Storage Crate for Fiberglass Top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old October 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

Storage Crate for Fiberglass Top

Since I've had no takers on my fiberglass top... I'm thinking about designing and building a crate to securely store it. My thoughts so far would include something that can stand upright, completely enclosed with padded braces to prohibit movement. If I make one, I might as well do more if anyone is interested.

Oh, and if anyone wants to buy the somebitch and save me the trouble, let me know.
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montgo1715
Since I've had no takers on my fiberglass top... I'm thinking about designing and building a crate to securely store it. My thoughts so far would include something that can stand upright, completely enclosed with padded braces to prohibit movement. If I make one, I might as well do more if anyone is interested.

Oh, and if anyone wants to buy the somebitch and save me the trouble, let me know.
I'd be interested in a storage crate.
Old November 1st, 2008, 05:58 PM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

Great. I'll keep you posted. Are you in a rush?
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
hartman
Edward Hartman
1997 D-90

I store my hard top on a platform I made, that I can raise and lower. It's an option for short term storage.

Cheers
Old November 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

Thanks, was wondering about something like that. Does it sit on the platform fully assembled? If so, any issues with maintaining structural integrity during install?
Old November 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

You can't take it on and off fully assembled. In fact, it pretty much has to be completely disassembled to put on and off. It is not like one on a jeep.

Ron
Old November 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
What Ron said - You CANNOT put it on and off fully assembled. When I used to store mine, I made a sling for it between the two walls of my garage and just laid it across the ropes. It keeps it shape best if you buy a used 1994 defender to put it on during the summer months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
It keeps it shape best if you buy a used 1994 defender to put it on during the summer months.
nice, i'm going to have to look into that plan
Old November 2nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

I'm aware, but was curious if there was more to the platform concept than just a place to lay the top panel...

Was your suggestion a knock on the 94, Jimbo?

If Chris Laws doesn't come up with the parts I need soon, (hear that Chris?) I'll be forced to install it and deprive some lucky guy of ownership of the aforementioned hard top...
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Not a dig, but rather a shameless plug for the 94 that I have for sale, #1729.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montgo1715
Great. I'll keep you posted. Are you in a rush?
Nope. No rush.

But I'd like to see it the one you build for yourself before making any firm commitment.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
fiber, fiberglass, fiberglass top, glass