Push-button front door frame/shell, brand new (both) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old October 9th, 2009, 10:46 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Push-button front door frame/shell, brand new (both)

So, I finally got my shipment of parts from the UK and one vendor screwed up and sent me the wrong thing. Rather than return the doors I figured that someone here might want a crack at them for what I paid. I would be happy to throw in the door hardware I pulled out of my 1992 doors for free as well, not everything is there but most of it is.

So what I have is both a left and right door frame and skin (together) for the push-button front doors which are steel frame and alloy skin. They are brand new and I do not see any flaws on them but will pull them out of the boxes if anyone is interested and double check them.

I am located in Ottawa, Canada and you would be welcome to use my shop here to fit them if you drove to pick them up. They were 385GBP each plus the trans-Atlantic shipping which I think is probably about $200CAD for both, the windows, regulators, crank, locks etc are yours for the taking. I know the plastic channel and rain-sill pieces were trashed on my old doors though but most of the rest should be OK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 10th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
andrew

that seems high you paid 385 quid each? anyway I'm here in ottawa this weekend. so what are you askinf for the total package in CAD?

cheers
dave
Old October 10th, 2009, 09:33 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Yeah, it was supposed to be a set of late model NTO doors. I've checked the sites though and that price is what is is supposed to be.

You're welcome to drop by and discuss it, I am going to try to get the vendor to discount them but you never know. Basically if I can recover my hard-costs I am happy... I have a big pile of other Defender parts I am not re-using you're also welcome to pick through and I'd be happy to toss in as bonus items

The doors do look good, just won't match the others mostly.

Will PM contact details.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Talleyrand
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Registry
Hi Andrew and Dave,

Wow never knew there were two other Defender owners on this board local - but then I have sort of not been around much in OVLR the past few years. Was in Ottawa/Gatineau area for the past 7 years, driving a dark green 1998 D-110 CSW with a snorkel. Last couple of years though my job was in NYC so I did not drive the 110 into Ottawa very often. Have just moved to Sudan, though, and the 110 is just about to float its way over here to join me. Have all kinds of heavy stuff to bolt to the roof rack now, roof tent, sand ladders, jerry cans, etc. Have to uprate the springs!

Good luck with the door sale, Andrew. My doors are in need of replacement now too, especially the middle doors. My plan is to let the climate here thrash the interior and paint, then have it all redone just before leaving here, get the new type of one-piece steel/zinc doors all around and a respray. I see a few 110s around here in Khartoum, and saw a 90 the other day too. More than in Ottawa!

Cheers,
John
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:32 AM
oilburner
JL
large pile of parts

Edit. Oops. Shoulda read the whole thread.
Diesel-swapped 1994 80 series Land-cruiser
And a difflocked 4wd turbodiesel Lambo
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
John,
Just to clarify I live in Washington DC but as a member of OVLR since 96 or so I've gotten to know a few folks pretty well. I try to attend the Birthday Party as often as possible and I was there over the weekend for the wedding of one Mr. Dixon Kenner. Andrew we will have to catch up some other time thanks for the offer though. JL, where is my capping?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilburner
Edit. Oops. Shoulda read the whole thread.
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

So these are not sold yet. Someone out there must need some.

Follow-up Post:

OK, I heard back from the vendor. They are prepared to take some loss on the doors to make a sale in North America to avoid having to ship them back to the UK which is very cost prohibitive.

If you send me an offer I will clear it with them and you'll get a brand new set of doors you can properly waxoyl and protect!

Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

OK, spoke with the vendor and I am prepared to eat the transatlantic shipping costs to sell these quickly and they are willing to lose some on them. So FOB Ottawa they would go for 900USD which is significantly less than what it would cost to buy and import a set.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
mjekogian
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST

Registry
send me pics please mjekogian at gmail dot com
thank you

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
door