Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old April 29th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Abeer
Amarveer
94 D90 ST

Registry
Yakima X Towers - $115 shipped

For sale are good condition Yakima X towers. 2 sets of the towers, so 4 total.

You can use these with the 66" Yakima crossbars for surfboard/kayak/paddle board mounts.

I planned to use them but never actually did. They've been sitting in a box in my closet for a year now. I'm asking what I paid for them, which is 115 shipped.

Thanks,
Amarveer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0254.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	71055   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0253.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	71056  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:57 PM
Jbirdlott
Jason
1985 LR 90 200TDi

I'm interested. Pm sent
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
Abeer
Amarveer
94 D90 ST

Registry
replied. I don't think these will work for you unless you have an NAS roll cage on your 90.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Jbirdlott
Jason
1985 LR 90 200TDi

What's the outer diameter of the NAS bar? The X towers look adjustable... I want them for up top so I have no clearance issues. Thanks!

------ Follow up post added May 4th, 2013 09:16 AM ------

Ill give you $80 for the set.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Abeer
Amarveer
94 D90 ST

Registry
I'm not sure about the diameter of the NAS bars. Hopefully somebody else can chime in on that.

In regards to whether these are adjustable, these x towers were originally designed for the Nissan X-terra, but defender owners realized they worked just as well with our roll bars. The adjust ability is limited to the tightening screw used to secure the towers to the roll bar, so it could probably be tightened around a slightly bigger bar but nothing smaller than the NAS bars.

PM sent on price.
Old May 4th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeer View Post
i'm not sure about the diameter of the nas bars. Hopefully somebody else can chime in on that.
1 3/4"
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:44 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
I had a set of these and they worked well. You will need to buy Yakima extensions to make them clear (at least needed with a fiberglass hard top) there is a thread somewhere here that showed how to attach these extensions. I do remember I had to do a little filing on the attachments to make them work.

Here is a thread with more info and Picts. These are pretty hard to come by and I if I had a NAS and wanted a roof rack that took 15 minutes to install and take off (great for those with garage clearance issues) I would buy them.

GLWS

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...&referrerid=36
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:18 PM
sahuaro
luis ruiz
94 D90 ST #141

I'll take them.
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Jbirdlott
Jason
1985 LR 90 200TDi

I still got dibs? Correct?

------ Follow up post added May 4th, 2013 08:05 PM ------

Thanks all...

------ Follow up post added May 4th, 2013 08:07 PM ------

Thanks all...
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Abeer
Amarveer
94 D90 ST

Registry
These are sold.

------ Follow up post added May 4th, 2013 06:14 PM ------

Almost forgot. Thanks Gery for the info and the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityD90 View Post
I had a set of these and they worked well. You will need to buy Yakima extensions to make them clear (at least needed with a fiberglass hard top) there is a thread somewhere here that showed how to attach these extensions. I do remember I had to do a little filing on the attachments to make them work.

Here is a thread with more info and Picts. These are pretty hard to come by and I if I had a NAS and wanted a roof rack that took 15 minutes to install and take off (great for those with garage clearance issues) I would buy them.

GLWS

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...&referrerid=36
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Jbirdlott
Jason
1985 LR 90 200TDi

This stinks... Thought I was in on these! Didn't know about ARB package deal. Just X towers!
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Jbirdlott
Jason
1985 LR 90 200TDi

Can someone help me out on the norms on placing dibs on a item? I'm a bit of newbie for sure!

Thanks!
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Jbirdlott
Jason
1985 LR 90 200TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I'm not sure about the diameter of the NAS bars. Hopefully somebody else can chime in on that.

In regards to whether these are adjustable, these x towers were originally designed for the Nissan X-terra, but defender owners realized they worked just as well with our roll bars. The adjust ability is limited to the tightening screw used to secure the towers to the roll bar, so it could probably be tightened around a slightly bigger bar but nothing smaller than the NAS bars.

PM sent on price.

PM was sent on price. And you said Paypal was best.... To me that says we were in transaction of some sort !?! Guess not in your realms of business and sales?

Thanks Pal...
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
It sucks missing out on something you want, and it's happened to me quite a few times, but I think Abeer was in the right here. He had them for sale for $115 shipped and you said you'd do $80. If I don't want to pay full price, or if I'm seeing if the seller is willing to come down a little I usually phrase it by asking if they can do less, but to let me know if they get an offer for full price, because I may have some room to come up. I usually understand that if I'm offering less than full price, that I'm opening the door for someone else to buy it at full price.
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Jbirdlott
Jason
1985 LR 90 200TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
It sucks missing out on something you want, and it's happened to me quite a few times, but I think Abeer was in the right here. He had them for sale for $115 shipped and you said you'd do $80. If I don't want to pay full price, or if I'm seeing if the seller is willing to come down a little I usually phrase it by asking if they can do less, but to let me know if they get an offer for full price, because I may have some room to come up. I usually understand that if I'm offering less than full price, that I'm opening the door for someone else to buy it at full price.
I appreciate your reply. I'm just sticking with the principle. I sent "PM" and he (seller) and others were helping on sizing. Seller and I had several "PM's"... One stating he (seller) giving me a return lowered offer then his original asking price. So I took as we were in discussion, leaning towards a final agreement. Also correct me if I'm wrong.. Doesn't a person coming along on a thread reply with norms of saying "if the other guy passes ill take um". It's just the good norms that I have been and observing learning here. Norms and principles of transaction. Good ethics. Ones I try to govern my self with... Sure I'm a lil bent.... But a lil more bent on the fact and like to stand on principle. This is done obviously. Since he the seller took the lower road.... Done thanks
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:58 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

When I sell something I do it like this: The first person that contacts me has first right of refusal. So if I asked $100, you offered $75, somebody else came back and said they'd give $100, I'd give the $75 guy first choice to either take them for $100 or pass. Not everybody operates this way though.
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Abeer
Amarveer
94 D90 ST

Registry
Josh and Brett, Thanks for helping clarify things.

Jason, pal, as you keep trying to take this discussion from private to public, let me tell you my thoughts publicly.

The bottom line is you gave me a bullshit lowball offer. In good faith, I actually immediately responded to your shit offer with a great deal to which you did not respond. I don't know what "norms of transactions" you've learned, but I've learned that if somebody lowballs you, he is not serious. Similarly, if you still try to negotiate and he does not respond, then that person is definitely not serious.

If you're not serious, than why would I wait around for you when somebody else gives me a fair price (the actual price I asked for)? If you were serious about your offer, why the hell would you lowball me? Literally what you offered me is 45% below what I asked (with the $15 shipping taken out).

In the end, you were being cheap and you missed out because of that. Luckily you learned this negotiation lesson on a small ticket item rather than something big.

I don't think its fair to lick something and lock the item up if you're trying to get a huge discount.
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Jbirdlott
Jason
1985 LR 90 200TDi

I was your first hit after three days bro!! And all our thread post and inboxes messages clearly showed you were entertaining me as buyer. Except the fact when another came along and your practices changed and hurried up real quick. Enough of the BS and no need for profanity. You called yourself on the carpet... And maybe you can learn from the above respectable mentioned practice.

Out gone on this... Ill "lick" and PM a second time. Just in case you don't get your cash.
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Riodelmar
Eric
None

Any one have a need for xtowers still?

I have about 10 sets of new in box xtowers that I want to get out of my life. Used to be in the rack industry and these were buy backs from retailers when the new towers were introduced, nothing wrong with them never been used still in their packaging. Trying to get 15 bucks per set (4 towers) and what ever shipping costs. Or if you happen to be in the Santa Cruz area you can pick them up.
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:59 AM
sahuaro
luis ruiz
94 D90 ST #141

Pm sent

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
yakima