Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old September 15th, 2016, 01:39 PM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
Roving-Potty: Rover Leak Catching Device

Earlier this year I was working on back to back fluid leak issues with Janey; first, a transmission input seal leak and later a rear main seal leak. While I was tinkering with her and wondering why almost every Land Rover I have ever owned has leaked from these same areas, Janey spoke to me - out loud - like she was standing right next me! She said: A ROVER OIL LEAK CATCHING DEVICE, BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME. Probably unrelated, but perhaps worth mentioning, my neighbor had been over earlier with some gallon Heady Topper growlers which we were forced to finish against our will and better judgment due to multiple cap closing malfunctions. Anyway, he seems to remember my wife leaning out of a window in my house and yelling: if you dont get that damn Land Rover to stop leaking all over our driveway Im going to call the EPA! But I am sure my memory of events is the accurate one and that it was Janey speaking to me since that is clearly the more plausible explanation.

It goes without saying that you dont argue with a talking vehicle especially if its Janey. So she and I have been building prototypes and testing materials for months now. Once we perfected the design we went on to build a website / sales platform. The end result: The Roving-Potty can be seen at rovingpotty
You can see a description of design, review F.A.Q.s, watch an installation and use video, or place an order on the website. I will post a partial copy of the homepage below but please check out the real website if you have the time.

You can PM or e-mail me as well if you are interested / want more info. These are $23.95 plus $3.50 to ship in the US ($10.50 to Canada & $14.50 to Europe) if First Class package mail is ok with you (more $ for Priority). These really work great for keeping that drip that comes out of your wading plug hole from spreading out all over roads, trails and your parking spot! The environment, your significant other and your neighbors will really appreciate the difference.

rovingpotty if you want to check it out but partial home page attached here:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rovingpottyhome.pdf (367.4 KB, 69 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2016, 11:02 AM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
After getting some feedback I should have listed this short description & photos before the marginally true origin story. Apparently I should have also mentioned that Janey is a Defender not a person.

SHORT STORY (read this first if you have not read the first post):
These catch and store leaks from the rear main seal, transmission input seal, cross seals, core plugs, clutch slave cylinder, etc. Shown below installed on a vehicle with an LT95 transmission but these will fit just about any Rover with a manual transmission and some automatics. Stores the leaks so you can discard someplace other than on your driveway or on the road.
More info at this link: rovingpotty $27.50 delivered anywhere in the U.S. Send a P.M. or e-mail if interested
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	closeup9-7.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	157716   Click image for larger version

Name:	closeup3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	157717  

Name:	Install 90 degree.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	157718  
Old September 16th, 2016, 11:33 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Add a little hot wax to deposit, change nozzles and use as a undercarriage waxoyl spray protectant ;-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Ignotus
gene
1960 109, w/200TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Add a little hot wax to deposit, change nozzles and use as a undercarriage waxoyl spray protectant ;-)
Heck with that, add a recirculating pump and put it back in the system......
Blog;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:39 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
1991 D90 SW

Registry
Added to my Christmas list. I can imagine my fiance now. "You want to put a potty in the back of your truck?!?!"
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:45 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

I need to find those growlers...
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:47 PM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
Heck with that, add a recirculating pump and put it back in the system......
Have to admit that I have filtered it and put it back in the engine on mine. I had just done an oil change and knew it was coming from a rear main seal leak. Yankee frugality at its best. I told myself that it's always better to reuse than recycle but really I couldn't part with good oil I had just paid for a few weeks before
Old September 16th, 2016, 03:42 PM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
One other thing I should have mentioned: once this is installed you can't see it at all unless you are down on one knee by your front tire and looking for it - it is above the chassis. If you want to see a "walk around" of a truck with one installed go to the installation video on the website and fast forward to 3:06.
Old September 16th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Shep29
Keith
86' D110

Registry
Luckily my garage came with a Land Rover litter box. And interestingly my house is an English Tudor style home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1471897971.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	494.2 KB
ID:	157737  
Old September 17th, 2016, 08:22 AM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep29 View Post
Luckily my garage came with a Land Rover litter box. And interestingly my house is an English Tudor style home.
A Rover ready garage - that is brilliant!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
vin