Used, good condition complete D90/D110 roll-up (Station Wagon) front/rear doors! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old July 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Used, good condition complete D90/D110 roll-up (Station Wagon) front/rear doors!

Used, good condition complete D90/D110 roll-up (Station Wagon) front doors and rear door w/defrost - FOR SALE

These are the front and rear doors Iíve had on my 97 D90SW for the past five years or so, painted Portofino Red. (I recently replaced them with a set of the newer-style Td5 doors.)

The door internals, glass, trim, etc. are from my original 97 doors, and I ordered these door frames/skins from Paddock-Spares in the UK in 2007. They were then painted and reassembled by a custom paint and restoration shop in Jacksonville, FL when my whole truck was refinished. (They also had just redone Ted Turnerís 110 when I brought mine in.)

All three are in excellent used condition, and could be used as is, or touched up if the buyer so desires.

FRONT DOORS - The only negative of note is some under-paint corrosion just below the windows on the front doors, which is hard to show in the photos. The paint has not flaked off, and the corrosion hasnít come through after more than three years of it being like this. After talking with a pro paint guy here in VA, he believes that the primer coat (which was on the doors when purchased from Paddocks and not redone by the shop in FL) wasnít 100% when manufactured, and later allowed for some lifting in that area. The paint continues to stick to the area in question, I can only assume is due to an excellent flex additive in the paint! I elected to just have a set of new-takeoff doors I already had painted to match instead of having these repaired.

In any case, the doors are dent-free and otherwise look great as can be seen in the photos.

The front doors include the stock interior gray door cards and plastic trim, excellent condition door glass and door hardware, and can either be used with the stock window winders or you can use the aftermarket power window motors currently installed in them. (Yes, they have power windows!) They also come with newer exterior door handles and lock cores, along with a key, and you can have the matching painted set of the newer corrosion-resistant hinges and some used hinge bolts as part of the deal.

Iíll provide a wiring diagram to assist you in making the power windows work for you if you plan to use them, but youíll need to supply the rocker switches, relay, wiring, etc. not included here. (Can be sourced form a host of places for less than $25-30.) This power window kit uses the original window regulators, leaving all but the winder handles in place. If you choose not to use the power windows, the power kit can be easily removed and the winder handles reinstalled. Iíve had the power window kit in these doors for more than four years without issue, and they work great. They come as shown in the photos, and do not include front speakers, grills or speaker adapter foam things, but are set up for speakers and still have the captive nuts in the trim panels.

REAR DOOR - The rear door is also straight and in good condition, with just some paint having chipped off where the hinges were attached and some standard holes from the swing-away tire carrier I had mounted. The rear door does not come with hinges or rear wiper, but does include the stock 97SW gray interior trim panel, plastic trim for the normal components, functional defrost glass and a hole in order to mount a rear wiper as shown.

Iím asking $850 PLUS shipping for the front door pair, and $250 PLUS shipping for the rear one. (Paypal OK if sent as a ďgiftĒ)

Local buyer and pickup is highly preferred, and I can work with a local(ish) buyer to coordinate meet-up/delivery as my schedule allows over the next few weeks if the buyer picks up the cost of gas. If I need to ship them, I'll assist with packing and drop-off at buyer expense.

Iíve already checked out of my last squadron, and Iím now on leave for a few weeks, so I'm reasonably free to assist the buyer. My movers, however, show up and start packing my place for the move to RI on July 20th and cart away my stuff on the 23rd. My goal is to have these sold to a new home and picked up/gone before the movers show up.

At this point, I donít want to split up the doors and/or parts, beyond selling the front door set to one person and the rear to another. If you buy front and rear, you get a deal!

Thanks for your interest.
Murph
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RtO1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	54063   Click image for larger version

Name:	RtO2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	54064  

Name:	RtO3.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	54065   Click image for larger version

Name:	RtI1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	54066  

Name:	LtO1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	54067   Click image for larger version

Name:	LtO2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	54068  

Name:	LtI1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	54069   Click image for larger version

Name:	RrO1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	54070  

Name:	RrO2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	54071   Click image for larger version

Name:	RrI1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	54072  

Name:	RrI2.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	54073  
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
D90s sold while assigned overseas. You're welcome America!
'06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
'8X FankenRover D100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
PM Sent.
Old July 10th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Hey, where did you buy your TD5 doors?

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2012, 08:46 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Ian - PM sent back to you!

Neil - The two Td5 front door sets I bought were purchased from a guy who advertises on here and Ebay occasionally. (Forgot his name, Sorry) He had/has a connection with the outfit in AL that up-armors new 110s for US and foreign government use overseas. (They've been discussed here before.) Those doors were new take-off when armored doors went on. He bought them from those guys for resale. I'm pretty sure they're also where a lot of the RN, Safari, etc. NTO doors came from a year or two ago.

