Warn 8274-50 Used - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old November 11th, 2006, 10:51 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Warn 8274-50 Used

Sale/Trade on hold for now. Going to see if we can install it using the write up in the Tech section:
http://www.defendersource.com/tech/8274.html
-------------------------------

Selling off a used Warn 8274-50 winch. Doesnt look new but worked well when I took it off my D90 last year. Needs new cable and remote. I will try to take a good picture of the actual winch tomorrow.

Loved by off-roaders who compete, Warns fastest winch. "No load" retrieval speed for the M8274-50 is 73.4 feet per minute. At 150 feet of 5/16" cable, it also has a very long line capacity. Its unique spur-gear drive train and upright design are totally rugged. Its braking system delivers smooth operation with superior heat dissipation. Roller fairlead included.

$600.00 - Would prefer local pickup since this thing weights a lot. Price does not include shipping costs if not sold locally and I have no idea yet what shipping costs might be to where ever you are. If interested, email me directly please. chrisvonc@d-90.com

Actually to simplify things, it would save some time and energy if I could find someone to straight trade it for a complete Warn XD9000 or Tabor 9K, or similar type remote solenoid pack winch, 9K or higher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8274-50_Line.gif
Views:	112
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	7362  
Attached Images

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 12th, 2006, 05:05 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I will come buy it if you can find the owner of that black D90 with bad engine for me. Be glad to buy the winch if I can a pick up a new truck for it.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

This was supposed to go into my truck yesterday but we couldn't fit it into the ARB without cutting up my grillwork.
Advertisement

Old November 12th, 2006, 09:21 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I thought she lived pretty close to Tony. Last time I was in that mess of a thread, wasn't she keeping it? Regardless, I'm pretty sure Tony knows where the truck is. I know where another truck is that needs more work though. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 12th, 2006, 10:17 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
I thought she lived pretty close to Tony. Last time I was in that mess of a thread, wasn't she keeping it? Regardless, I'm pretty sure Tony knows where the truck is. I know where another truck is that needs more work though. lol

You still got your fire truck?

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:42 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Yes, she is keeping it. If I bother her one more time I am probably looking at a retraning order.
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:10 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
You still got your fire truck?
Yup, still got it. Leaning more to try and move it as a whole again since I have no time for breaking it down at least until after the New Year.

Quote:
[/size]
Old November 13th, 2006, 11:21 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Actually to simplify things, it would save some time and energy if I could find someone to straight trade it (the 8274) for a complete Warn XD9000 or Tabor 9K, or similar type remote solenoid pack winch, 9K or higher.

Quote:
[/size]
Old November 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

man i wish i had the money, i'd be all over it... you could probably post it on pirate and sell it in a day...
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:15 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Sale/Trade on hold for now

Sale/Trade on hold for now. Going to see if we can install it using the write up in the Tech section:
http://www.defendersource.com/tech/8274.html

Quote:
[/size]
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:19 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Chris. I will trade strait up for my XD9000i.

Ron
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:22 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Would you consider an XP 9.5 with syn line?
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:42 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Thanks guys.. if we dont try the install, I'll be up for talking about one of those trades.

John, is the 9.5 a MOSFET, XP, or a Thermatic?

Quote:
[/size]
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:51 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Mine is an "i" so I now realize what you are doing and it will not work.

As far as the spacers just use 1/4in wall square tubing and you will be fine with the 8274 or better yet buy a bumper that is not a plow :-)
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:31 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

The replacement winch was not going in the ARB, its to go into the Rockware bumper on a 110 that the 8274 came off of before we installed the bumper on the 110. The 8274 was going to go into the ARB and the XD9000i coming out of the ARB was going to the 110. Problem was when we started measuring things, the 8274 didnt appear that it was going to go into the ARB without a lot of hassles.

Since the ARB owner didnt want to be without a winch since it didnt look like we were going to install the 8274, I decided just sell off or trade the 8274, for a winch that meet the needs for the setup on the 110.

And looking back, I made a mistake in my reply to John, what I wanted to type asking him which 9.5 he had, not his "I". So sorry for the confusion, I have corrected it now.

The "I" series winches that have the attached solenoid were not ideally what were were looking for (but could use them) specificly because of the attached solenoid, meant drilling a whole new set of mounting holes that we would not need to do with say an XD9000 that has the remote solenoid, or other similar type winch but if we get the 8274 mounted in the ARB, like I said we will already have an XD9000i on hand.

Quote:
[/size]
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
As far as the spacers just use 1/4in wall square tubing and you will be fine with the 8274 or better yet buy a bumper that is not a plow :-)
The ARB is a plow, that's for sure. I got it for that reason. After one front end collision and $9K in damages I wanted as much beef up there as I could get.

Chris, I'm ready to try to swap again when you are. I'll drop by the steel supplier this week and look for some square tubing to use as a spacer so we can try squeezing that 8274 into my ARB.
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:31 PM
evilfij
evilfij

If you are going to the steel supplier you mine as well get the correct alum. solid block
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
If you are going to the steel supplier you mine as well get the correct alum. solid block
That's what I meant. I don't need more things to rust on my truck.
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:52 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Tony, I'll have family in town starting Friday for all next weekend but might be able to sneak away for a little either Sat or Sunday, but then I leave for Philly for a week. Give me a call or shoot me a PM and we'll try to get a plan together if you want to try before I git outta Dodge.

Quote:
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts