Tornado Chip For Sale - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old October 17th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Tornado Chip For Sale

I have a Tornado chip for sale. Bought this about 4 years ago when I upgraded to the 5 liter TVR-modified Rover engine. I have recently replaced it with a programmable chip. The chip just came out of a 14CUX ECU.

Tornado units sell for $1200USD now at Tornado Systems: http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/V8Perf...34Q2ec0Q2em322

Also see RPI, the site says $600USD: http://www.v8engines.com/carbs-2.htm

This is an older unit. It produces lots of power, and has the rev and speed limits removed. I asked RPI to build it for the 5 liter, but I don't know that they just took it off the shelf. Per RPI's advice, I replaced the 14CU with a 14CUX out of a 95 Disco so that the chip could be inserted instead of soldered.

Post installation, there was a bug that I couldn't solve -- and that I still don't know is attributable to the chip -- stumbling before engine warms up. (My mechanic did a lot of work to get the truck smooth besides the re-chipping.)

$250.00 shipped. I don't want it back so be sure you want it!! I will guarantee it will run your truck and give you more power. But I won't guarantee this is for you or that you won't have issues getting everything smooth.

DW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 17th, 2009, 10:04 PM
cdb
Clark Bowen
1969 Series 2a/OM617 Bugeye 88"

sent PM
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:08 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
How are you doing Doug?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Hi Kelly!

I've been better -- July 1st diagnosis of stomach cancer put me on a strange new path. I've learned a lot, been through a lot, but think I'm winning the battle. Just back from 5 weeks in a German clinic: www.leonardisklinik.de. Time will tell, but I'm optimistic of an eventual full cure.

The cancer killed my most ambitious adventure project to date. I had entered the Archipelago Raid www.archipelagoraid.com and commissioned a new cutting-edge Hobie Wildcat in Kiel, Germany just for the race. I recruited a teammate from Kiel who is a three-time Hobie Tiger champion of Germany. We were ready to go, but the cancer's sneak attack accelerated, and just before the Raid I had to back out. We are planning on entering next year if my treatment is successful by then.

Started a new company -- www.w4.com. It's flying! :D (f you watch the 'Day 3 and 4' video of the Raid, you'll see the 'W4' Wildcat at minute 4:18. I asked my German teammate to race her anyway, so he recruited crew to replace me, at the last minute, with no time for training. Unfortunately, they blew out the sails on Day 5 and DNF'd.)

Hope you are doing well. And I hope to be back on the trails with SCLR soon! How's family? And how's Houston? :P I'll never forget our epic Mt. Whitney summit at 3AM!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheers,

DW
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:44 AM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Hi Kelly!

I've been better -- July 1st diagnosis of stomach cancer put me on a strange new path. I've learned a lot, been through a lot, but think I'm winning the battle. Just back from 5 weeks in a German clinic: www.leonardisklinik.de. Time will tell, but I'm optimistic of an eventual full cure.

The cancer killed my most ambitious adventure project to date. I had entered the Archipelago Raid www.archipelagoraid.com and commissioned a new cutting-edge Hobie Wildcat in Kiel, Germany just for the race. I recruited a teammate from Kiel who is a three-time Hobie Tiger champion of Germany. We were ready to go, but the cancer's sneak attack accelerated, and just before the Raid I had to back out. We are planning on entering next year if my treatment is successful by then.

Started a new company -- www.w4.com. It's flying! :D (f you watch the 'Day 3 and 4' video of the Raid, you'll see the 'W4' Wildcat at minute 4:18. I asked my German teammate to race her anyway, so he recruited crew to replace me, at the last minute, with no time for training. Unfortunately, they blew out the sails on Day 5 and DNF'd.)

Hope you are doing well. And I hope to be back on the trails with SCLR soon! How's family? And how's Houston? :P I'll never forget our epic Mt. Whitney summit at 3AM!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheers,

DW

Doug,

So sorry to hear of your set back, you can be sure I will be praying for you and a full remission. I think back about our Whitney epic often, I have that picture hanging on my wall in my office at home.

Huston is doing well, we both have promoted to captain since our climb and life is busy. Huston has two young boys, one of them suffers from seizures and it weighs heavily on Huston and his wife.

My family is doing great, we traveled a bunch this Summer Hawaii and lots of camping and climbing.

I am keeping you in my prayers Doug.

Kevin
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Shit Doug! Sorry to hear of the cancer! Keep your head up & fight!
On the Sailing thing I can hook you up with Johnny Lovell or Charlie Ogletree. Buds from way back..
http://www.t-squaredracing.com/
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Hey Peter,

I'm determined to join the ranks of 'cancer survivor'. Appreciate your thoughts!

Let me get my health back but appreciate the offer to hook up with the T-Squared team! W4 raced without me in the Raid. Video is here, our entry has some good coverage at minute 4:18: http://www.archipelagoraid.com/vmsfi...Three&Four.mov

Cheers,

DW
Old October 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

I have seen lots of video of that race it freeking WILD! I watched it a while back of Sailing Anarchy..
[Your link does not load]
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Oops -- Click on 'day three and four' 4:18 minutes in...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts