Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

Rovers North Stainless Steel Roof Rack & Ladder

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/beaumont...ey=2Gw__ujXUoI

I could use some help on the price that this should be offered at. I believe, after looking at the RN catalog, that they are selling this particular stainless steel rack and ladder combo for $1595.00 plus shipping but not 100% sure.

Here's the link to their racks at RN: http://www.roversnorth.com/store/pc-...oof-racks.aspx

I'm willing to sell at a fair discount off of their retail, say $1200 plus shipping for everything. I'm not sure how i would ship it at this point, but am willing to explore the option with the buyer. Perhaps the buyer can schedule freight pick or i can drop off at ups.
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2008, 10:53 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

John,

Most people would look to about 50-60 percent of retail on a used item. So, I would guess somewhere around 800ish.

I have one too, that I would like to sell to replace with a Safety Devices one.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Old May 27th, 2008, 11:14 AM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

Good point, Scott.

Well, for those interested i'll lower the price to $957 (60% of List) for now and we'll see where that goes for a while. That's a $638 savings off of the Rovers North Retail Price and a discount of 40% off List.

I'll take some more pics shortly after i get it off of the truck and hopefully there are some folks interested!
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

bump.. .still available. any offers or interested parties? i'm motivated to sell this beautiful rack. price lowered to $850.00 USD + shipping.
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:01 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Here is the sales pitch for it, since I have one too... The new buyer can Powder coat it Black and it will look much better. It is very structurely sound and is customizable.

The rack can be put on and taken off in about 10 mins. Does not require any any holes to be drilled into the truck. Stores easily and will not rust. Hang a few bike hooks from the ceiling in your garage and you can use it quickly and easily.

It is not a SD rack, but it makes life easy and has the classic LR look from England.

Someone buy the rack!

Old June 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90
Here is the sales pitch for it, since I have one too... The new buyer can Powder coat it Black and it will look much better. It is very structurely sound and is customizable.

The rack can be put on and taken off in about 10 mins. Does not require any any holes to be drilled into the truck. Stores easily and will not rust. Hang a few bike hooks from the ceiling in your garage and you can use it quickly and easily.

It is not a SD rack, but it makes life easy and has the classic LR look from England.

Someone buy the rack!
that is a fantastic sales pitch and if i didn't already have one i would buy that right away!

here are some additional features and benefits for these two amazing and brilliant rovers north roof racks & ladders:
~ literally half the price of a brand new rovers north rack and ladder, but nearly new condition!
~ customize them by adding lighting, shovel/axe/pick and jack mounts!
~ mount your roof top tent to the rack!

these racks are going to go fast, jump on them now!
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

Bump.... i'm lowering the price for this rack and ladder to $750. Really would love to move it, any interest?
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

I'm planning on putting this on ebay shortly, any interest before i do?
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:28 PM
ecmgbob
Robert (Bob) Mills
97 D-90 SW

Tallest1:

I am a buyer at $750.00 plus shipping. Will it arrive with all the necessary mounting brackets so I can drive it away from the shipping point (my office) Thank your friends and their sales pitches, I was not hugely interested until one of them mentioned it can be powder coated!

Let me know if you want Paypal or if I should send a check and you can ship once it clears. For freight, I can give you my UPS account number and you can bill to me.
Old June 18th, 2008, 08:05 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Where is my commission??? :-)

Old June 19th, 2008, 09:24 AM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmgbob
Tallest1:

I am a buyer at $750.00 plus shipping. Will it arrive with all the necessary mounting brackets so I can drive it away from the shipping point (my office) Thank your friends and their sales pitches, I was not hugely interested until one of them mentioned it can be powder coated!

Let me know if you want Paypal or if I should send a check and you can ship once it clears. For freight, I can give you my UPS account number and you can bill to me.
thanks ecmgbob:

check would be great so i can avoid the paypal commission if possible. ups # for freight works as well. i'm betting that they can probably pick up at my house. otherwise i can bring it to the local hub if neccessary. yes, all hardware is included and you can just pop it on and go.

hit me at jjderosa@gmail.com or 646.919.0085 and i can provide you with mailing address for the check.

thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90
Where is my commission??? :-)
it's coming right up as soon as the deal is closed!
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:37 AM
RBees
Robert Bees
1994 D90 #8

Would this rack fit a 94 ST ? It looks like the RN description says so, but do you need additional hardware to make that happen ??
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:07 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBees
Would this rack fit a 94 ST ? It looks like the RN description says so, but do you need additional hardware to make that happen ??
I would say that you would need some additional hardware if it's a soft top. I'm not sure what tho. This rack mounts to my gutters and to the roll bar in the front. i would imagine that you have the roll bar but not the gutters.

Perhaps throw this question out on Misc Chit Chat and might get some more answers.
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
RN made the worst looking rear ladder assembly ever devised for a NAS soft top, so even if this was compatible with that ladder, you're better off looking elsewhere. This rack is better suited for a wagon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 20th, 2008, 10:13 AM
RBees
Robert Bees
1994 D90 #8

That's pretty unequivocal. Thanks, Jim !
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmgbob
Tallest1:

ecmgbob:

Replied to your post and emailed you, haven't heard back. You still want the Rack?

Thx,
John
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
ecmgbob
Robert (Bob) Mills
97 D-90 SW

can you resend the email, I never received it. addy is bob.mills@theecmg.com

Thanks
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

sure thing, just sent
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:12 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

this rack is back up for sale, original buyer ended up backing out as he sold his defender.

http://picasaweb.google.com/beaumont...y=2Gw__ujXUoI#

great rack, great price! $750 + shipping.
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Just an FYI, since it came up, the leg lengths are different for ST and SW type racks, since the roll cage heights are different between the styles.

I have the full length ST rack, adapted to fit my SW, and I actually like it quite a lot. I can't wait to get my cappings done, swap the top panel to the non-sunroof style, powdercoat the rack, and get it all back together.

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
ac, rack, roof, roof rack