Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   For Sale - Vehicles (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Series IIA Lightweight, galv. coil chassis (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/series-iia-lightweight-galv-coil-chassis-26544.html)

ECR July 19th, 2010 03:59 PM

Series IIA Lightweight, galv. coil chassis

1 Attachment(s)
More data and price coming soon. Turner 2.25 (unleaded), 4 speed with Fairey Overdrive, galvanized coil chassis, 4 wheel disc brakes, Range Rover axles, LHD 12 volt. This is a truck we reconditioned years ago. We still need to run the truck through the shop and fix what needs fixing, so until that is done I won't have a price, but because it is a cool and kinda rare rig I thought I'd post it here for those looking for something different.:):)

rijosho July 19th, 2010 04:14 PM

Love these. Do you have its "reconditioning" on your site somewhere?

airbornrover July 19th, 2010 04:19 PM

believe its under the series III link for vehicles that have gone throu the shop, Pictures are a little fuzzy thou cause they were taken back in the eaaaarrrrly days of ECR.:)

ECR July 19th, 2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijosho (Post 231574)
Love these. Do you have its "reconditioning" on your site somewhere?

Not really. It was put on the galv coil frame in 1996. The Turner and such was done in 2002 and those images might be up somewhere, but the only one I know of for sure is the "before" photo here:

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/Zucker.html

Just took it around the block... what a blast this little thing is.:):)

Roving Beetle July 19th, 2010 06:37 PM

I'm surprised Carey isn't droooollllling on it and peeing all over it to make sure nobody buys it out from under him. It seems right up his alley. :)

ECR July 19th, 2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roving Beetle (Post 231600)
I'm surprised Carey isn't droooollllling on it and peeing all over it to make sure nobody buys it out from under him. It seems right up his alley. :)

He is out today so he hasn't seen it yet.
It just arrived back with us this morning.:)

rovertrader July 21st, 2010 04:21 PM

Mike- shoot me a pm when you know the pricing- considering a similar project for winter, and would rather be driving it than building it:)

MudD1 July 21st, 2010 04:42 PM

I realy like that!would give me a reason to sell the D90!

ECR July 21st, 2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudD1 (Post 232049)
I realy like that!would give me a reason to sell the D90!

Trades?

MudD1 July 21st, 2010 05:07 PM

it would depend on how much i would OWE you...

Roving Beetle July 21st, 2010 08:56 PM

Jeff - let me know if you decide to sell the D90. :)

EWR July 21st, 2010 09:22 PM

OK Doug, then let me know what you want for the TWR, I need a new trail rig.

ECR July 21st, 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EWR (Post 232116)

Oooo, you'll be getting hate mail too!

Roving Beetle July 22nd, 2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EWR (Post 232116)

She'd make a hell of a trail rig. Those plastic bumpers and side skirts are nice and flexible...... to a point. :)

You know your wifey wants my RRC as a daily driver, just let her know she can have it "for a price". (And no I meant nothing lewd by that! Ha!)

Doug

EWR July 22nd, 2010 11:52 AM

Those plastic bumpers and side skirts are nice and flexible...... to a point

WTF? That's what a sawzall is for... sheesh.:) Let me know, I'll cut the beatch up.:cool:

jac04 July 23rd, 2010 12:56 PM

Funny, I tried to buy this Lightweight from Ed Bear back in August 2008. At that time he wanted $20k and was not even willing to take a few additional pictures of it for me. Too bad, I had the money and wanted a nice Lightweight, but didn't want to drive 10 hours without seeing a few pictures first.

I thought back then I found some pictures of the RHD to LHD conversion, but I can't remember.

ECR July 23rd, 2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jac04 (Post 232448)
Funny, I tried to buy this Lightweight from Ed Bear back in August 2008. At that time he wanted $20k and was not even willing to take a few additional pictures of it for me. Too bad, I had the money and wanted a nice Lightweight, but didn't want to drive 10 hours without seeing a few pictures first.

I thought back then I found some pictures of the RHD to LHD conversion, but I can't remember.

Dr. Bear is a great guy, one of our best customers and a very good personal friend as well. If you knew him better you would know that he has no real interest in, nor does he need to, sell anything. He'll sell you something if you come see it and drive it and such, but he doesn't do the email pictures or anything-thing. My best description for Dr. Bear is that his "give-a-shit meter" broke a long time ago. Its his way or the highway.
That is why he sent the truck to us. So that we can get it ready for sale and he'll pay us to do all the crap he hates doing.

There are some pictures on the site somewhere of the LHD conversion (I think), but I can't recall where they are.

ssbartley1 July 23rd, 2010 03:52 PM

-

That is indeed a sweet Rover!

evilfij July 23rd, 2010 04:06 PM

Ed Bear is a good dude based on meeting him a couple times way back when.

BTW price is $17k

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/ecrforsale.html

jac04 July 23rd, 2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECR (Post 232456)
My best description for Dr. Bear is that his "give-a-shit meter" broke a long time ago. Its his way or the highway.

Yeah, that's the impression I got from my correspondence with him. If he was only willing to take a few photos I probably would have driven down & trailered it home. I figured that there wasn't exactly a line of people with $20k cash in their hands at his doorstep, but that's the way it goes I guess. Oh well.