survival safety backpack - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old June 25th, 2012, 01:59 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

survival safety backpack

Here is the ultimate survival safety backpack, I used to take my shildren out to some pretty remote places and as such wanted to make sure that if something happened their safety was paramount..this backpack has everything in it you are supposed to need when the zombies take over...wellat least for 3 days...it has 12 bags of drinking water emergency food rations, emergency radio, first aid kits, emergency blankets, multi purpose tool etc etc...take a look on google at safetycross backpack...this is the ultimate bug out bag, I think its complete..I dont recall ever using anything out of it.....Lets say $30 plus shipping..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	june 20 079.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	53428   Click image for larger version

Name:	june 20 080.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	53429  

Name:	june 20 078.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	53430   Click image for larger version

Name:	june 20 077.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	53431  

Name:	june 20 076.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	53432   Click image for larger version

Name:	june 20 075.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	53433  

Name:	june 20 074.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	53434  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Thats a good deal...it's worth twice that on the retail market. Good luck with the sale.
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:54 AM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

licked, PM me a shipping quote to 11980 please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

Second in line
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahaas View Post
I am getting a on-line quote from USPS for about $25 to that zip..I guess the backpack is about 20-25 lbs..
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
kullberg
Keven

Registry
Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I am getting a on-line quote from USPS for about $25 to that zip..I guess the backpack is about 20-25 lbs..
Check out FED-X it's often 60% or so less than USPS or UPS
you said 30.00? for the kit? I'll take one 85331
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

sold...
Old June 26th, 2012, 12:13 PM
msggunny
Richard
08 D3, 04 D2, 77 SIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahaas View Post
What the hell are you licking? A toad?

Is there a market for these things? Just curious as you can make your own that will be much more effective.
Old June 27th, 2012, 09:52 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

I doubt you could make it with all the stuff in this for anything less than 4 times the cost of this one.. Since it sold in a couple of hours and have had multiple requests for it , and you have so much spare time on your hands maybe you could go into business making and selling these...unless of course you are just another blowhard forum troll..!!!
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

you can make these for about the same, but you'd do better to buy bulk from places like thereadystore.com. In the begining I just bought a couple of pre assembled em pack. The contents liquids and food stuff only have a shelf life of 5 years or so, but that depends on the enviroment its stored in. I now make my own and customize them for the bug out activity.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
kullberg
Keven

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
you can make these for about the same, but you'd do better to buy bulk from places like thereadystore.com. In the begining I just bought a couple of pre assembled em pack. The contents liquids and food stuff only have a shelf life of 5 years or so, but that depends on the enviroment its stored in. I now make my own and customize them for the bug out activity.
Thanks Mr Larson
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:09 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Appears to be some pent-up interest in this zombie survival pack. Amazon prime has it for $44 shipped.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:12 PM
kullberg
Keven

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Appears to be some pent-up interest in this zombie survival pack. Amazon prime has it for $44 shipped.

Thanks Russell
Old June 28th, 2012, 08:10 AM
msggunny
Richard
08 D3, 04 D2, 77 SIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I doubt you could make it with all the stuff in this for anything less than 4 times the cost of this one.. Since it sold in a couple of hours and have had multiple requests for it , and you have so much spare time on your hands maybe you could go into business making and selling these...unless of course you are just another blowhard forum troll..!!!
Just curious as there are a lot of similar products out there and I have not seen that companies wares yet

Not bashing your thread or the product, although it was a "low blow" with the toad licking comment. That whole "licked" thing seems stupid to me.

But, since we are on the subject it seems rather dumb to have packets of "emergency drinking water" when you could just have a collapsable container and some iodine tablets and iodine taste removal tabs. Or even better a UV pen. Body needs a lot of water to survive, and those little packets will only last a few min in a real survival situation. But i am assuming most people were aware of that.
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

I agree on the water thing but the iodine tablets etc are great...as long as you have water available.. I had the backpack as a safety precaution..as mentioned I often had my children with me and it was better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it..It was just a simple way of having most emergency items in one quick easy to grab bag, there is alot of stuff in there I may not have put in there but there is stuff in there I may have forgotten to put in my own.. there was a couple of night glow sticks..and emergency radio, thermal blankets, water and food, first aid instructions, signalling mirror,bandages, i think matches etc...the list of items was fairly extensive... the problem with most emergency situations is that you never know when its going to be needed or what is needed...this kind of back pack reduces the percentage of things you aren't prepared for..sure, some people say its ridiculous and they could do better but you have to remember, this backpack is designed with the absolute novice in mind, the family who has never driven across country, the father whose young daughter may be taking a road trip, or even the good samaritan who may come across an accident site and wants to be able to at least provide some assistance, all it has to do is help ONE person out and it makes it worth 10 tmes the price...maybe save a life and its priceless.... I would take a gamble on never needing anything out of it for alot more than the asking price.. The only reason I am selling it on is that on our impending trip we have put together a more serious trauma kit as my wife is a vet (aren't we all pretty much constructed the same..??.. I know I have been accused of being a mongrel dog before..LOL..).. My apologies for jumping down someones throat on this subject but its just that you can't "ridicule" someone for spending $50 on something to at least make you a little less unprepared...if your daughter was hurt in an accident and someone found her and happened to have ONE thing in this bag that helped her out...wouldn't you be glad he had it... I know I would..

RANT OVER...
Old June 28th, 2012, 10:47 AM
kullberg
Keven

Registry
I agree with most of what shayne is saying, there is a thing called:
"The Three Threes" when you are in a Survival situation you need to:
# 1 find shelter, #2 find water, and #3 find food. in that order.

#1 You can die from exposure in 3 hours.
#2 You can die from dehydration in 3 days.
#3 You can die from starvation in 3 weeks.

I live in Arizona where it gets Hot! yesterday it was 112 degrees in the shade.
I carry a small light weight sleeping bag and I always have a small Bic lighter in my front pocket and I don't smoke, this is for my Shelter. Water, all of my vehicles look like a plastic recycling plant from all of the empty, half empty and full water bottles.
I also carry a gun or two for protection of my family and for food.
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by msggunny View Post
That whole "licked" thing seems stupid to me.
Clearly you were an only child and never had to lick cookies to keep a sibling from eating them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM
triple9music
Chad Davis
1984 Defender 90

Registry
Shayne, great rant and Keven reminds us that you always need some sort of preparation for emergencies. I live in hurricane alley so we always have some water, canned goods and tent/sleeping bag in every vehicle as well as packed up for quick leaves. Been since 89 since we had a direct hit, but I spent that one on the side of I-26 in a JEEP no less while my house collided with the house in front of it and my roomates car was rolled 1/2 a mile into the marsh. Wasn't prepared for that one, but I'll never let that happen again. The unpreparedness OR the jeep!!!!
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM
msggunny
Richard
08 D3, 04 D2, 77 SIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Clearly you were an only child and never had to lick cookies to keep a sibling from eating them.
Nope, just the oldest and biggest.
Old June 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple9music View Post
Shayne, great rant and Keven reminds us that you always need some sort of preparation for emergencies. I live in hurricane alley so we always have some water, canned goods and tent/sleeping bag in every vehicle as well as packed up for quick leaves. Been since 89 since we had a direct hit, but I spent that one on the side of I-26 in a JEEP no less while my house collided with the house in front of it and my roomates car was rolled 1/2 a mile into the marsh. Wasn't prepared for that one, but I'll never let that happen again. The unpreparedness OR the jeep!!!!
I remember Hugo well and learned that cash is KING. No power (it was down for a week) = no Visa, no ATM, no gas pumps, etc..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ac