Defender Source Forum banner

Psyoptic Development sliders

Tags
slide
3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  madcowdungbeetle 
#1 ·
This weekend Jon and I installed a set the Psyoptic Development sliders on my 90.

Shameless plug: Jon Carter is a good friend of mine and I wanted to support his new venture. His sliders are an original design, that is not available anywhere else. They have a boat hull design, to help better slide off obstacles. They connect at 3 points, front, back and middle. The middle point connects to the frame where the cross-member attaches. You would be hard pressed to push these up into the body panels.

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Jon does good work, he just completed a few small projects on my RockRR including air bump stop mounts and modifying my existing crossmember. Simple projects that really weren't and he had a tight timetable so I could get take my rig to King of the Hammers.

He is getting ready to start my NAS 110 resto which will be a build thread at some point. Jon knows rovers, has an engineering background, and is an honest hard working guy...don't let the dreads fool you:)

#5 ·
Jon is finishing up the jigs and having everything laser cut for the final production runs. I also have the frame sliders and the RW belly pan. The tabs on the frame sliders need to be bent out just a tad to make everything work properly. Jon also has the frame sliders on his truck, so I am sure he could customize a set for you a head of time.

#10 ·
Sorry to be late on the reply.

First off, I want to thank Scott for donating his D90 to science and allowing me to use it as a test bed for my product development, and Luke and Mario at "The Shop" in Norcross for allowing me to use their tools and equipment to do the install. Great guys and I highly recommend them.

To answer the big question.... When can I have a set?

ASAP. I do not have an exact date for full on production, but as soon as soon as I do I will post it in the Vendors forum. I am currently working with my laser cutter, and doing some design and manufacturing tweaks to ensure manufacturing repeatability and overall quality. It is my mission to guarantee that my customers receive the highest quality parts possible.

As for the frame sliders: I can modify your frame sliders to work with my frame outrigger for a small fee, or I can provide you with the necessary parts and instructions to do it yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.