WTB: Supercharger for 4.6 Rover Block - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old September 6th, 2014, 10:29 AM
chris-critter
Chris Phillips
97 D90

WTB: Supercharger for 4.6 Rover Block

Hi all. I have a 4.6 land rover gas engine in my defender. Looking to add a supercharger. Looks like the eaton may be the only / best option. Something like this: http://youtu.be/AuFDCFfe75M

Not sure if eaton is still making them for I have not heard back from the company.

Any used ones out there? Any ideas? Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2014, 06:38 AM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

I did a little research into this same project a few years back.
Old September 7th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Only seen one in 25 years. Unless you are sold on the idea, go for a LS1 conversion.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2014, 06:58 AM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

I did some research into this same project quite a few years back. The turbo is an eaton turbo that can be found in an old thunderbird, late 80's early 90's. The square ugly ones. I think One of the special additions rovers actually came with this setup new.

You can find used ones fairly easily but when I was looking everyone seemed to be convinced they were made of gold or some nonsense because you could easily buy the whole used car for a lot less than people wanted for a used turbo.

Plus when I was looking P38's with a 4.6 were still just a little too new for an affordable motor or crank to be available.

Check out D&D fabrications at aluminumV8.com. That dude knows everything about these motors and seemed really glad to talk as long as you wanted about any of it.
Old September 7th, 2014, 10:24 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
if you can't find a ready made one all you need to do is have an adapter machined. just need the right length on the shaft support.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts