Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old December 30th, 2007, 06:52 PM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
Winter Wingtop Vent Covers

Tired of chiseling snow and ice from your wingtop vents. These covers allow you to draw fresh air through the wingtops and keep winter ice and snow from plugging up your wingtop vent housing. This low profile stainless steel cover draws fresh air from the side rather than the front. The cover's overhang extends to the outer edge of horizontal surface of the wing top. Since most snow does not stick to vertical surfaces there is always a clear path for the fresh air to be drawn into the wingtop vent housing. Satin finish is $45 - Flat Black $48 - available for right or left wingtops. I can accept a bank cashier's check or US Postal money order. Shipping not included...

Don't blame Santa if you didn't get one of these for Christmas - they did not exist until Today!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blacksnowvent2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	11500   Click image for larger version

Name:	blacksnowvent1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	11501  

Name:	blacksnowvent3.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	11502   Click image for larger version

Name:	compsnowvent.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	11503  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2007, 06:45 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

I'm customer number 1.
Old December 31st, 2007, 07:59 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Numero Dos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2007, 01:48 PM
LenB
Len Bruffett

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
Numero Dos
Drop me an email when you are ready to order and let me know your zip so I can determine shipping costs -
Thanks

Len

Old January 8th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Bikahoga
Brett
1994/D-90

Thanks Len I look forward to getting one.....what a great price
Old January 8th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Got mine, looks great, nice quality. Thanks Len!

Semper Fi!
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:17 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Here's a pic of mine keeping that recent dumping of nasty snow, sleet, and rain from clogging the vent. I am very happy with it. Thanks Len.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1878 edited.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	12069  
Old February 9th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I got one too, but Grover sleeps in the garage so no sexy outdoor pics....

Semper Fi!
Old February 10th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I'm trying to decide between the two. Do you guys with the winter covers gain/lose any ram air from the side view? how does the airflow compare to stock intake covers?
Old February 10th, 2008, 08:12 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

I haven't noticed any difference between the air flow with the side opening during the winter and the traditional flat opening in the fall. There is a big difference between the clear side opening vent and the ice-clogged traditional vent.
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM
aclarke
Andrew Clarke
1986 110 CSW 200tdi

Makes your truck safer, too.

I've spent way too much money on my truck in the last few weeks, but when I'm feeling rich again I'm going to have to get some of these. Not only are they a convenience item, but they're a safety item too.

When my heater vent fills with snow, after my engine warms up a bit it will dump water vapour all over the inside of my windscreen, which will promptly freeze, covering the inside of my windscreen in a layer of ice that won't disappear for the next 5-10 minutes. It makes for some dicey moments while driving.

- Andrew.
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:22 PM
97Ariesblu
kyle scheppler
1997/D-90 Station Wagon

How many do you have?....can I order a black one later (like week 1/2 or so) or is there limited amount going fast? cause i could buy now or maybe you can u put one on hold, cause I would follow through with purchase....need to wait for another paycheck so i have funds for my stomach which sometimes takes a backseat to "Blue" and his needs and constant sounds and vibrations which scare me...always putting money into that damn boy...anyways lemme know what you think or anything else you would like to add

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBaxter
Here's a pic of mine keeping that recent dumping of nasty snow, sleet, and rain from clogging the vent. I am very happy with it. Thanks Len.

luv the pic....how does your 90 do in the snow and ice..i.e. - how do you drive to stay safe, favorite snow tires or which ones you found work great....other than "slow driving" what kinds of tips can you give me for driving in snow/icey conditions b/c im about to head up to tahoe for some skiing and it might be storming...im inexperienced in this type of weather....
anything from anyone comments wise would be great...

but lets not steal the thread PM me with your thoughts THANKS!!!

-ky
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Nothing is more fun than chaining up all four tires for a blizzard. Forget skiing!! Do yourself a favor tho, and find a parking garage you can pull into for installation shelter...

Doug W.
Old February 14th, 2008, 11:24 PM
LenB
Len Bruffett

Registry
Kyle,

(How many do you have?....can I order a black one later (like week 1/2 or so) or is there limited amount going fast? cause i could buy now or maybe you can u put one on hold, cause I would follow through with purchase....need to wait for another paycheck so i have funds for my stomach which sometimes takes a backseat to "Blue" and his needs and constant sounds and vibrations which scare me...always putting money into that damn boy...anyways lemme know what you think or anything else you would like to add)

Don't worry about me running out, when your are ready to buy just contact me via email or PM - i make them per customer order - just give me a weeks turn around time. I am currently working in Palo Alto off 280 & page mill rd - so when you are ready you can just hop on the freeway and pick it up!

Old February 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM
aclarke
Andrew Clarke
1986 110 CSW 200tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Ariesblu
how does your 90 do in the snow and ice..i.e. - how do you drive to stay safe, favorite snow tires or which ones you found work great....other than "slow driving" what kinds of tips can you give me for driving in snow/icey conditions b/c im about to head up to tahoe for some skiing and it might be storming...im inexperienced in this type of weather....
anything from anyone comments wise would be great...
I'm not saying I'm "wise", but I do drive a lot in the snow here. I have a 110 which IMHO would be a lot easier to drive in the snow than a 90 due to the longer wheelbase. In the 90'd you'd need to be more concerned about maybe spinning around.

If you have mud terrain tyres you may find that they're not very good in slightly icy, slushy conditions. The blocky tires can sometimes tend to slide over slush and ice instead of digging through it to the road below. Once the snow gets deeper though (in the sorts of conditions where you should be pulling over and finding a comfy chalet anyway ) MTs would do better than ATs. I find that I basically drive the same speed in my 110 no matter whether it's a summer day or a blizzard ... mostly I suppose because I don't drive all that fast in the summer

Basically, don't tailgate, drive slowly, take your time, and don't pull too far off the edge of the road. It may LOOK like a wide shoulder, but it could be an 8' deep ditch full of snow, all nicely leveled off by the snowplough. I got caught by that one last winter, trying to get out of the way of an oncoming snowplough on a country road in my dad's Subaru. This winter I can't tell you the number of people I've seen stuck in the ditch from doing that.

Also, as I mentioned above, if you don't have one of these vent covers, brush all the snow off your vents before you start your engine.

- Andrew.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0397.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	12149   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000226.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	12150  

Old February 23rd, 2013, 10:38 AM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

Len-
Do you make a vent with a forward facing opening? I am more interested in increasing air flow.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleofbones
Len-
Do you make a vent with a forward facing opening? I am more interested in increasing air flow.
I am looking for a snow vent as well just like what is posted in the pics but after 5 years I'm not holding my breath.

Kinda of an old thread
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
When I last heard from Len (some months ago) he told me he told me he - sadly -stopped fabricating LR accessories and was very busy with totally different stuff...

Maybe he will start again in a future...
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
jcb-memphis
Jeff B.
None

I just got a part from Rovers North to do this...the curved one.

http://landroverparts.roversnorth.co...-INTAKE&key=it

Jeff

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
cover, wing