Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   The Vendors Loft (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f19/)
-   -   Safety Devices NAS 90 Roof Racks (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f19/safety-devices-nas-90-roof-racks-21874.html)

ECR September 21st, 2009 01:51 PM

Safety Devices NAS 90 Roof Racks

FYI: The container from Safety Devices has left the UK and should be at ECR shortly. Inside are roll cages (all sold now, sorry) and the final batch of SD NAS style roof racks. We have decided that the factory SD rack system will be discontinued for good, so this is the last chance to get one of the factory Safety Devices roof rack systems for your NAS Defender 90. Fits 1994-1997 NAS Defender (hard top, soft top, or fiberglass top).
No more will be built.

For details go here:

http://www.eastcoastrover.com

Thanks all! :)

Neil McCauley September 21st, 2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECR
FYI: We have decided that the factory SD rack system will be discontinued for good

boooo! :grin

ECR September 21st, 2009 03:04 PM

;)
Too much investment, too little return. They are going to focus on some other things, but good news is that Defender cages are not in threat of being dropped at this time.

woldd90 September 21st, 2009 03:05 PM

If the economy were better, I would be all over a SD basket for my SW. I was hoping that I could get in on another run early next year...

ECR September 21st, 2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woldd90
If the economy were better, I would be all over a SD basket for my SW. I was hoping that I could get in on another run early next year...

Sadly the economy sucks for manufactures and buyers alike.
There will not be another batch. What is in the container are the last of them.

the_eaze September 27th, 2009 12:30 AM

I have been looking for a front cross member support that attaches to the external roll cage. Any chance there are any extras floating around?

Wolf Fabrication September 27th, 2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_eaze
I have been looking for a front cross member support that attaches to the external roll cage. Any chance there are any extras floating around?

I make replacements, but they are not cheap - $300/pair.

the_eaze September 27th, 2009 09:34 PM

Can you make just one?

ECR September 28th, 2009 11:19 AM

If you need one call Holly here at the shop.
We have a custom rack coming up for the BR130 and we have to build some extra bars for that, so we could easily make you a SD cross bar when we do that work, just would take a little time.
Do you need the SD rack feet for it? We have those too.

Wolf Fabrication September 28th, 2009 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_eaze
Can you make just one?

Yes - sorry about that - $150 each.

ECR September 28th, 2009 01:07 PM

Container from SD arrives Tuesday morning 9/29. Racks have been selling slowly, but there are some left. Last batch of the correct factory originals that will ever be made. Don't delay. :) :)

ECR September 29th, 2009 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The container with the final load of SD NAS Defender 90 racks arrived today. Holly has been selling the remaining units at a pretty good rate, so don't miss out. These racks are now discontinued and prices have not increased. Sorry to sound like a sales pitch, but just want to make sure folks are aware and don't call us in Nov. looking for racks and wondering why they can't have one.
Thanks all! :) :)

bjp September 29th, 2009 12:36 PM

Sorry do not mean to hijack thread. Might as well try. Anybody out there want to go in on a package and split the parts up? I have been looking for the ladder for a while but can not purchase it separately. Figure if someone needs a basket or crossbars and clamps it might work out. Thanks.

ECR October 19th, 2009 01:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some images of recent SD rack installs here at the shop:

rover26c October 19th, 2009 02:43 PM

Nice photos! I believe thats my red D90. Patiently waiting on her turn :)

rgrrvr October 19th, 2009 11:45 PM

how does it work for series coil sprung chassis? DAP tells me you're the distributor but I dont need an install just shopping for a chassis, call Holly?

ECR October 20th, 2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgrrvr
how does it work for series coil sprung chassis? DAP tells me you're the distributor but I dont need an install just shopping for a chassis, call Holly?

We are no longer the US rep for Designa-Chassis. The guys I used to work with there sold the company and the new guys have been having some bad luck. You can contact them directly via their web site. Its a good chassis, we have used a ton of them, we just do Defender stuff now. Have fun.

ECR February 12th, 2010 12:14 PM

Just FYI to those thinking about racks... there are now only two more racks left.
These are the last of the last.

Many thanks to all those who purchased racks!:):)

smob February 12th, 2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECR (Post 204910)
Just FYI to those thinking about racks... there are now only two more racks left.
These are the last of the last.

Many thanks to all those who purchased racks!:):)

Does this mean that SD rack replacement parts are gone, too? Or did you have full racks AND replacement parts?

ECR February 12th, 2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMOB (Post 204914)
Does this mean that SD rack replacement parts are gone, too? Or did you have full racks AND replacement parts?

Replacement parts are a different thing. I have a good stock of replacement parts.

It is the entire rack kits that will be gone after 2 more.