Where to buy crossmember WITH extentions?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
bar11
rob grentz
1994 defender 90

Where to buy crossmember WITH extentions??

I recently bought the rear crossmember with out the extentions but after further examination, assesment and advise from you guys here on the forum I think it would be best to use the one with the extentions but when IO called rovers north (where I bought the one I have ) they told me it's O.K. to return but the do not sell the one with the extentions?? So can some one steer me in the direction to find one?? It is for a 1994 defender 90 nas Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Contact Mike at manhattan europarts he got me one.
1 (484) 645-7917
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar11 View Post
I recently bought the rear crossmember with out the extentions but after further examination, assesment and advise from you guys here on the forum I think it would be best to use the one with the extentions but when IO called rovers north (where I bought the one I have ) they told me it's O.K. to return but the do not sell the one with the extentions?? So can some one steer me in the direction to find one?? It is for a 1994 defender 90 nas Thanks in advance
I ordered mine from the UK

Call Justin www.lucky8llc.com, he can get you one in less than a week
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Atlantic british I believe has them as well. If you are planning on having trevor do the repair, I would just let him source it.
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
what Ron said

( and Trevor did mine and if I am not mistaken the order went in Monday morning US time and arrived at Roverlab Thursday or Friday )
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Rob, can you share some pictures of the current condition of your frame rails where they meet the crossmember? Perhaps we can give you a better opinion having seen it. I have done a row 110 with extensions and a nas d90 without, and other than more work cleaning off the ends of the frame rails to fit the crossmember, it was not a bad experience going without. The nas frame has the cradle which will complicate matters unless you get a true nas replacement that includes the fuel cradle.
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
evilfij
evilfij

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Rob, can you share some pictures of the current condition of your frame rails where they meet the crossmember? Perhaps we can give you a better opinion having seen it. I have done a row 110 with extensions and a nas d90 without, and other than more work cleaning off the ends of the frame rails to fit the crossmember, it was not a bad experience going without. The nas frame has the cradle which will complicate matters unless you get a true nas replacement that includes the fuel cradle.
How did you weld the top of the frame without removing the body?
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
In my case I didn't. Not because there is not enough access - there is. I had a 1/4 gap along the top edge and it wasn't worth dealing with (I could have added plate). Less than 4" of weld there is not a problem given the probably 50+" of weld on the gussets on each side.

The gap can be blamed/explained by operator error. If I had made the proper cut along the top section there would have been no gap.
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:55 AM
evilfij
evilfij

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
In my case I didn't. Not because there is not enough access - there is. I had a 1/4 gap along the top edge and it wasn't worth dealing with (I could have added plate). Less than 4" of weld there is not a problem given the probably 50+" of weld on the gussets on each side.

The gap can be blamed/explained by operator error. If I had made the proper cut along the top section there would have been no gap.
I see. Having looked at both options, I determined that the extensions would be much easier to deal with.
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:38 PM
bar11
rob grentz
1994 defender 90

Thanks for the advice I will post some pics of the rusty beast
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:18 PM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
Hi there

I live in NJ(monmouth county) and I happen to have an unused rear crossmember with extensions that I ordered originally from Safari Rover. Apparently they don't make an NAS ready with extensions so it needs some mods. The shop I used ended up going a different route. Instead of dealing with shipping back to Florida, I'm sure there will be a need in the area. Here's a link to what it looks like. http://www.safarirover.com/rear-crossmember.html

Let me know if you're interested.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts