Stainless oil cooler line repair kits - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

Stainless oil cooler line repair kits

New and improved oil cooler line replacements. These hoses offer true 1/2" ID for no flow reduction, teflon inner tubing, heavy duty stainless steel sheathing for great abrasion resistance, and compression fittings for ease of installation.

While they are not inexpensive, these are likely to be the last oil cooler lines your D90, DI or RRC will ever need.

They are also available for direct connection to the radiator if your radiator has threaded fittings.

Price is $175 shipped CONUS. They are available with even more protection with a clear vinyl sleeve available for $25 additional. Please allow 3-5 days for fabrication.

PTSchram.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resizedcooler.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	29030  
Advertisement

Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

In response to a suggestion from a member here, I'll be investigating cost and availability of adding additional heat-resistant sleeving to the lines.

I'll post up when I have pricing.

Also, FWIW, as these set-ups use the existing steel tubing, I can make them in any length, configuration or size. It has been my experience that it is the rubber hose that fails, rather than the tubing, hence I see no need to replace those components.

For those who do not demand the stainless braided lines, I also offer a similar set-up using 1/2" ID hydraulic line (available in black, blue, and yellow;-) and hose barbed compression fittings for stupid simple trail repairs should you have a hose fail on the trail. the cost in this configuration is $65 delivered CONUS, via USPS.

Provisions for direct plumbing of oil pressure/temp sensors is available also at additional cost.

I have been running the prototypes on several of my trucks for many years. They are one of the few places where these trucks don't leak! (well, to be honest, I have pretty much sealed up my engines, but it sounds good:-)
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:46 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

This does not look like a CB alternative, LOL .. Serious it looks like a good alternative
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2010, 05:17 PM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

I finally have pricing for them with the heat resistant sleeving. Adding the heat sleeve will add $40 to the price.

I also have a lower priced set-up that uses hose barbs and hydraulic hose (low pressure) for $63 shipped CONUS (this price will increase soon as my costs have increased dramatically of recent). IMO, this is the better route as it allows for easy field repairs should you rip a hose off while wheeling.

PT
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Frank84
Frank Battersby
95 D90

Just got the hose barb variety ones from PT in the mail today for my Classic - both oil and trans cooler ones. Thanks PT!
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank84 View Post
Just got the hose barb variety ones from PT in the mail today for my Classic - both oil and trans cooler ones. Thanks PT!
Did you get enough hose?

Thanx, let me know if you need anything else.
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Frank84
Frank Battersby
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSchram View Post
Did you get enough hose?

Thanx, let me know if you need anything else.

I think that should be enough hose! Thanks!
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:57 PM
landy
Marcus Gersbach
1997 D90 Soft Top

Are these the same lines used by ECR?
Old July 20th, 2010, 02:09 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by landy View Post
Are these the same lines used by ECR?
We make our lines in house from Russell Performance AN fittings and hose. The ones shown are different. Not saying that is a good or a bad thing (that is up to the customer), just different styles of doing the same repair/upgrade.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old July 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

No, they are not the same, mine are made by a professional hose/fitting supplier who among others, supply products to the US military, in fact, these hoses are made in the same shop where "Shahid's Belt" simulators are made for training our soldiers to deal with suicide bombs.

I don't make such parts in house, I farm it out to the pros.

That said, I do make the hose barb fittings in house as I have not been able to find a supplier for them in the configuration that I need them.

Also, I don't know that ECR provides as many varieties as I do. I can't tell, they won't do business with me.
Old July 20th, 2010, 06:38 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

Does the dirty laundry really help your ad?
Old July 20th, 2010, 06:40 PM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrvrs View Post
Does the dirty laundry really help your ad?
Did your comment?

I merely stated that mine are not made in house, but by a professional hose supplier. the fact that my money isn't good enough for ECR is merely a curiosity.
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:09 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Also, I don't know that ECR provides as many varieties as I do. I can't tell, they won't do business with me.
??????
So you call once for a used radio, that we are out of, and suddenly we "won't do business with" you?????

Its called being out of stock, not "won't do business" with. Sheesh.

As soon as we do some more stereo installs you can buy all the radios , although I am sure there are plenty of used take out stock radios here on the forum.

Old July 20th, 2010, 07:11 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

PT, I find innuendo and curiosity a bit overrated when one is trying to hawk their wares, that's it.
Old July 20th, 2010, 07:16 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
I don't make such parts in house, I farm it out to the pros.
We don't farm it out because we are the pros.

Sorry, just had too... since you want to bust my balls.
Lighten up man.

Old July 21st, 2010, 09:12 AM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

Mike:
I was referring to the Salisburys I tried to buy from you for more than two years and was finally accused of trying to steal.
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:16 AM
landy
Marcus Gersbach
1997 D90 Soft Top

I asked Holly at ECR if they would ship me a replacement set for my 97 ST twice and she explained that they did not do mail order on these kits. She did suggest I ship my car to them ?? Where is the engineering logic??
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:33 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Mike:
I was referring to the Salisburys I tried to buy from you for more than two years and was finally accused of trying to steal.
?????
I do not recall any of that, sorry.
Just asked Carey and the guys and none of us know what you are talking about, sorry.

I only know 2 things about you.
- Carey told me you wanted some axles, but with those parts being at the other shop and all we just never got around to digging those old axles out to get hem down here. He asked me a number of times, but it just never came to pass, but we never really sold them to you or took any of your money. I was just told that you wanted some if we could dig them out (and we never did and it dropped there IMO).
- Holly told me you called for a used radio, but you called too late the good used units we had were all snapped up by then. She asked me to look for one, I did and couldn't find one. Last good one I had had to go to a customer that bought one that had "issues" so we just sent him another unit (the last good one) to make it right.

That is all I know or recall about you, sorry.

We did have a Salisbury axle mess where a customer bought one and we put it on a palate and they sent a truck to pick it up. Then the trucking company tried to bill us for the shipping even though the customer arranged and was supposed to pay for shipping. We gave the customers name to the trucking company and they went after him, but he was gone... but if I recall that was a guy with a Russian sounding name. Thats the only Salisbury thing I know of that could be considered "theft" and it really wasn't even that... it was just a mess.

Sorry, I really just have no idea what you are talking about.
Seems to have pissed you off pretty good though... sorry I don't know anything about it on this end.

Sorry about that dude. Have a better day.

------ Follow up post added July 21st, 2010 09:38 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by landy View Post
I asked Holly at ECR if they would ship me a replacement set for my 97 ST twice and she explained that they did not do mail order on these kits. She did suggest I ship my car to them ?? Where is the engineering logic??
Engineering logic on not selling parts?? Not sure a choice not to offer something mail order is an engineering thing.

At times when parts are back ordered, or the shop is slammed with work we don't have time to do mail order. Consider the customer patiently waiting for his 90 to be done. If you were that guy would you want us taking time off your project in order to fill mail order orders? You wouldn't. So at times when we are in the thrash to get a truck done by a deadline we will not take mail order orders.

Now maybe if we can teach Holly to make the lines herself orders can be filled better.

It is no secret to anyone that knows our shop that our focus and fun is working on truck, not putting parts in a box. Its all over the web site and all.
There are tons of places that make oil cooler lines (this guy, Trailhead, etc etc etc). so it really shouldn't be a big deal when we can't ship lines.

Old July 21st, 2010, 09:48 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
PT

I need enough to completely re-do my trans cooler lines on the TDI Disco, think you got me covered?
Old July 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM
PTSchram
P. T. Schram
Down to only six!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
?????

Sorry about that dude. Have a better day.

------ Follow up post added July 21st, 2010 09:38 AM ------

Apology accepted!

Let's get back to selling parts.

I keep getting requests for additional options. For an additional $75, I can offer the hose barb fittings with an integral oil pressure gauge. 0-60 PSI, glycerine filled.

------ Follow up post added July 21st, 2010 01:30 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by crown14 View Post
PT

I need enough to completely re-do my trans cooler lines on the TDI Disco, think you got me covered?
If they are the same length as those for the ZF, I can do it, let me get a quotation on having them made. With the stainless lines, the short one that snakes around the frame to the front cooler can be a bear. that said, I'll make sure that this piece is sheated as the inner fender liner is amazingly good at cutting cooler lines. I cut the inner fencer back quite a bit on my '95 to make sure I wouldn't have a recurrence.

It'll be a few days, I have to go into Mount Pilate to get them made.

You reminded me, I need to measure the 300 oil cooler lines for another gentleman.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
kit