I got the rear door from Jonathan (Wolf Fab) earlier in the year. He had a new frame that he wasn't going to use that had shipping damage at the bottom. I had it fixed and painted with one of my front door sets, and ordered the glass, trim, etc from the UK.

Murph
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:21 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloBubba View Post
Those doors were new take-off when armored doors went on. He bought them from those guys for resale. I'm pretty sure they're also where a lot of the RN, Safari, etc. NTO doors came from a year or two ago.
yep. good guess.

I seriously want those front doors. If I hadn't just bought front SW doors I'd be all over these. I don't know why I'm even asking this, but you're not going to be driving by NYC with these right? Theoretically speaking.
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:38 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
interested in the rear door, any idea what shipping would be to NY 11705?
thanks
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Ian is looking into freight costs west, too.

Funny enough for both Tom and Josh: I already moved my car up north a few weeks ago while I was in Newport doing househunting, and on the way up I delivered the 94ST doors I sold to their new home on the NJ shore. Yes, D90 doors delivered in the back seat of an M3.

Next week (the 17th) I'll be driving my ST north from VA to RI, followed by the final move (in the SW) around the 25th. I could certainly figure out a way to meet someone along the way on the 17th. I was going to bypass the city (I got stuck in it last time) by going the Tappanzee route around back to I-95, but nothing says I have to. If I get someone who'll commit to buying them and will pay for them before I drive them all the way up there, bringing them with me is an option. (The 25th trip will be a full load already with welding gear, HAZMAT, etc. that the movers can't take, so that's probably not going to work.)

As I mentioned to Ian, I expect shipping one or more of these will probably require palletizing at the least and shipping via freight carrier, but I can help defray costs somewhat by dropping them at a feright forwarder/depot in VA Beach/Norfok/Chesapeake. (That's how I got both sets of Td5 front doors.)

Murph
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:44 PM
BeauReichert
Beau Reichert
94, defender 90

PM sent, Thanks
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:45 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Just an FYI if you're driving the ST up north with the top off. These SW doors fit perfectly in the back, upright, between the alpine bow and C pillar with a packing blanket or two taped around them. Ask me how I know. haha. I love the tweeter in place of the crank arm. Great use of space.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
BeauReichert
Beau Reichert
94, defender 90

I will buy all three. Thanks,
Beau
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:59 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

I was thinking I could remove the bench seat pivot mounts, wrap them in shipping blankets, and then put all three in diagionally. (That's how they fit in my SW, but I may be in for a dissappointing surprise!)

It does look like a tweeter, doesn't it, but it's actually the little hole plug thing that came with the kit. On the back side there is a round fluted bung-thing, and then the cap pushes through and is held in place after the panels are hung. Tweeter is a good idea, though.

On the kit I put on the Td5 doors, it's a slightly different approach, with the kit's hole plugs installed and screwed in place from the back before the panels are installed.

------ Follow up post added July 10th, 2012 11:01 PM ------

We have a lick, I think! I sent you a PM back, Beau.

We just need to confirm pickup/shipping before you send me a bunch of dough. I appreciate you trying to pay for them immediately, though.
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:23 PM
BeauReichert
Beau Reichert
94, defender 90

reply sent, Thanks Beau
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:13 AM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloBubba View Post
We have a lick, I think! I sent you a PM back, Beau.

We just need to confirm pickup/shipping before you send me a bunch of dough. I appreciate you trying to pay for them immediately, though.
Chris,

I thought I had already effectively 'licked' them? I PMíd you for a price and shipping info? Agreed the price was OK and asked for a day or so to work out the shipping as it was after COB and I needed to wait until tomorrow to talk to people?

Understand you want these gone but I really thought I was working with you and had them Ďon holdí while I worked through the mechanics of how to move them?

I had every intention of purchasing them as long as the packaging and shipping costs were not exorbitant. Isnít the Ďlickedí grace period intended to allow us to work out those things when an immediate shipping option/price is not available?

Sorry if I misunderstood. I will get the shipping price tomorrow as I said and if its OK then hopefully the doors are still available.

Thx

Ian
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:13 AM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
If Ian wants just the fronts, I may be able to meetup on the 17th, would have to be in the Afternoon.
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Good morning, guys.

I apologize, Ian. I thought you were working out shipping costs before verifying that you were in. I've always seen people post a "licked" note on the thread when they'd committed. I should have asked for better clarification. Beau had left his post, along with having a plan in place and his dough banging on the door last night. Sorry for the confusion and let-down.

Sold. Thanks, Beau, and thanks for all the interest everyone.
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
110, 90, d110, d90, door, rear door