Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old January 26th, 2015, 11:12 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Psyoptic Development XD Rock Sliders for D90

I have a BRAND NEW in the crate set of Psyoptic Development XD rock sliders for sale.

These are the toughest rock sliders you will ever find for your defender, and 110% made in the USA.
These are designed to handle the toughest off-road conditions and/or zombie apocalypse. They will also get you laid.
These are NOT cheap, thin-wall, mall crawler, poser-spec, import garbage steel rock sliders like so many that are currently out there.

This is the last set I have available. It may be a while before I do another run of these 90 sliders since I have some other projects in the works.
These will fit any Defender 90 with a rear mounted gas tank.

$1000 for the set
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2015, 12:14 AM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter

Registry
Here are some pics for those not familiar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XD Raw.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	112037   Click image for larger version

Name:	XD_Carter.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	112038  

Name:	XD_wold.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	112039  
Old January 27th, 2015, 12:15 AM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter

Registry
And the frame outrigger
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	XD_Frame.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	112040  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Carter, you might want to give specs like wall thickness etc. I don't have a 90, but for me saying something is ready for the zombie apocalypse isn't speaking to my wallet. I have seen your work and know these are pretty much the ultimate slider for a 90 but others don't. Wish you and Raub had connected on something similar for the ex MOD trucks with the side lockers.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:18 AM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Carter, you might want to give specs like wall thickness etc. I don't have a 90, but for me saying something is ready for the zombie apocalypse isn't speaking to my wallet. I have seen your work and know these are pretty much the ultimate slider for a 90 but others don't. Wish you and Raub had connected on something similar for the ex MOD trucks with the side lockers.
Doug,

Point taken. I'm not much of a salesman, I just know how to build stuff, and provide customer service. I'd like to have done a set of sliders for Raub, but never heard anything back from him after the raffle. In reality I'm having a hell of a time finding someone to volunteer their 110 to test fit and sport my prototype 110 sliders who lives anywhere within 300 miles of me. I've literally been sitting on them for a few months now...

Back to the XD sliders,

The sliders are 100% constructed from laser cut and CNC formed 0.250" thick steel plate. Most of the other sliders currently on the market are 1.5 - 2mm or .079" in other words my sliders are 3 X thicker, and substantially stronger. They are also the ONLY Defender rock slider to my knowledge to feature a true boat-sided design as well as 3 frame mounting points per side.
Old January 27th, 2015, 08:43 PM
koltonstanley
Kolton Stanley
defender 130 hi cap

Registry
Any chance your looking for a 130 to make some sliders for?
I'm in the market for a pair......
Old January 27th, 2015, 09:08 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by koltonstanley View Post
Any chance your looking for a 130 to make some sliders for?
I'm in the market for a pair......
I'm planning to and really want to do a set for 130's... I just have to find a truck to use for the prototype set first
Old January 27th, 2015, 09:58 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Truly beautiful.
Old January 27th, 2015, 10:52 PM
koltonstanley
Kolton Stanley
defender 130 hi cap

Registry
Hmmmm so I just need to find a way to convince my wife that Charlotte would be a nice little trip to take.....she does want to go to charleston.... Just a small detour. Haha
Old January 28th, 2015, 03:50 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Carter, would you please tell me how wide the top surface is when it is attached to the Defender? It looks pretty wide, as if a tree bar would be unnecessary. And it looks wide enough to use as a step....

Thanks,

Chuck
Old January 28th, 2015, 04:23 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckc4 View Post
Carter, would you please tell me how wide the top surface is when it is attached to the Defender? It looks pretty wide, as if a tree bar would be unnecessary. And it looks wide enough to use as a step....

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck, the top surface is 4" wide, and are intended to be used as a stepping surface as well as providing substantial tree/rock protection. They make a great platform to stand on for taking top on and off, or getting to your roof rack.
Old January 28th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

I have a 130 and a 110 sitting at the shop North of Raleigh if you want to come to the shop and fit them. We will be doing professional photo shoot for both of these when they are done. And I have a pretty good selection of fab equipment as well. Just throwing it out there bc of a request from one of my customers. If not I'll be making them a couple sets...
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:20 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowdungbeetle View Post
Chuck, the top surface is 4" wide, and are intended to be used as a stepping surface as well as providing substantial tree/rock protection. They make a great platform to stand on for taking top on and off, or getting to your roof rack.
I am back and forth between these and the ones you make with the tree bar, as I think the tree bar will offer a better step because of the gap.

