Defender Source Forum banner

SW rear doors

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ajh 
#1 ·
The one that got away... been successful keeping the o'l SW rust free EXCEPT the rear door (even with por15/ waxoil etc..) the bottom frame rail is giving up slowly and now Im thinking replacement instead of repair.

anyone source a td5 rear door and have any info on retrofitting with ;95 door parts? if pia might just look for OEM door and try my best to rustproof and ground to chassi...any good sources..dont want to get killed on the price :(

#9 · (Edited)
The TD5 rear door seems hard to get.. right now trying to price out a new original door (heated) with spare mount holes (as mine) in the UK, might go that route, and see about rust proofing the door as best I can?.

UK exchange rate looks ok, it will all depend on sipping rates I suppose. (Paddock new Safari door less than $200 with heated glass)

#10 ·
Britpart also now does replacement skins, I am waffling between buying one to re-skin the frame I am currently welding and galvanizing this week or producing new galvanized skins by hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.