Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   Wanted (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f10/)
-   -   Take out V8 engine and trans--complete (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f10/take-out-v8-engine-and-trans-complete-2266.html)

evilfij June 5th, 2004 05:29 PM

Take out V8 engine and trans--complete

I am looking for a complete take out V8 engine from a D90/D110. Prefer 93-95, but 97 will be considered. I need COMPLETE, like everything. However, the block itself can be bad.

I need:

intake, injectors, exhaust and Y-pipe, plenum, air cleaner, wiring, ecu (well I can do without the ECU itself but I need the wiring), flywheel clutch, radiator, overflow tank, hoses, alternator etc etc etc. I would even like the transmission too but I can source that seperately. And I can find some of the other stuff seperately but the more you have the better.

Everything!

So if you are doing a TDi, or chevy swap or whatever, let me know. Again high miles is fine, block problems is fine.

Also if anyone has done this with a RR or disco engine let me know how it went.

Cheers
Ron

evilfij (at) yahoo.com

JimC June 5th, 2004 05:43 PM

How quickly do you need it? I'll have 95% of what you specify above including a NAS90 chassis available later this year as I get more parts assembled for the diesel swap I'm doing.

evilfij June 5th, 2004 05:53 PM

not quickly

Shoot me an email and we can chat about what I need/you have etc.

Ron

evilfij June 5th, 2004 05:55 PM

BTW why are you buying a new chassis? The TDi engine mounts are so easy to make it is ridiculous.

Ron

Doug June 5th, 2004 06:03 PM

Ron,

I have the 3.9 complete from my 93 NAS 110. Replacing it with a brand new customized 5.0 full block with new efi. I can send you 3.9 engine, flywheel, plenum, trumpets, injectors, fuel rail etc. all intact and running well, although at 100K miles I think the cam is a bit flat. I have a 6 month old alternator with it, but no radiator, overflow tank, hoses. Note that my truck had a very minor oil fire that did not touch the engine at all, but may have effected the MAF, which can be included with the above. (I picked up a used MAF a year ago as an expedition back up, which I'll be putting on the new rig.) I want to hang onto the 14CU ECU for the time being as a fall-back for the disco 14cux I'm putting in with the new engine. The rest of the air flow, pre-plenum, can be included.

Want to shoot me an email if interested? dwalker at camdenfinancial dot com.

Best,

DW

JimC June 5th, 2004 09:58 PM

Ron- Your profile sez you dont want to receive emails - am I missing it somewhere? Either way, I'm jimcheney@hotmail.com.

I dont have a lot of space to do my build, I bought a new chassis so that I could 1) keep driving the d90 while I build up the new chassis, and 2) not have to manage parts for a disassembled Rover.

evilfij June 5th, 2004 11:22 PM

Are you missing something:

Well:

"evilfij (at) yahoo.com"

I am sending you an email.

Cheers
Ron

dmarchand June 8th, 2004 08:54 AM

Ron, I have a complete '97 4.0. Has some miles, 100K+, but in good condition with new plugs, wires, water pump, etc. Took it out for my conversion. It's on the border of Maine and NH. 1 hour North of Boston.

evilfij June 8th, 2004 04:29 PM

Thanks all.

I have decided to go with Jim C's

Cheers
Ron

cbkearney June 17th, 2004 06:00 PM

Guys,
Yet another reason to start tearing down my truck tonight :) . I have a complete, running 3.9 in my truck and could start tearing it down tonight. Any takers? E-mail or call (781)576-9171.
Chris Kearney