Old May 5th, 2004, 12:00 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Should I sell my chassis?

Hi All-
I'm currently building up a 2.8 TGV chassis to swap my d90 body onto - this will leave me with a complete, functioning (albeit high mileage) NAS v8 chassis with engine, tranny, t-case, axles, steering box, wiring, and computers.

I'm trying to gauge whether or not i should sell the assembly to recoup some of my costs, or keep it around for spares or a future project.

If the general opinion is that its basically worthless I'll just keep it, if there is a demand out there I'll probably sell it.

I dont plan on having it broken down until the fall, but I thought I'd float the idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2004, 12:36 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Up to you. If you have the space, keep it. I am sure you could build up something that we would all drool over. All it takes is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:31 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Axles are worth little as is the frame itself, T-cases fetch decent money, trans--depends on miles and condition. High mileage 3.9, not much but wiring ecu some good money there.

Depending on where you are $$$$ wise I would be interested in basically everything from the trans forward--including wiring ancilaries etc.

Ron

Ron
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2004, 09:52 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm going to be pretty reasonable $$$$ wise, I'm not trying to get rich off of used rover parts. I'll give you a heads up when the truck is torn down and you can make me a fair offer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old May 5th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

I might be interested as well.
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:17 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Off topic but Joe, shoot me an email, I have been trying to get a hold of you.

Jim, that is what I did. I sold the chassis for about $450, t-case $400... I still have the axles and trans but I might use them in a series project very shortly.
Old May 6th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

Randy,

Sent you a PM.
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:51 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

I am interested in the frame..

Keith
www.rovertracks.com

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:27 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Thanks for the input everyone - but here's a question- does anyone know if the extra mounting points for the NAS bumper/skid plate/gas tank are available separately so that I can modify my 300 chassis, or do i need to fabricate?

There, now I've hijacked my own thread...

Old May 6th, 2004, 06:02 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Did you buy the new frame already? does it have the brackets for the rear NAS fuel tank?
Old May 8th, 2004, 12:18 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Yeah, got the a galv'd 300tdi chassis from George, it only has the side tank mounts. I want to run dual tanks, so that means attaching the NAS tank somehow.

Old May 8th, 2004, 08:05 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I would contact designa chassis in the UK. they prob can send you the mounts. thats really the only difference other then having to install the mounting holes on the frame rails for the cage mounts where the underbody bar goes across.
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:18 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Jim, are you 100% on using the 300 tdi frame? You can buy the mounts for the 2.8 that will fit it to the V8 frame. That will allow you to keep the NAS tank, and add either the spec. 300 tdi gas tank or get the kit for the aluminum tanks from Rover Accessories (which is what I'm doing). This kit also allows you to keep the space in your seat box.
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:12 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm 100% sure partially because the 300 chassis is already in my garage, and also because I dont want to decommission my rover for many months while I collect parts and build up the chassis. I'm doing a lot of work to the chassis/driveline in the process so its not so much an engine swap as it is an overhaul/refit. I'll get in touch with Designa and see what they can supply.

On another note, I'm currently making a list of all the Totally Stainless part numbers to put high strength stainless fasteners in the suspension and chassis. If anyone wants the list, I'm more than happy to provide it.

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:59 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Hmm, I didn't think you could get any higher than grade 5 in stainless. As opposed to grade 8 in other.

I would highly recommend getting the stainless brake pipes from ECR. They are a sweet all inclusive kit, that fits perfectly on the first try. I just put them in mine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts