Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   The Vendors Loft (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f19/)
-   -   Next Safety Devices container in the works (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f19/next-safety-devices-container-in-the-works-26542.html)

ECR July 19th, 2010 02:18 PM

Next Safety Devices container in the works

If you have needs for Safety Devices products or cages from their currently manufactured line of products let us know if we can help you. We will be shipping a 40' container full of product in the coming weeks and will be happy to help with your Safety Devices needs.
Thank you!!:):):)

(This is for Land Rover based Safety Devices products).

GYM July 20th, 2010 07:44 PM

Not sure if this is a Safety Devices part... Are '97 Defender LE five bar tread plate sets for rungs of the factory Safety Devices ladder available?

ECR July 20th, 2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GYM (Post 231806)
Not sure if this is a Safety Devices part... Are '97 Defender LE five bar tread plate sets for rungs of the factory Safety Devices ladder available?

That was a Land Rover add on, sorry, not a SD product.

minorthreat July 20th, 2010 09:09 PM

Is the A pillar that fits a soft top available? For that matter, is the rest of the ST cage available as well (without the moulded padding, of course.) I recall seeing a non padded NAS style ST cage on their website .

ECR July 21st, 2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minorthreat (Post 231824)
Is the A pillar that fits a soft top available? For that matter, is the rest of the ST cage available as well (without the moulded padding, of course.) I recall seeing a non padded NAS style ST cage on their website .

NAS 90ST A pillar: Yes

NAS style cage: Not really. They make something like it (no padding) for Euro Spec 90s, but it does not fit NAS 90s.

crown14 July 21st, 2010 09:45 AM

I need a couple of the small logo decals that go on the racks, got any of those/can you get any?

ECR July 21st, 2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crown14 (Post 231916)
I need a couple of the small logo decals that go on the racks, got any of those/can you get any?

I asked that question of them before (I think it was you who asked) and I never got a reply, and when that happens from them that means, no, sorry.
I don't have any SD decals here either, sorry.

mpodgorski July 21st, 2010 10:41 AM

Morning Mike,

I would like to know if you would be able to get the following rack and ladder.
http://www.expeditionexchange.com/rr7/rr7005%20197.jpg

If so pencil me in.
Martin

ECR July 21st, 2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpodgorski (Post 231946)
Morning Mike,

If so pencil me in.
Martin

I'll check on it.

Reese_D90 July 21st, 2010 11:58 AM

I have a new (to me) 97 SW. I am concerned about the lack of rollcage for any rear passengers. I know there is a full exterior cage option but thought I would ask about an interior design. Does Safty Devices have anything that could bolt INSIDE the rear of SW. When I look at RBL181 7SSS, it looks kind of close to a fit if just the back cage bolted into the existing SW rollbar behind the front seats.
Thoughts??
thanks

bjf July 21st, 2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECR (Post 231919)
I asked that question of them before (I think it was you who asked) and I never got a reply, and when that happens from them that means, no, sorry.
I don't have any SD decals here either, sorry.

SD sells them on ebay uk or at least they did a few months ago

ECR July 21st, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpodgorski (Post 231946)
Morning Mike,

If so pencil me in.
Martin

SD says the jigs are still around, but they are "hesitant" to go back into production on that rack as it did not sell well.

So I would say if some interest can be found from a number of potential buyers it could happen, but they won't do it as a one off due to the cost of setting up the jig again.

Not sure that answers your question, but at least it wasn't "No".
Lets see if more people chime in liking that design.

------ Follow up post added July 21st, 2010 12:17 PM ------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reese_D90 (Post 231964)
I have a new (to me) 97 SW. I am concerned about the lack of rollcage for any rear passengers. I know there is a full exterior cage option but thought I would ask about an interior design. Does Safty Devices have anything that could bolt INSIDE the rear of SW. When I look at RBL181 7SSS, it looks kind of close to a fit if just the back cage bolted into the existing SW rollbar behind the front seats.
Thoughts??
thanks

External is the way to go with the NAS wagon for a number of reasons ranging from seat belts to the jump seats in the back. An internal cage in the rear will cause issue with the space back there. SD doesn't offer any extension to the stock NAS 90 wagon cage, sorry.

Something could be done, but it would be custom from a shop here in the US.

mpodgorski July 21st, 2010 01:01 PM

thanks for the follow up Mike. Not sure on how to generate more interest.
Any chance on how many would need to be requested to make a batch?

ECR July 21st, 2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpodgorski (Post 231984)
thanks for the follow up Mike. Not sure on how to generate more interest.
Any chance on how many would need to be requested to make a batch?

Usually about 10.
I have no problem stocking a few, but can't sit on 9.:):):):)

Let it stew on the forum here for a bit and see where it goes.

RiftRover July 23rd, 2010 11:49 PM

Mike, are the horizontal bars that go above the doors on a SW available? If so, any idea on price?

Defender90_218 July 24th, 2010 01:52 PM

Are the current rear ladders the same as the original NAS SD ones(RRL097 LA I think)?

I like the rear ladder setup but wanna make a custom platform using the SD rear ladder and cross bars.

Also do you have a measurement of how high above the roof the rear ladder sticks?

ECR July 24th, 2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defender90_218 (Post 232581)
Are the current rear ladders the same as the original NAS SD ones(RRL097 LA I think)?

I like the rear ladder setup but wanna make a custom platform using the SD rear ladder and cross bars.

Also do you have a measurement of how high above the roof the rear ladder sticks?

Yes, the rear ladder for the SD style rack is the same as it used to be.
Those are in stock now.

Roughly 5" (close guess)

Defender90_218 July 24th, 2010 06:33 PM

Any chance I could get a price on the ladder and cross bars?

rgrrvr July 24th, 2010 10:37 PM

I'd like an exo cage for a D-90, any external/internal over the top camel trophy style for NAS? I see they make one for the UK tub style.

rovertrader July 25th, 2010 12:00 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Mike- similar to the request above, is the orig 110 CT cage still available? A hoop with diagnals across the roof to internal B and remain internal to the rear? Will try to attach a pic or two.