R380 for V8 D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Surf90's Avatar
Surf90
Status: Offline
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 943
Registry
R380 for V8 D90

I am putting a rebuilt r380 in my d90 so I have my original r380 gearbox that I am looking to sell. Could anyone suggest what its worth? Anyone interested? When it was pulled it had a hard time finding 1st and 3rd and couldn't find reverse.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf90
I am putting a rebuilt r380 in my d90 so I have my original r380 gearbox that I am looking to sell. Could anyone suggest what its worth? Anyone interested? When it was pulled it had a hard time finding 1st and 3rd and couldn't find reverse.
Figure whatever they give for a core.
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:32 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post

Figure whatever they give for a core.
It's worth scrap weight unfortunately.

However for someone willing to take a chance rebuilding the selector mechanism might bring this box back to life as it suffered a loose grub screw on the selector and I would guess that the inability to find gears is related. The cost to rebuild the selector mechanism is minimal. Parts are about 10.

That being said ... If I'm wrong that's a shitty mistake to make putting a broken gearbox into a truck.
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:40 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,958
Well you could use it as a core and send it off to Rob. This way you get the credit.
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Surf90's Avatar
Surf90
Status: Offline
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 943
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post

Figure whatever they give for a core.
Anyone know what the cost of a core is? No sweat if its worthless, I just have no idea.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:41 PM
evilfij's Avatar
evilfij
Status: Offline
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the internet
Posts: 14,688
I forgot what I sold mine for (bad synchro on 2nd). If the main shaft is not worn, it is worth way more than scrap value.
__________________
*not legal advice*
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:47 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I forgot what I sold mine for (bad synchro on 2nd). If the main shaft is not worn, it is worth way more than scrap value.
Only to someone who wants to buy it .... And not to knock the box but there is a reason it's for sale not still in the truck. I

Maybe try a blind auction. Set a date and ask people to submit bids ...
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
90, d90, r380, v8

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple D90 Parts discojosh2000 For Sale - Parts 13 November 2nd, 2010 07:35 PM
1997, D90 50,000 miles or less JMPDIV82 Defender Technical Discussions 8 October 25th, 2005 10:34 PM
D90 won't start! rover4x4 Defender Technical Discussions 32 June 13th, 2005 08:42 AM
D90 Tshirts norros Misc. Chit-Chat 16 March 8th, 2005 11:05 AM
Looking for a wrecked D90 or D90 frame & body mdb77 Defender Technical Discussions 17 January 11th, 2005 09:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Copyright