Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old July 29th, 2013, 08:52 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Scotty's adapter kit on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-S...8498f5&vxp=mtr

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2015, 01:31 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Sold.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

Old June 1st, 2015, 04:10 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

This is hilarious -
This kit does NOT:
come with detailed step by step instructions (if you need them, then you need to find a competent mechanic as we don't teach basic mechanics 101

Haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2015, 04:26 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

If you had experienced the goofy questions I get from inexperienced people you would post the same type of warning.

Had a guy actually call asking which side of the adapter went to the engine and which side went to the transmission.
I remember this because the guy started screaming at me when I told him he needed to figure that out on his own.

Old June 1st, 2015, 04:29 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
If you had experienced the goofy questions I get from inexperienced people you would post the same type of warning.

Had a guy actually call asking which side of the adapter went to the engine and which side went to the transmission.
I remember this because the guy started screaming at me when I told him he needed to figure that out on his own.
haha, that's fantastic.
Old June 1st, 2015, 04:42 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
haha, that's fantastic.
I shipped a complete GM engine conversion to a guy somewhere out west.
Taped to the valve cover was a note saying:
White wire Ignition
White with red starter solenoid.

The guy called and said the engine would not start.
I asked if he hooked the (+) battery cable to the starter and had the engine grounded.
He said no.
I said good by.
He called back.
Turns over but won't start.
I asked did you hook up the fuel line.
He said no.
I said "don't call back and tell me the engine is bad because it runs poorly on some gas that's been in the fuel tank for years and has just filled the carb up with trash so it will never run properly!".
He called back saying the engine ran fine off a new can of gas that he dropped a new fuel line into.
Then he asked me what to do about the old fuel tank.
I told him a new engine requires a new fuel tank with new gasoline.
It's been over 15 years and the guy still calls at least once a year asking me questions that he should know the answer to.

Old June 1st, 2015, 04:55 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Robert- the batteries are dead in that military fridge- do I need to change them? What size are they? Can you drop by to assist? Well, then could you just pick up some batteries and bring them when you come to replace them???

Conversely, I do have a Marks adaptor for SBC to ZF auto if anyone has need... And I am sure Robert will walk you through the install!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 1st, 2015, 05:06 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Robert- the batteries are dead in that military fridge- do I need to change them? What size are they? Can you drop by to assist? Well, then could you just pick up some batteries and bring them when you come to replace them???

Conversely, I do have a Marks adaptor for SBC to ZF auto if anyone has need... And I am sure Robert will walk you through the install!!
Now that has me laughing!

Adapter has been sold.

Old June 1st, 2015, 10:03 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
I had a customer really pissed at me because he walked out to his rig that I just mounted new BFGs on and the letters weren't all at the top of the wheel . Mind you he wanted white letters out !
When I laughed and said that's a good one he really got mad .

I tried to explain that every time he turns it will change , he got in his rig and sped off .
And he was an engineer for the state .
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 1st, 2015, 10:15 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
When I got my first ExMod 90 and I was trying to figure out what to do with that lump of shit 2.5na in it I saw an ad on Ebay for the om617 conversion kit and I remember thinking after reading the disclaimer that that guy must be a pretty funny sumbitch. Little did I know.
Old June 1st, 2015, 11:53 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
When I got my first ExMod 90 and I was trying to figure out what to do with that lump of shit 2.5na in it I saw an ad on Ebay for the om617 conversion kit and I remember thinking after reading the disclaimer that that guy must be a pretty funny sumbitch. Little did I know.
Had to put all that extra disclaimer in there because I was getting about 10 emails a day asking if the OM617 kit would fit a Disco or RR Classic.
Nowhere in the listing did it mention Disco or RR Classic, but people kept asking.
Then after I put the disclaimer in they still kept asking...
So would answer by telling them the answer they seek is in the ad listing.
Then would get messages asking why it wouldn't fit.
Finally I just took the ad down.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:33 AM
RANGEROVERSURFER
Tony
95/Range Rover Classic

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka rover View Post
I had a customer really pissed at me because he walked out to his rig that I just mounted new BFGs on and the letters weren't all at the top of the wheel . Mind you he wanted white letters out !

I tried to explain that every time he turns it will change , he got in his rig and sped off .

ED, I would have suggested a stencil and then putting BFG etc...all over the tire...SO EVERYONE would know HE has BFG's
1990 RRC SWB Mettalic Blue
Old June 2nd, 2015, 07:38 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Adapter has been sold.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 07:48 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Had to put all that extra disclaimer in there because I was getting about 10 emails a day asking if the OM617 kit would fit a Disco or RR Classic.
Nowhere in the listing did it mention Disco or RR Classic, but people kept asking.
Then after I put the disclaimer in they still kept asking...
So would answer by telling them the answer they seek is in the ad listing.
Then would get messages asking why it wouldn't fit.
Finally I just took the ad down.
So can it fit in an RRC or what? Quit dancing around and answer the damn question

------ Follow up post added June 2nd, 2015 07:52 AM ------

Quote:

Fear not. When he said engineer, he means on the Kiddy Express

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old June 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
So can it fit in an RRC or what? Quit dancing around and answer the damn question
This disclaimer stated that the kit would fit a Defender style vehicle only and DID NOT (in caps) fit a Disco or RR Classic or any other vehicles, but did mention that there was also a kit of the Series IIA & III (1963 - 1983).`

Then after adding the disclaimer, people started asking why it wouldn't fit.

You just can win when you deal with positive thinking nonconformists...
If you don't believe me, just ask Will.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 09:50 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
This disclaimer stated that the kit would fit a Defender style vehicle only and DID NOT (in caps) fit a Disco or RR Classic or any other vehicles, but did mention that there was also a kit of the Series IIA & III (1963 - 1983).`

Then after adding the disclaimer, people started asking why it wouldn't fit.

You just can win when you deal with positive thinking nonconformists...
If you don't believe me, just ask Will.
How about a LR3?

Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:18 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
How about a LR3?
Ha ha ha.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:28 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
I just would have said that he didn't specify that when he made the order. Making them all at the top was a $10 labor charge. If he paid me the $10 I would jack each wheel up, rotate the tyre until the lettering was at the top of the wheel & let it down.

I would explain that there was no warranty on the work since the tyres rotate when the vehicle is in motion and if he makes a mistake as to how he parks the vehicle the letters would no longer be at the top. So if he came back to complain I would tell him it was caused by driver error when parking and offer to fix it for him again for another $10.

Makes me glad I don't sell parts or vehicles.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:22 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
How about a LR3?

Glad to see you still alive

Old June 2nd, 2015, 01:03 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Adapter has been sold.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ebay, kit