ST Tire Carrie 2 jerry W/High Lift Jack - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 18th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
ST Tire Carrie 2 jerry W/High Lift Jack

O.k. so I decided to clean up the prior posts and repost.

This carrier uses the stock upper and lower hinge mounts from a ST and also will use the swing away bar from a ST and come in a semi gloss black powder coat. It holds a spare, two gas cans or cooler and a highlift jack. This is an ad for the next round (#3)and the design has changed a little bit (in round 2) - such as a built in bottle opener and added holes into the jerry can holder.

Also you don't have to use the carrier in a "swingaway with the door" configuration such as a Safari Guard carrier but rather the carrier can remained unattached from the rear door and latched to the rear crossmember mount.

So what does the kit include - Full kit will be:
1 rear tire carrier

3 new nuts for aftermarket wheels or early RR classic nuts to hold the spare on to the tire carrier

1 upper rear mount with 1 shoulder bolt and nut and 4 SS bolts, nuts and washer to mount to upper capping

1 lower rear mount with 1 shoulder bolt and nut and bolt 2 tub bolts and nuts and SS long bolt through the crossmember.

1 cross member mount and 2 bolts, nuts and washers

1 latch for the cross member mount and SS hardware (4 bolts and washer)

2 stainless steel wingnuts, washers and lockwasher for the highlift jack

Preliminary pricing is $750 plus shipping and this may change based on demand. Run of 10 is typical. Shipping CONUS.

Please remember these are sold as is. These are made by a professional fab shop that does a ton of racing Toyota stuff and are extremely sturdy and they now have all the jigs made to ensure consistency in production. Does NOT come with a strap for the jerry cans or whatever else you decide to put on the tray.

Pictures are of one of the carriers on my truck ST and a fellow board members NAS 110. For my truck, I am using the small swing away arm to move the carrier away from the door when open.

This will fit either a ST or a HT NAS 90 or 110 NAS. They will fit an ROW trucks IF YOU ARE WILLING to add a brake and running light to the lower part of your corner capping similar to a 95 or 97 NAS 90 or if you do not have a upper corner running light as the tire will obstruct this light from vehicles behind you.

It will also clear the ladder on many of the ST/HT roof racks.

I may considering delivering and helping with the install if you are in the greater San Diego, OC or L.A. area.

Please PM if you are interested. I will start taking orders when the shop is ready to build them which will also require a deposit.

Many have asked regarding a redesign for the ROW trucks. This is not in the works as you will loose Jerry can space and the shop does not have the time to redesign. The easiest and safest route is to add a lower light such as the one pictured.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	install 9.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	62912   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear corner light.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	62913  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ST tire car1.jpg