Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old July 12th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Arrow Series II 88 rolling chassis with Land Cruiser axles

For sale is a Series 2 rolling chassis. I believe it is a 1962. The frame is in mint condition, it's completely rust free. The only modifications to the frame are the engine mounts for a 200tdi, seat belt anchors, two bolt on roll bar attachments, and a small repair on the left side of the rear crossmember, from damage at some point. The origional paint was stripped and primed/painted with rustoleum. I planned to have the frame powder coated but I've changed directions on my project. A more permanent paint/coating can be chosen by the new owner if desired. I had my truck built on this roller, and drove it for a few months/less than 1500 miles. Here are the basics:

-1978 Land Cruiser FJ40 axles. These have the later fine spline pinions, front 4 piston disc brakes, rear drum brakes, 4.10 gearing, and 27 spline axle shafts. They are slightly wider than series axles. These axles are much stronger than any land rover axle, and can be reliably run with 33"+ tires. Parts are cheap and readily available. When combined with longfield axles you can run as large of a tire as you would ever want on a series. Includes a complete knuckle rebuild kit (not installed)
-Custom heavy duty drag link to mate series pitman arm to fj40 tie rod. This uses 1 ton chevy tie rods (like new) with a custom taper on the land rover pitman arm and fj40 tie rod. The FJ40 tie rods were also recently replaced. Also includes complete steering box/relay/steering shaft and steering wheel, and bulkhead mounting brackets.
-Custom rear drive shaft to mate series transfer to standard 4 bolt toyota pinion flange. I only had the rear shaft made, never got around to having the front done up, but any competent driveline shop can help with this, included is a stock series front driveshaft
-All new brake lines, including an inline proportioning valve for the rear drum brakes. Use with a stock series master cylinder. All fittings (besides the two at the master cylinder) are standard metric M10 fittings with double flares. Front calipers are new/rebuilt units, about 6 months old. Almost new front brake pads, and brand new vented rotors in the box. The brake lines need some guides and a little tweaking in a few spots for a cleaner look, but are fully functional.
-Front parabolic springs (less than 1 year old) and origional rear leafs. Needs shocks.
-Series 3 transmission and transfer case. From ~1980 S3. Not sure how many miles, but everything works/shifts great. Good input shaft, no grinding synchros, no jumping out of gear. Transfer hi/lo and diff lock work perfect.
-Tires are not included, but the wheels can be if desired. I can try to find some rollers for transporting.
-Includes a tub from the same year, this is in OK shape with some damage to the left quarter panel, rear left panel, but is otherwise straight and in good shape.

I tried to include as much info as possible as this is a unique setup, but can be a good start to a very cool series. If anyone would like more information, pictures, or to come take a look at it, feel free to let me know. Located in Carmel Valley, CA. I can help deliver it within a reasonable distance, contact for more details. Asking $2400. No title is included with the sale, but the serial number is still visible on the front chassis horn. The new owner can look into obtaining a title for it, but only a bill of sale will be included. Thanks,
Mack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3864.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	40211   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3467-2.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	40212  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2010.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	40213   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2326.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	40214  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
Bump. If anyone was interested in just the chassis only, let me know.
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:48 PM
Albersj51
jason
1967 2a

Ill take your 200tdi

I'd like the axles, but shipping to SC would probably be cost provocative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
The 200tdi will go in my next truck. This is now sold, thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
axle, series