Want to trade for 3* radius arms - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old June 11th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Gabriel_Laconi
Gabriel
1992 Rangge Rover

Want to trade for 3* radius arms

I bought a set of used RTE radius arms. I though they were 3*, but turns out they are 6. So now I would like to find someone who is in need of a set of 6* arms and has some 3* arms laying around to trade. I would rather not sell, but if it comes to that I might consider it...

Here is a picture of them installed on a RRC.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Roverchef
Jake K.
95 D90 SW

You realize you will get better steering with the 6 compared to the 3 as long as your pinion isn't pointing too far south.
Old June 11th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Gabriel_Laconi
Gabriel
1992 Rangge Rover

The whole front end started shacking after I installed them. The truck is only lifted 3" so I need to go with 3* arms...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Probably too much angle on the prop shaft with those arms
Old June 12th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Gabriel_Laconi
Gabriel
1992 Rangge Rover

OK. I talked to Simon at RTE, I decided to buy a new set of 3* arms and sell these.

Caster corrected arms for 5" lifts. $250 plus shipping. New poly bushings installed.
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:44 AM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
6* is good for almost any amount of lift over 2" . Your problem is not the 6deg arms.
You have other issues making your shaking or most likely death wobble .
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 13th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka rover View Post
6* is good for almost any amount of lift over 2" . Your problem is not the 6deg arms. You have other issues making your shaking or most likely death wobble .
It's not just 6 Degrees of correction though Ed. These arms are also longer, pushing the axle forward to compensate for the axle moving back when you install a 5-6" suspension lift. With a shorter lift, the 6 degree arm provides more than 6 degrees of correction because it is "swung" further up toward the chassis

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old June 13th, 2015, 01:55 PM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

The 6" arms are too much for anything shy of the Rovertym full 3" springs. I tried everything to get them to work on my 90 with emu springs and isolators and even with the wedges and disco tubes the perches were still rolled too far forward.

I have a couple of junk tubes and I meant to try cutting off the perches and adjusting the angles but I sold the 6" arms before I got the chance.
Old June 14th, 2015, 05:49 AM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Funny I have three trucks running these arms with OME springs with no problems .
Roland is one of the three .
But hey what do I know about making a lifted rover drive true ?
Guess I'll go back to the drawing board :-)
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

Old June 14th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Are you running double cardon shafts on those Eddie? Seems like the propshaft angle would be intense
Old June 14th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Funny I have three trucks running these arms with OME springs with no problems .
Roland is one of the three .
But hey what do I know about making a lifted rover drive true ?
Guess I'll go back to the drawing board :-)
I'm sold. Ed is the man!

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old June 14th, 2015, 11:30 AM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

Quote:
Funny I have three trucks running these arms with OME springs with no problems . Roland is one of the three . But hey what do I know about making a lifted rover drive true ? Guess I'll go back to the drawing board :-)
I couldn't get the springs sitting anywhere near level and the shocks seemed to be pushed too close to the front side of the tower on mine. I even got a set of the adjustable towers to mount the shock lower.

I am not an expert and I suspect something on my 90, be it frame, shock mount or the mounts on the tube is less than straight. The passenger side (RHD) spring seems to push out a wee bit so the shock isn't straight up and down.

All this going towards me saying trust aka rover and many of the other members more than anything I say. I only work on my vehicles so my experience is limited and a political philosophy degree wasted 4 years I could have spent learning the important stuff! Problem with be a self taught mechanic is you can't blame the teacher...
Old June 14th, 2015, 03:00 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Are you running double cardon shafts on those Eddie? Seems like the propshaft angle would be intense
i am running CVs on all the trucks I lift .

------ Follow up post added June 14th, 2015 11:06 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockShow View Post
I couldn't get the springs sitting anywhere near level and the shocks seemed to be pushed too close to the front side of the tower on mine. I even got a set of the adjustable towers to mount the shock lower. I am not an expert and I suspect something on my 90, be it frame, shock mount or the mounts on the tube is less than straight. The passenger side (RHD) spring seems to push out a wee bit so the shock isn't straight up and down. All this going towards me saying trust aka rover and many of the other members more than anything I say. I only work on my vehicles so my experience is limited and a political philosophy degree wasted 4 years I could have spent learning the important stuff! Problem with be a self taught mechanic is you can't blame the teacher...
I have not run into the arms being to long . but then again I call Bill up tell him what I'm doing for the lift and he builds them for me.

And on a side note I'm just giving you a hard time . I just always order 6deg because we always end up going to 35" and up tires around here.

Old June 14th, 2015, 09:09 PM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

Quote:
i am running CVs on all the trucks I lift . ------ Follow up post added June 14th, 2015 11:06 AM ------ I have not run into the arms being to long . but then again I call Bill up tell him what I'm doing for the lift and he builds them for me. And on a side note I'm just giving you a hard time . I just always order 6deg because we always end up going to 35" and up tires around here.
I don't take offense at all.

Most of what I know about rovers I learned from asking Bill stupid questions and the Internet. The rest I have taught myself which is dangerous.

My 5" RTE arms were prototypes so they might have been a little different than what went to production.

The 5" rear links seem to work fine.
Old June 17th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Cr4evr
Roland
1995 Defender 90 soft top

Ed is right, my D90 with 285/75-16's, OME springs and shocks and 6 degree arms handles beautifully, just about as well as my wife's supercharged Range Rover.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts