Defender Source Forum banner

Huh?

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  ArmyRover 
#1 ·
#7 ·
rijosho said:
Jay that's your Arles in those shots? I was drooling over it the other night. Actually talked to Chuck Henry yesterday.
Mine is only in one wide angle shot- had the fiberglass top and some skis on top b/c we hit the twist off on the way back from Tahoe. It was fun to park next to that Arles because we had the same rims/tires although I had rockware suspension and f/r bumpers and he had SG suspension and f/r bumpers... Too bad they both weren't Connie SWs though.

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
Twist off seems like it was decades ago. I remember drooling over those trucks. There used to be some cool videos of the offroadshops defender going through the crack. I remember desert rover being impressive but short lived.

Those were the days of the yahoo group.

#14 ·
Off topic but did any know if that green D1 in the Twist off pictures had a CA license plate GRN BEAN or something like that. If so I just say that truck last week and it had been stripped down to mostly stock but it look like it had been outfitted at one time with lots of crazy parts.

#15 ·
So I guess it sold for $27.5? There was only one photo in that eBay ad, so I wonder what the rest looked like. I found a few more photos of it while looking for something else, and that was probably a good angle to take a single photo from!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362006

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
Looks like it's back up for sale again?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...=281043043671&ViewItem=&forcev4exp=true#v4-40

One of a kind rust free North American Spec '94 Land Rover Defender D90 with 120K miles, ZF automatic conversion and stock 3.9 V8. I have owned this truck since 07 and invested some $18K plus in the build. The rig was being built for extreme off-road but still has the ability to run down the highway at 70 and fit in most garages with top lights folded down or back. Body is in good condition with some minor scrapes at the back right quarter and a dent or ding here and there but is no way bashed. Nose has been sprayed with Rhino liner as has the interior tub area. Still missing some minor cosmetic things like body plugs, upper windshield trim strip, rear speakers and trims, but mechanically strong and sound. I have 2 small leaks - one from the t-case and one from the oil cooler lines. I will have both of these addressed before truck is purchased as I hate a leak of any kind like the next guy. If you are looking for a pristine stock D90 this is not the rig but for the money, it is a much more unique and capable rig. Truck does not have A/C but heater does work as do lights, radio, and wipers and top fully removes or bimi top can be left on. I equipped the truck with a pull out lockable tuffy storage box in the rear for secure transport of firearms, ammo, tools or spare parts. I also have the factory rear bench, high mount brake light bar and factory grille which are included. There is no rust on the frame though a few brackets attached to the frame show so rust. Pans, tub and bulk head in excellent shape as well.

Mods I haven't finished include spare tire mount, spacers for rear bumper-ettes, and installing a winch. The spare tire could be mounted to the V brace in the back with the addition of a single cross bar and lug plate leaving the tire to rest against the V bar itself or the addition of an overhead basket and additional of limb risers. Tire would be too tall to mount to the hood. Running the 37's in extreme travel situations allows for the rear tires to rub the bumper-ettes. They simply need to be spaced out another 2.5" back off the frame for tires to fully travel. The equipe bumper is great and ready for winch. I went with this bumper because of its extreme clearance and not necessarily for front end protection though the bar is very stout. I read others reviews on the bumper with some suffering body/panel damage. It functions exactly as I would have imagined, plowing saplings away from body and when approaching a crevice or boulder giving maximum approach vs other bumpers out there. Its like anything else when it comes to off-roading - driver ability, knowing your rig, and proper configuration of your equipment. A little extra clearance and travel is everything with a Land Rover.

Below is a list of mods/additions to the truck

Ashcroft underdrive/crawler (provides 2 additional lower gears w/ t-case)
Disco II double cardan greaseable drive shaft
Great Basis Rover 4:11 Reverse cut gears front and rear
Detroit locker rear
ARB Air locker front
NSO/Moser HD rear half shafts
Ashcroft Front half shafts
Defender 110 HD CV conversion (Military)
Slotted front disc brakes
Humvee double bead locks with magnesium run flats
Goodyear Wrangler Military 16.5 x 37 tires with good tread
Extended HD front brake lines
NSO front external shock mounts with rancho 99005 and RS9000
NSO rear shock mounts with Rancho 99114 RS9000
Rear extended trailing arms with Johnny Joints
Hinged front radius arm by Quinn Dussenberry
Rock sliders
3" lift with OME springs retained front and rear
Extended brake lines
Line-X hood and front fenders
Line-X seat box and floor boards
Tuffy Center console w/ Alpine cd & Ipod interface cable
Tuffy rear cargo slide out & locking flush mount tool box
Hella Rally 1000's
Rear Quarter basher bars
Equipe front winch bumper
rear bench seat (optional use vs tool box)
Badger Coachworks german canvas pick up top and tonneau bed cover (removable)
Rear bumper-ettes
Modified stock cage to fast back roll cage w/ powder coat & removable joints (custom)

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Looks like it went for around $16k a few years ago.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5595

-------------------------------------

Here was the eBay listing, btw. Not sure about "body and paint in fair condition meaning some scratches and blemishes consisten with years and miles" being perfectly honest. haha:

North American Spec '94 Land Rover Defender D90 with 120K miles, ZF automatic conversion w/ 21K, 3.9 aluminum V8, and over $18K plus in modifications/upgrades. Southern truck and no rust. Body and paint in fair condition meaning some scratches and blemishes consistant with year and miles but no crash history or frame issues. I have owned this truck since '07 and never driven it as it was purchased solely to build into a crawler. I do not have the time to enjoy the rig and must sell. Serious buyers only, no money orders, or scammer mo's responded to. I will not have more pictures to upload until sometime next week but vehicle is available to show to serious buyer in OKC. Truck is advertised locally and I reserve the right to end this post without notice should it sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.