 4.2 this week instead.

smob September 1st, 2013 09:10 PM

Worked on removing rusted bolts from the doors and pulling jump seats in prep for lock & folds.

dave_lucas September 1st, 2013 09:14 PM

Installing my new alum hardtop and lasalle interior this weekend

sherpamike September 1st, 2013 11:19 PM

New U-joints!

Wolf Fabrication September 1st, 2013 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I completely stripped mine down and pulled the body in prep for paint. Easy day.

jayz September 2nd, 2013 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Made up power and ground cables for the new winch

waveridin1959 September 2nd, 2013 07:05 AM

I drove home in a downpour without the top on. Flashflooding, lighting, tons of fun!

coffee September 2nd, 2013 08:29 AM

I insulated the doors, replaced door handles, used the grinder to clean up my speaker housings and repainted, and finally got the old carpet glue off my floors. Then got a bucket of stainless bolts and screws and started replacing some that were rusted, like the driver floorboard. Also spray painted the clutch pedal arm and replaced the pedal pads. another weekend of random but fulfilling time spent with the defender

Stormer September 2nd, 2013 08:31 AM

Went on vacation and had Classic 4x4's install a radio and speakers, new front seats, three piece Exmoor front mat set, skid plate, and door seals.

Rocky September 2nd, 2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication (Post 463943)
I completely stripped mine down and pulled the body in prep for paint. Easy day.

Looking good there. Even the rivets are correct.

Dragon Breath September 2nd, 2013 09:40 AM

Silicon Spray

Wiped down the roll bars with silicon spray so that the Badger top slides on more easily and has more slack in it -- worked like a charm.

85Red110 September 2nd, 2013 10:34 AM

Today I checked my email to see if there was any word from Department of Homeland Security. After finding nothing from them, I wondered the same things I do every day when I dont find an update from the Feds: Is my brand new battery dead? Do my tires have flat spots from sitting in the same spot for 5 months? How much is the storage bill amounted to now?

Im afraid that will be the only thing I do for my Defender on a daily basis for quite some time.