Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   The Vendors Loft (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f19/)
-   -   Atlantic British/British Pacific Merger (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f19/atlantic-british-british-pacific-merger-41175.html)

brn24whl November 15th, 2012 08:09 AM

Atlantic British/British Pacific Merger
 
Atlantic British Ltd. is thrilled to announce a new association
with British Pacific of Sun Valley, California.
In joining forces, the country's two premier Land Rover parts supply companies will share resources to provide a customer experience unmatched in the Land Rover parts marketplace.
The decision to pursue a joint business venture between the two companies just made too much sense. Both Atlantic British and British Pacific share decades of success in the Land Rover parts business, while maintaining their own unique strengths and identities.
Customers can now choose from an industry-leading depth of product inventory and enjoy personalized customer service only a phone call away!
https://www.roverparts.com/images/ab...sePage-Map.jpg
The Atlantic British - British Pacific Advantage:
  • Expanded product selection with East & West Coast Inventory!<LI sizset="1" sizcache08791212993853927="0">NEW Southern Cal West coast location with local pickup! ...More
  • Better shipping times and added savings - especially for Western state customers!
  • 1-Day delivery to Southern California locations
  • Streamlined phone ordering and customer service!
  • Dependable Land Rover retail parts source
  • A best-in-class commerce website for easy online shopping! (roverparts.com)
Atlantic British's unwavering commitment to customer service will provide additional value and guidance to British Pacific customers, while British Pacific's product coverage for Legacy vehicles like Series and Defender will help Atlantic British fulfill the needs of one of the true Land Rover enthusiast niches.
At the end of the day, we are confident that this new venture will enhance the overall customer experience by offering added levels of product selection, inventory and service, not to mention the fastest-possible delivery of Land Rover parts to the state of California and beyond!

TeriAnn November 15th, 2012 09:15 AM

When you guys purchased British Pacific from Allmakes did the purchase include the web site? I realize that the BP web site is basically a store front to the Allmakes database which would make its transfer very difficult. But the web site that Allmakes built for British Pacific is way superior to the one your marketing company built and maintains for Atlantic British.

A quick look for 109 Series parts in the AB web site turned up a stainless steel metric nut, adhesive for wheel arch flares, clear coat touch up pen, black touch up paint plus a very few odds & ends that might actually fit a Series truck. There is a 109 spring outrigger but no mention if it is for the right or left side and not a companion part for the other side.

While I was looking at the 109 rear spring outrigger instant chat came on and the guy asked if he could answer any questions. I asked if it was for the right side or left side. A minute later he replied that he had to go & to leave a message. Guess he didn't know either.

It is the first time I have been on the AB web site in a few years and after a quick look around I remember why. I do hope the purchase included the BP web site and that it can get merged into your company as well.

I wish you guys success but have no idea how you will keep BP's Series customers without a usable web site. I hope there are web site plans in the works.

brn24whl November 15th, 2012 09:43 AM

Most people ordering series parts from us down load our catalog http://www.roverparts.com/Parts_Cata...Parts_Catalog/ and call us with the order and go over any questions they have. This does work best for the series trucks since only a few percent of our series parts are actually online.

Cheers
Eric

woldd90 November 15th, 2012 09:50 AM

Congrats on the merger!

fishEH November 15th, 2012 09:56 AM

What do you plan to do with pricing? BP was consistently less expensive than AB for the same part. They also carried a greater selection of parts. Will the new AB keep the BP pricing and selection?

Here's an example:
I just bought a RHT tie rod end from BP about 2 weeks ago. Part number RTC5869, It was an AllMakes PR2 I believe made by QA. Anyways, It was $20.75 shipped to my door. A quick look at the new and improved AB site, http://www.roverparts.com/nxt/?page=...on=Discovery+I, only lists ONE option for a RHT tie rod end and its $40 before shipping.
My hope is that the decreased selection is due to a delay in transfering website data/inventory. But it also makes me wonder why this wasn't all taken care of before completely abandoning the BP website.

brn24whl, can you please clarify what we can expect from the new merger?

brn24whl November 15th, 2012 10:28 AM

Since I am in sales and not in marketing or purchasing. I can't really say what is happening with pricing or parts supply.

I know eventually the merger is going to help with ROW parts supply in the USA.

Cheers
Eric




Quote:

Originally Posted by fishEH (Post 387746)
What do you plan to do with pricing? BP was consistently less expensive than AB for the same part. They also carried a greater selection of parts. Will the new AB keep the BP pricing and selection?

