Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 1st, 2016, 03:36 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234

Registry
trade consideration: LHD lower dash

I am going in a different direction regarding my interior and entertaining a trade. My lower dash has a cutout where the center dash/clock/cig lighter was at (required for previous iron goat console) and has a MUDUK console on it now. For someone interested in the muduk console setup, I would do an even trade of my lower dash w muduk console for an uncut lower dash. I have a replacement blank muduk to go with it for your own customization.

PM me if interested. Just LHD lower dash heater duct (MUC1703 or MTC2827). not wiper motor cover or any other bits.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2016, 07:47 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
I would for sure, unfortunately, shipping would kill the deal as I am in Canada... Geez am I tired of this!!!

Glwtt
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2016, 08:42 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234

Registry
pic of said cut

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160201_204236.png
Views:	119
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	141050

Old February 1st, 2016, 08:47 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234

Registry
couple points for anyone looking to add a MudUK console install. This cut, while not necessary to install the MUD UK console, is necessary if you intend to install something of depth in the main face of the console. An example is a double din stereo. I had a 7" monitor in my console, but am going to be switching to a double din nav system, and decided to install it, my ham radio and some other items in an overhead console. Hence reason for switching, so as to gain back the parcel tray with no vent obstructions.

If you are interested in maximizing a console install, and looking at a single or double din on the main horizontal face, then you may want the cut. then this trade would make sense to you.

Old February 1st, 2016, 08:59 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
...am going to be switching to a double din nav system, and decided to install it, my ham radio and some other items in an overhead console.
Sounds interesting - I'd like to see that
Old July 19th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234

Registry
bump. anyone? I finally have my truck back and proceeding on my dash revamp.

Old July 19th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Question regarding the Muduk bracket.... how much airflow does it restrict? Is it that noticeable?

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old July 19th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 95 RRC

Mark, you can pull your dash and weld in a backing plate foam and reupholstered it. Sounds like a lot of work but I can convert rhd dashes in an afternoon and typically costs less then $150 with a nice leather hide being the bulk of it typically around $80 or so. Other things you will need is contact adhesive, metal plate, foam backing.... If you want to make a weekend trip I'd be happy to spend an afternoon helping you do it.
Old July 19th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Question regarding the Muduk bracket.... how much airflow does it restrict? Is it that noticeable?

I can take a pic that clearly demonstrates it. will post later this week.

------ Follow up post added July 19th, 2016 09:46 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
Mark, you can pull your dash and weld in a backing plate foam and reupholstered it. Sounds like a lot of work but I can convert rhd dashes in an afternoon and typically costs less then $150 with a nice leather hide being the bulk of it typically around $80 or so. Other things you will need is contact adhesive, metal plate, foam backing.... If you want to make a weekend trip I'd be happy to spend an afternoon helping you do it.
Thanks Brian. I was seriously giving consideration to doing just that. that only catch is it's my daily driver and I have AC, so pulling the lower dash is problematic without figuring out how to keep my ac in place. I'll try solving for that.

Bill (former owner of RTE) is my welding hookup locally. I can have him to the backing plate weld for me easy-breezy. I also have the correct vinyl cover watched in ebay for the recover. What I don't have is the correct shape for the backing plate to be welded in.

do you happen to have an uncut dash that you can make a paper template for me of the center piece, so I can have Bill cut it correctly prior to welding in?

Old July 19th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
I can take a pic that clearly demonstrates it. will post later this week.
Oh , I have the bracket. It is pretty large. Just wondered if you could feel a nitceable restriction of airflow in the cab?

Quote:
I can convert rhd dashes in an afternoon and typically costs less then $150 with a nice leather hide being the bulk of it typically around $80 or so. Other things you will need is contact adhesive, metal plate, foam backing.... If you want to make a weekend trip I'd be happy to spend an afternoon helping you do it.
So.... is this a worthwhile endeavor Brian?
I happen to have a lower RHD sitting in my basement collecting dust at the moment...

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old July 19th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234

Registry
Quote:
I may just ship mine to you and have you do it asap. want to knock this out while I'm still building my console.

Old July 19th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 95 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
So.... is this a worthwhile endeavor Brian? I happen to have a lower RHD sitting in my basement collecting dust at the moment... .
All depends on what you want, if you want to spend a little time it's pretty easy to do. I like the leather hide bc it's nicer then the vinyl in my opinion. Clean new lower dashes can cost up to $1500... The lower dash presentation is all the same, it's just the internals that need to be worked with...
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
dash, lhd