Maybe I need two defenders so I can get a set of both....
Old January 29th, 2015, 02:45 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckc4 View Post
I am back and forth between these and the ones you make with the tree bar, as I think the tree bar will offer a better step because of the gap. Maybe I need two defenders so I can get a set of both....
We all do! ;-) But these are just too awesome to pass up. Justify these any way you can. If I had the money and needed sliders, these would have sold in three minutes just like everything else that's well made on this site. ( But I already have sliders and no money) ;-)

In fact, these sliders are also a safety device, and unlike airbags on a defender, these will actually save your life! For instance, defender bodies are pretty much one big crumple zone. But these sliders are so stout, that if you got smashed from behind by a semi, that then pushed you into another semi, I bet your doors would still open! ;-)
Old January 29th, 2015, 03:22 AM
300tdi convert
Michael Giddinge
Late 80s 110 300tdi

Hi Carter,

Can you confirm that the sliders will fit an ROW 90 assuming that I don't use your middle connecting point which obviously conflicts with the under seat tank? The other two connecting points I assume are on the bulkhead outrigger and the existing tubular outrigger. I can work out the third connection down the road, likely combined as a tank guard.

If so, licked. Let's pm payment and shipping details.

mike
Old January 29th, 2015, 08:09 AM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
I have a 130 and a 110 sitting at the shop North of Raleigh if you want to come to the shop and fit them. We will be doing professional photo shoot for both of these when they are done. And I have a pretty good selection of fab equipment as well. Just throwing it out there bc of a request from one of my customers. If not I'll be making them a couple sets...
Could you PM me details of what you're thinking? Is this an opportunity to just test fit my sliders, or does your customer actually want a set of my sliders for their vehicle? It's a little early in the AM and I'm not reading this clearly.

------ Follow up post added January 29th, 2015 08:13 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300tdi convert View Post
Hi Carter,

Can you confirm that the sliders will fit an ROW 90 assuming that I don't use your middle connecting point which obviously conflicts with the under seat tank? The other two connecting points I assume are on the bulkhead outrigger and the existing tubular outrigger. I can work out the third connection down the road, likely combined as a tank guard.

If so, licked. Let's pm payment and shipping details.

mike
Mike, that is correct. The side mount gas tank would interfere with the middle frame outrigger, so you would not be able to use the middle outrigger on that side of the truck. I plan to make a special skid set-up for the ROW 90's with side tanks, I just have not been able to get my hands on one of these trucks yet to actually do the prototype design work.
Old January 29th, 2015, 09:06 AM
300tdi convert
Michael Giddinge
Late 80s 110 300tdi

pm sent
Old January 29th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
We all do! ;-) But these are just too awesome to pass up. Justify these any way you can. If I had the money and needed sliders, these would have sold in three minutes just like everything else that's well made on this site. ( But I already have sliders and no money) ;-)

In fact, these sliders are also a safety device, and unlike airbags on a defender, these will actually save your life! For instance, defender bodies are pretty much one big crumple zone. But these sliders are so stout, that if you got smashed from behind by a semi, that then pushed you into another semi, I bet your doors would still open! ;-)
Not sure about the accordion effect but these sliders are far stouter than a defenders frame. From a safety standpoint I think a broadside collision is where they would likely save your life.

Like Lav's billet wing top vents and dash bezels, Carters sliders should be on all defenders. These are one of those items that when you see it you just marvel.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old January 29th, 2015, 09:28 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Jon is extremely innovative with his designs... His sliders are the best sliders on the market, hands down.

I have had mine for the past 3-4 years. I have put them through every situation imaginable.

Old January 29th, 2015, 10:40 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

That's exactly how I feel...and they are drop dead gorgeous too. Whoever gets their hands on this set. Congratulations!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
90, d90, slide