Here's an example:
I just bought a RHT tie rod end from BP about 2 weeks ago. Part number RTC5869, It was an AllMakes PR2 I believe made by QA. Anyways, It was $20.75 shipped to my door. A quick look at the new and improved AB site, http://www.roverparts.com/nxt/?page=...on=Discovery+I, only lists ONE option for a RHT tie rod end and its $40 before shipping.
My hope is that the decreased selection is due to a delay in transfering website data/inventory. But it also makes me wonder why this wasn't all taken care of before completely abandoning the BP website.

brn24whl, can you please clarify what we can expect from the new merger?


cgalpin November 15th, 2012 10:29 AM

Congrats

Quote:

Originally Posted by brn24whl (Post 387740)
Most people ordering series parts from us down load our catalog http://www.roverparts.com/Parts_Cata...Parts_Catalog/ and call us with the order and go over any questions they have. This does work best for the series trucks since only a few percent of our series parts are actually online.

Cheers
Eric

Mmh, I had no idea this was the preferred method. I actually used BP several times for series parts, because of both the low price, but the fact that I could find stuff there! And the iphone app worked well and had the same content (which now no longer appears to work).

Are you guys planning on improving the AB site to be better for series parts? Like TA says, I thought theirs was actually pretty good.

evilfij November 15th, 2012 10:31 AM

I would usually just figure out the part number I needed and call.

Abrooks November 15th, 2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgalpin (Post 387762)
I actually used BP several times for series parts, because of both the low price, but the fact that I could find stuff there!

Same is true of 200tdi parts.

TeriAnn November 15th, 2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brn24whl (Post 387760)
Since I am in sales and not in marketing or purchasing. I can't really say what is happening with pricing or parts supply.

The sales agreement (Allamkes selling British Pacific to Atlantic British) was signed Tuesday (13 Nov). The British Pacific URL was transferred from BP to Atlantic British on Tuesday (13 Nov)

The British Pacific employees and some of their inventory is moving to a new location where they will be sharing a building with Atlantic British folks and Atlantic British inventory.

Allmakes is going through the BP inventory and will be shipping some of the BP inventory back to the UK. Some of it will be going to the dumpster and some to the new AB/BP location. No moving sale, I already checked.

I think but do not have actual facts that the sales deal includes a closer relationship between Allmakes & Atlantic British.

Allmakes is a major purchaser of genuine Land Rover parts directly from Land Rover and gets a very good discount price on those parts. Since British Pacific was a completely owned Allmakes retail outlet (as of about 2 years ago), this allowed British Pacific to sell the full range of genuine LR parts at lower prices than Rovers North. Hopefully this means that Atlantic British will also have access to the full range of genuine LR parts at the same discounted prices and better prices on Allmakes parts as well. I'm not privy to that part of the purchase agreement so this is pure speculation on my part.

hillstrubl November 15th, 2012 11:19 AM

congrats on the merger

fishEH November 15th, 2012 11:31 AM

Not to sound like a jerk, but it seems like there's a lot of "I think"s and "hopefully"s floating around.
I wonder what the big hurry to "lift the curtain" was when there's still so much work left to do?

Jake1996d1 November 15th, 2012 12:15 PM

British Pacific ap is gone :(

psykokid November 15th, 2012 12:32 PM

no bueno, i was getting ready to order a bunch of stuff after i got paid like the TF brake line kit, the only extended brake line kit on the AB site is 120.00 vs 70.00 for the TF as it was on the BP site.. shame..

mud ruts November 15th, 2012 12:59 PM

Don't worry once the sharing of the wealth happens we will all own a part of AB, the government said so!

discotdi November 15th, 2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mud ruts (Post 387816)
Don't worry once the sharing of the wealth happens we will all own a part of AB, the government said so!

Wow, one in every crowd.

Neil McCauley November 15th, 2012 01:17 PM

Wow fascinating. So did steve sell to BA? Is he still involved with BP?

Broncoduecer November 15th, 2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psykokid (Post 387805)
no bueno, i was getting ready to order a bunch of stuff after i got paid like the TF brake line kit, the only extended brake line kit on the AB site is 120.00 vs 70.00 for the TF as it was on the BP site.. shame..

It usually appeared to me that BP had lower prices on things. And I was just wondering what the outcome would be...

fishEH November 15th, 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncoduecer (Post 387830)
It usually appeared to me that BP had lower prices on things. And I was just wondering what the outcome would be...

It looks like AB bought out their competition based upon the complete and abrupt closure of the BP website and the decision to not incorporate BP's selection/stock into the AB website.

rover26c November 15th, 2012 02:07 PM

The prices will go up and in line with RN. Competition is good :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncoduecer (Post 387830)
It usually appeared to me that BP had lower prices on things. And I was just wondering what the outcome would be...



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.