TD5 complete engine kit w/R380 and all parts for conversion $5500 obo - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM
ZombieMotors
Zak Mosieur
1987 Defender 110/300tdi

TD5 complete engine kit w/R380 and all parts for conversion $5500 obo

I just received a shipment of engines, and I will have one or two I am going to sell. This is a TD5 Disco 2 kit with everything for a manual transmission swap at the same time. All ECUS, harnesses, engine, rad, intercooler, fuel pump, ignition switch with key, all you need. Had under 100K on it and running great when pulled and shipped to me. $5500 or near offer. Message me here, or better yet direct, with any questions @ zombiemotors@earthlink.net This is the best (and only?) way to get your Discovery 2 to be dieselized and still be legal/EPA compliant. All proper Disco 2 parts will make the conversion easier for you than any other option out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 07:36 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Lol at EPA compliant.
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:37 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieMotors View Post
I just received a shipment of engines, and I will have one or two I am going to sell. This is a TD5 Disco 2 kit with everything for a manual transmission swap at the same time. All ECUS, harnesses, engine, rad, intercooler, fuel pump, ignition switch with key, all you need. Had under 100K on it and running great when pulled and shipped to me. $5500 or near offer. Message me here, or better yet direct, with any questions @ zombiemotors@earthlink.net This is the best (and only?) way to get your Discovery 2 to be dieselized and still be legal/EPA compliant. All proper Disco 2 parts will make the conversion easier for you than any other option out there.
I have an 03 D2. Can you go into greater detail about the EPA and legal aspect of this conversion?
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 08:00 PM
ZombieMotors
Zak Mosieur
1987 Defender 110/300tdi

Actually, no I can't. If you would like to message me directly that would be nice, or do your own due diligence, but I was not trying to start yet another pissing contest between who knows more about what the EPA rules are and who doesn't (lol?), and maybe have some abusive and non-productive comments thrown in as well. This is intended to be a 'For Sale' ad - If you are not interested in buying an engine kit how about moving on to the next ad? If you *are* interested do some research, YOURSELF, and do not consider the comments and opinions and rumors thrown about on this bulletin board as the law etched in stone, or even accurate. Or, if you have a question you would like *me* to answer, message me. Thank you.
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:02 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
To my knowledge, there were no Diesel Discos sold here in the US so I too would like to know how a US truck sold new here after 95 with a gas engine can be legally converted to run a non-federalized diesel engine such as this one? Or in fact how any truck in private hands and titled and driven here in the US can legally have a TD5 fitted?

OK, I will PM you.

I should point out I HAVE done quite a bit of research myself, including asking the EPA direct questions such as this one. But I am always willing to learn something new.
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:43 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Ill trade you a low mileage 4.2 and ZF still hooked together for that Td5
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:35 PM
ZombieMotors
Zak Mosieur
1987 Defender 110/300tdi

EDIT! EDIT!: This engine is NOT in any way EPA legal, my mistake. So what I have here is a 5-speed manual transmission attached to a 700-pound 5-cylinder paperweight that was removed from a 2002 Discovery 2, and if you were to attach all the wires and hoses to it, it runs on diesel fuel. Ill trade it to you for for fifty-five one hundred dollar bills.
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:35 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Sorry to give you a hard time. Good luck with the sale. With all the DII out there with blown V8 motors this should sell quickly.
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:38 AM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieMotors View Post
EDIT! EDIT!: This engine is NOT in any way EPA legal, my mistake. So what I have here is a 5-speed manual transmission attached to a 700-pound 5-cylinder paperweight that was removed from a 2002 Discovery 2, and if you were to attach all the wires and hoses to it, it runs on diesel fuel. Ill trade it to you for for fifty-five one hundred dollar bills.
Someone needs a little nappy nap.
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Lol at EPA compliant.
"For Export use only" and "Use in non road going vehicles only" come to mind.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
conversion, engine, kit, parts, td5