Stainless Bolt Kits for 90s and 110s - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old February 25th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Keep in mind, reg. steel that isn't galvanized is going to react the same way, so there isn't really a reason not to use stainless unless you are going galvanized. Most importantly, you have to consider the fact that you are never going to completely eliminate galvanic corrosion in a defender unless you dismantle absolutely everything (including separating the door frames from the skins, seat boxes, etc) and galvanize all the steel before reassembling it.
Advertisement

Old February 25th, 2008, 11:42 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I've got a good sense of humor guys, and a high pain threshold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 26th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Muscat
Mark B
2002 90 wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
In oman, I doubt you get enough moisture to make stainless react with alum.
Chuckle, chuckle... You should have been here in June '07 when the cyclone hit. Both my Disco 1's were sitting in flood water, with the water inside the cars above the dash level, for about 10 hours....

Seriously, though. I am building this vehicle as a keeper - it will be coming back to Europe with me at some point, hence the SS.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Bump
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Come on guys, help a College Student stay hydrated!

How about $125 for the D90 sets and $165 for the D110 kit?

I need to get rid of these, and they really are a great deal. They will fit everything correctly and they include several things that the AB and RN ones don't like the kit for the spare tire carriers and the rear cross member to tub kit. I installed this on my 110 and couldn't have been happier with the fit and finish!
Old March 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Come on guys, help a College Student stay hydrated!

How about $125 for the D90 sets and $165 for the D110 kit?

I need to get rid of these, and they really are a great deal. They will fit everything correctly and they include several things that the AB and RN ones don't like the kit for the spare tire carriers and the rear cross member to tub kit. I installed this on my 110 and couldn't have been happier with the fit and finish!
Okay Andrew, I already have a Stainless bolt kit from JimC's group buy awhile back, but I think you are going to have a hard time playing on people's sympathy about being a college student in need of funds when you are driving a 110...

Old March 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
LOL. But you can help him stay hydrated - recommend he switches to tap water and drink frequently.
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
I think you are going to have a hard time playing on people's sympathy about being a college student in need of funds when you are driving a 110...
Thats precisely why I need to get rid of these. I like to think of the 110 as being similar to a boat...A hole into which one throws money! Well, I guess I'll have to throw them back on Ebay then, its just a much bigger PITA.
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

PM sent
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Yeah Andrew - I think I've done a pretty good job of saturating the market here, I've done more than 50 kits, and a guy named Sam did about 20-25 a while back. I might do more someday once I can get a better system going and I can afford to sit on unsold kits for a while - after yours are all gone of course! It would just be good if there were always some on hand in case people need them.

Old March 10th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Yeah, I had a feeling most of the guys here already had them, but there are always new members joining who just purchased trucks. I started with Ebay and sold several sets, then thought I would discount them on here rather than relisting them.

For those still interested, they are also on Ebay right now for a little higher price, so if you would like them please let me know and paypal the $$ asap so I can remove them from Ebay. I don't want to have more sold than I have because it takes some time to put them together and I will be leaving town in a week and a half.
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Alright, it looks like just the 110 kit is left right now.

Thank you D90 Source!
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Anyone? Still have 1 D110 kit left.
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

All gone...Thanks D90 Source!

Lower Navigation