Defender Source Forum banner

Powerstroke 2.8

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  waveridin1959 
#1 ·
I am insearch of information on the International HS2.8 Powerstroke. I've been to the Disco-tech website, but I was looking for anyone who has had this conversion performed, and what sort of results they have had.
Thanks!
Trevor Griffiths

#3 ·
There was also a huge thread on PBB when he did it. Pretty good reading.

#5 ·
Well, Tyler, I have made so much money of you and the Defender, that I have decided to convert the entire fleet of Treasured Motorcar Rovers, (all 6 of them) to a more economical source of power!
Actually , no, I have a customer who inquired about engine options and I was concerned about emissions laws.

#8 ·
Mike Hippert said:
Tell him to register in NH, we have no emissions laws and in some places the guy who inspects your car is blind and tells you to fill out the frickin sticker yourself.:grin Did you get my PM?
That's interesting.... I looked at a 1985 Gwagon this weekend (in NJ) and the owner, who lives and works in NJ has it registered in Maine. When I asked him about it, he said, they (Maine) really don't care where you live, hence he was able to register it there. He is a licensed NJ driver and he even has NJ insurance? The whole deal was bogus for me but he seemed to have pulled it off. Is that why there are so many late model 110s in the NE area?

Oh, BTW, here is the G...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31854&item=2478750789&rd=1

it ends today. The owner would've taken $10K in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.