Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   Trips, Trails and Events (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   ROAV Summer Ralley @ Rausch Creek 7.29-7.31 (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f12/roav-summer-ralley-rausch-creek-7-29-7-31-a-32044.html)

Uncle Douglas June 29th, 2011 08:41 AM

ROAV Summer Ralley @ Rausch Creek 7.29-7.31

1 Attachment(s)
First event outside Virginia in decades. Many members live outside of Virginia & the club wanted to cater to this group. Rausch Creek is known to most in the Mid Atlantic as a premier Off Road Park. Registration gets you a shirt and decal. Event is open to all. Pm me with any questions you may have. The attached pdf should cover most questions. Come drive your Rover in the woods with like minded enthusiasts.

rijosho June 29th, 2011 09:05 AM

How much trouble do you think I'd get in for going to this even though I'm moving back to NYC that weekend with the woman? :) I'll see what I can do since we're getting movers. Awesome spot, Doug...hope to make it.

The Dro June 29th, 2011 09:45 AM

Nice. Great job.

Too bad I don't have a trail rig anymore... (for now)

Uncle Douglas June 29th, 2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrc.swb (Post 288853)
Nice. Great job.

ah the fabled trail rig- wasn't that truck always down for one reason or another ?
Come ride with Goose.

The Dro June 29th, 2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 130Tdi (Post 288856)
ah the fabled trail rig- wasn't that truck always down for one reason or another ?
Come ride with Goose.

The reason or another was me... the truck runs great. I'm driving it up this weekend to sell it.

Ren Ching June 29th, 2011 11:25 AM

the 88 will go anywhere the disco might have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrc.swb (Post 288853)
Nice. Great job.

Rugbier June 29th, 2011 04:34 PM

Specially when the Driver can't manage anything more than the rocks on the parking lot *LMAO*

Doug, you seat in a car with Pedro for 8 hours and then tell me to volunteer his butt in the passenger seat.

He MUST drive the Series at Rausch Creek... no F@#king excuses accepted anymore :-)

The Dro June 30th, 2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugbier (Post 288916)
Specially when the Driver can't manage anything more than the rocks on the parking lot *LMAO*

Doug, you seat in a car with Pedro for 8 hours and then tell me to volunteer his butt in the passenger seat.

He MUST drive the Series at Rausch Creek... no F@#king excuses accepted anymore :-)

I should have known better... Next time I'll shut the hell up. Besides, the Series is my Poser Mobile. :eek:

I can be in the passenger seat this time... Jason is not driving over ice.... LMAO

Sorry for the Hijack...:)

o2batsea June 30th, 2011 08:52 AM

Pedro you'll be surprised at what the 2A will do. Lively double de-clutching and gear shifting will win the day. In addition, you can't force it. It's not a matter of horsepower, it's finesse. Series trucks like to "walk" thru obstacles rather than power over them.

Wolf Fabrication June 30th, 2011 09:02 AM

If I can finish getting my 107 ready for the trail I will likely bring it up.

Uncle Douglas June 30th, 2011 09:04 AM

Pedro and Bill,two poseurs discussing wheeling a series

Rgistration is open-cost is $20 which covers a shirt and event sticker. Registering just gives us an idea how many will be attending so we can have enough shirts made and plan for trail guides and for campground purposes. Gustavo has offered to lead Pedro's group. Randy Williams has offered to take another.

http://roav.org/Storez/product/prodID=24.html

evilfij June 30th, 2011 03:17 PM

I really want to go. Of course, I really have to work.

Ren Ching June 30th, 2011 05:01 PM

It is impossible to be a poseur and drive a series for very long. Even if it never goes offroad. The poseurs usually sell them after a year or so, once they figure it out.

o2batsea June 30th, 2011 05:47 PM

Doug, I think the last time I was off roading in the 109 was Greek Peak. I may have done some here and there after that, but not much. I started the V8 swap on it that fall.
If a poseur is someone who talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk I'm afraid that wouldn't be me. I do plenty of off roading, just not with you all. Admit it's not as much as I used to, but there are other commitments getting in the way. Glad you can go whenever and wherever you want, drive whatever you want and throw down on those of us who can't.
But I'm sure you were just kidding....

Uncle Douglas June 30th, 2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o2batsea (Post 289112)
Doug, I think the last time I was off roading in the 109 was Greek Peak. I may have done some here and there after that, but not much. I started the V8 swap on it that fall.
If a poseur is someone who talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk I'm afraid that wouldn't be me. I do plenty of off roading, just not with you all. Admit it's not as much as I used to, but there are other commitments getting in the way. Glad you can go whenever and wherever you want, drive whatever you want and throw down on those of us who can't.
But I'm sure you were just kidding....

Just poking the bear Bill. I don't do nearly what I used to either. Replacing engines in my trucks more often than I make it off road. Pretty sad actually.

Uncle Douglas July 3rd, 2011 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Summer Ralley T shirt design

Uncle Douglas July 5th, 2011 12:59 PM

getting a couple of emails asking if the shirt can be bought by non-attandee's.
Sure we can work that out.

Wolf Fabrication July 15th, 2011 04:48 PM

Anyone coming from the Philly area that can transport some parts?

jefhuf July 20th, 2011 03:47 PM

who's going to this?

cgalpin July 20th, 2011 03:55 PM

I am. I know I'll be staying in a hotel as the wife as requested, but need to decide if we are going up Friday night or getting up crazy early Saturday. I am pushing for Friday so we can checkin and leave all the crap there instead of wheeling with it all day Saturday.

Jeff, call me.