Defender Source Forum banner

Body Panel Removal

Tags
body
4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JimC 
#1 ·
I'm trying to disassemble the body of my 94 D-90 POE so I can restore it properly and I can't find any instructions in the service manuals for removing body panels. It is possible that my manual is incomplete. I wan't to do this the correct way and not foul up anything by doing things wrong.

If anyone has access to a a body repair manual that I could download I would be greatful.

Thanks,
S-P

#2 ·
Service manuals typically dont describe how to take bodies apart.

You're in luck though, since its pretty impossible to mess up. Its just a matter or taking off things which are bolted to other things.

A general guideline which hits all the main points - Remove...
- External roll cage, brush guard, tire carrier etc.
- The hood comes off just by lifting it out of the hinges.
- Front fender flares to access bolts at rear of front fender
- Grill and breakfast to access bolts for fender cross brace and other fasteners
- Pull fenders
- Doors, floor panels, seatbox can be take, off at any time
- Drop front headliner to access bolts at top of windshield
- Roof
- Side panels

Now you should be left with a tub and a bulkhead. Do what ever you want from there.

QED.

#3 ·
Thanks for the help with that.

Part of what I want to remove are the rivited trim pieces that are at the top of the tubs as mine have started to bubble and I'd like to pull them off and properly treat and protect them from going bad again. If it is as simple as drilling the rivits and pulling the pieces off then no problem, but I don't want to overdrill and end up with varying sizes of rivits in the body.

Thanks again,
Sean-Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.