Proper 1988 Defender petrol V8 engine, runs great& complete. removed for turbo-diesel - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
Zak Mosieur
1987 Defender 110/300tdi
Proper 1988 Defender petrol V8 engine, runs great& complete. removed for turbo-diesel

As the ad says, I have a fine-running-with-zero-issues 1988 3.5L V8 gasoline engine here for sale that is being sold complete with carbs, exhaust, air cleaners, all ancillaries, everything to stick this in your Defender, Range Rover, Series Hybrid, etc and go. This is still in the truck as I type this, if you want to come and see it run before it is pulled, but it is coming out in the next couple of days and will be ready to ship by Friday (if need be). The fine-shifting (but getting noisy in all gears but fourth ) LT85 gearbox may be for sale as well with its transfer case, also complete. Clock shows just over 130K miles, and engine always starts right up, and after warming up for a few minutes (is cold-blooded!) runs like a top. No smoke, drips or funny ticking or knocking sounds, I would throw some seals in it while it was out and then drop it right back into its new home and use it as-is.

I'd like $1800obo for the engine with all its parts, and $1000 for the LT85.

Give me a call or email with any questions, thanks 503-505-7113 ,

This truck has also been fitted with a complete LPG system that runs off of a tank in the back, I will also be removing this system and putting it up for sale if someone wants to run off of LPG or propane, everything is here to switch from gas to the LPG tank with a flick of the switch on the dash, making your truck multi-fuel. Pretty slick, $1000 for this complete kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHrizZBQ)8LM9BZQ~~60_57.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	69375  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

defender, diesel, engine, v8