1986 ex mod 110

Registry
Sign me up- let me know how to get you the payment
Old June 17th, 2015, 10:10 AM
arcteryx33
Patrick
2014 RR Evoque

How to purchase?

Would love to order one. Please send instructions. Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2015, 10:38 AM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

One hitch each to Don, Patrick and Andy.
Old June 17th, 2015, 01:03 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Hi Jack, I'll order one today. I have all your info and will send Paypal payment.
Old June 17th, 2015, 08:50 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Payment received from Don, Andy and Scott.

Your hitches will ship shortly. PM me for UPS tracking info if you like.

Waiting for payment from Patrick and Rob.
Old June 18th, 2015, 10:29 AM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Payment received from Patrick.

Five hitches remaining.
Old June 18th, 2015, 04:31 PM
toad
Cutter
None

Payment Sent
Old June 19th, 2015, 10:45 AM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Payment received from Rob.

Your hitch will ship shortly. PM me for UPS tracking info if you like.
Old June 29th, 2015, 04:45 PM
arcteryx33
Patrick
2014 RR Evoque

PM Sent

Thanks for your help!
Old September 8th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Diventus
Di Ventus
1986 UK Defender 90

One please

i would like to place an order for one to fir Dixon Bate tow bar

Thank you!
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:38 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diventus View Post
i would like to place an order for one to fir Dixon Bate tow bar

Thank you!

Please paypal $220 to borregobandito@yahoo.com at your convenience and be sure to include your shipping address.

Thank you.
Old September 13th, 2015, 01:45 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

One hitch to Matt. Payment received.

Old September 14th, 2015, 01:17 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

One hitch to Michael. Payment received.

Old November 29th, 2015, 11:37 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

One hitch to Mike. Payment received.

Your hitch will ship tomorrow. PM me for UPS tracking info if you like.
Old February 7th, 2016, 07:56 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Finally go around to installing this - sort of. Removed the pintle mount since it was preventing the hitch from mounting flush. With the help of my youngest daughter, we mounted the top two bolts first - was able to do so without dropping the tank. These are beefy bolts and required a little coercing into the crossmember holes. But so far, so good.

At first glance, it appeared four holes all aligned quite well; we did the top bolts first so they would be out of the way when we were ready for the bottom two bolts. When we moved to the bottom two bolts, the alignment wasn't quite right. Not surprising since nothing is easy with our truck (1986 ROW 110).

It was cold for us Floridians, and the game was about to start, so we called it a night. It looks awesome and feels unbelievable solid with only two bolts. Will have to reach back up behind the cross member to loosen the monster bolts (that should be fun), and discount double check the alignment. Or, just drill the holes a little larger as is. Or both. The alignment is off in such a way that the bolt is entering the hole at an angle and doesn't reach the backside of the crossmember in the correct spot. My dad says "just drill it out" in place and be done with it

To add insult to injury, I grabbed my old school 3-ball hitch to throw it on the truck and get it off the garage floor and it didn't fit. Haven't had a chance to test fit another hitch, but will later.

Either way, if I can get it to work, this will be awesome.
Old February 8th, 2016, 05:06 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostChord View Post
At first glance, it appeared four holes all aligned quite well; we did the top bolts first so they would be out of the way when we were ready for the bottom two bolts. When we moved to the bottom two bolts, the alignment wasn't quite right. Not surprising since nothing is easy with
It was cold for us Floridians, and the game was about to start, so we called it a night. It looks awesome and feels unbelievable solid with only two bolts. Will have to reach back up behind the cross member to loosen the monster bolts (that should be fun), and discount double check the alignment. Or, just drill the holes a little larger as is. Or both. The alignment is off in such a way that the bolt is entering the hole at an angle and doesn't reach the backside of the crossmember in the correct spot. My dad says "just drill it out" in place and be done with it
As has been mentioned previously in this now long thread, it's not uncommon to have to open up the crossmember holes a little bit to accommodate the included hardware. Because the grade and size of the bolts mounting the receiver hitch greatly impacts the working load limits we went with the strongest option we could reasonably fit.

All of the receiver hitch plates are cut on a plasma table from a CAD file and as such are identical. The pattern has fit well across a wide sampling of trucks from many different years but as we all know the 90s and 110s are hand built to quality standards that are far from exacting. It is not impossible that your particular truck is just especially sloppy. Perhaps if you enlarge all the holes just slightly for the included hardware you'll be able to achieve acceptable alignment? I think this is preferable to jamming two bolts in the stock holes and really ovalizing the other two.

Quote:
To add insult to injury, I grabbed my old school 3-ball hitch to throw it on the truck and get it off the garage floor and it didn't fit. Haven't had a chance to test fit another hitch, but will later.
I have found a wide variance in hitches as well, just like the Land Rover bumpers. If you measure the receiver and it's way off and simply won't accept anything you find, just let me know and we'll take it back.

Thanks.
Old February 8th, 2016, 06:42 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ View Post
As has been mentioned previously in this now long thread, it's not uncommon to have to open up the crossmember holes a little bit to accommodate the included hardware. Because the grade and size of the bolts mounting the receiver hitch greatly impacts the working load limits we went with the strongest option we could reasonably fit. All of the receiver hitch plates are cut on a plasma table from a CAD file and as such are identical. The pattern has fit well across a wide sampling of trucks from many different years but as we all know the 90s and 110s are hand built to quality standards that are far from exacting. It is not impossible that your particular truck is just especially sloppy. Perhaps if you enlarge all the holes just slightly for the included hardware you'll be able to achieve acceptable alignment? I think this is preferable to jamming two bolts in the stock holes and really ovalizing the other two. I have found a wide variance in hitches as well, just like the Land Rover bumpers. If you measure the receiver and it's way off and simply won't accept anything you find, just let me know and we'll take it back. Thanks.
Thanks Jack - I'll let you know how it how goes! Really is an awesome mount.
Old February 12th, 2016, 10:23 PM
jashof
Jason Hoffman
1986 90, RHD 200TDI

I'm interested in one of your receiver hitches.
Old February 14th, 2016, 08:49 AM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Thanks Jack - I'll let you know how it how goes! Really is an awesome mount.
Test fit hitch mount bike rack - success. Waiting on my brother to test fit a different hitch than my fat old school 3 ball cuz that's the only one I have.

Picked up a 5/8" titanium drill bit to enlarge the 4 mounting holes on the rear crossmember (8 counting the ones in the back). Very easy, even with a simple 18v cordless drill. Good advice on enlarging all 4 holes equally, and not forcing it and 'ovaling' out just one of the holes. For those interested, don't force the drill bit under manly-man pressure. Take your time, let the drill spin and do its thing.

Didn't even think about dropping the tank. Slapped a set of vice grips on the backside nuts and tightened up with a socket. Did have to pick up a 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor since I wanted to use the 1/2" breaker bar and my sockets are 3/8".

Took about 20 minutes. Sweet.

Did have to remove the European-style? hitch mount that was on there. Surprisingly, it came quite off easily.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
110, 90, hitch