Parting out complete 94 NAS D90 - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old February 18th, 2007, 11:51 AM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

So what's the deal?

I know you were on the board on Friday (2/16) yet you've still failed to reply to anyone's request in your post. At least mine.

I've politely sent at least two emails and one PM yet you've still haven't replied. I've even responded to you LRX post. I think the decent thing to do would be inform those of use who are interested rather than leaving us hanging. I can understand if you've got a family emergency, botched a DIY vasectimy kit, or you've been on the road, but come on!

By the way, if you want us to call you, as implied in your last post, then please leave a phone number as my abilities to read minds is down at the minute due to the fact my brain is clogged with malted hopps and bong resin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Menasco
By the way, if you want us to call you, as implied in your last post, then please leave a phone number as my abilities to read minds is down at the minute due to the fact my brain is clogged with malted hopps and bong resin.
Now that's pretty funny!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 19th, 2007, 09:17 AM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

I have been dealing with Sasha AKA Anthony for over a year and have never received pictures.

Although I requested them repeatedly. In my conversations with him he said that the truck was a 1995 and it had a front end accident and the repairs where botched and it now sits in a tiny garage and he has difficulty getting picture. He list it here as a 1994.

I dont beleive he owns the truck......(A copy of the title proving ownership would be nice otherwise we may be buying stolen parts.)

He also told me the truck is in LA now its Santa Monaca it moves around alot for a total...

I do believe his wife/girl friend may own the truck he is stripping it with or without her knowledge.

I do believe there is a truck out there and I do beleive he wants a bidding war on this site to bring the parts price up. (good business) Im not willing to bid against my fellow D90 brothers so i give up any interst I had in the parts.

I suggested to Sasha/Anthony that if he wanted people to bid on his stuff he should put it on ebay.

He hasnt. I wonder why he has sold 100's of things on ebay.. could my theory be correct about ownership???

I also suggested he call Maxline and sell the whole truck as it seems Wayne pays a ton of money fr wrecked trucks. Im not sure if he did it.

Anthony/Sasha seem like a nice guy and there is at least one person on this site that received something from him, but in my opion at an inflated price.

I talked to Anthonthy/ Sasha on friday and he promised he would send pics straight away.

Still no pics

All I can say is buyer beware...

Oh sorry for the spelling and grammer just got back from the Winter Romp and am working on 5 hours sleep. Damn that 18 year old Scotch.

: )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS

Moderators should be stepping in and reviewing all this with a view to determining if the sale is genuine or not and then taking the appropriate action, including the deletion of this thread as well as barring this individual. Otherwise it's just a wind up which someone is getting away with.

There's no doubt in my mind that at best this is a wind up and at worst a scam which could involve people being in receipt of stolen parts.

I'd love to be proven wrong of course.
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:00 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I have seen a couple pictures. I may ask for a VIN# when I talk to him next. I am not driving out to CA to pick it up with out some better sense of what is going on here. But that is what I intend to do. Buy the whole thing, well whats left. That is why he is having trouble giving prices on individual items I think, it may get sold together, as everything left. Seems silly to break it up.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:00 PM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

I'm just up the street. If this is real, Sasha/Anthony, contact me and I'll swing by and take all the pictures anyone here wants. I'm not looking for any major parts right now (except for maybe a hard top..)... but I might take first dibs on a few odds and ends for my service call :-)
Old February 19th, 2007, 01:49 PM
redrockrover
Russell Phillips
1994 Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherring
I'm just up the street. If this is real, Sasha/Anthony, contact me and I'll swing by and take all the pictures anyone here wants. I'm not looking for any major parts right now (except for maybe a hard top..)... but I might take first dibs on a few odds and ends for my service call :-)
I think that would put a lot of minds to rest to have pictures and an opinion from another party. I would love to get some parts off of this but I am just a little nervous. Sasha/Anthony I think you should take this gentlemanís offer and have a third party who is not involved or affiliated with you take and submit pictures to us. There is conflicting information given and a lack of response on your part. I will not purchase anything unless I hear it is legitimate from someone on this forum.

Russ

'94 AA Yellow
# 891
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Ok, I finally got around to seeing this truck on Saturday and it is everything he has described. Its AA yellow and yes it is in a tiny tiny tiny little garage that you can barely squeeze into. Not only that but there is no lighting in the garage so I had to use my flashlight. Thats why he can't take pictures of it, even if I was to take pictures of it, all you would see is one headlight bezel and the windscreen. I had to climb over a table, tranny and other stuff just to step on frame so I could look into it. The roll cage is already sold but the mounts for the rear cage are there. The dash (looks complete) and seat box are all there along with the motor and tranny (Out of the car but it is in the garage floor) The wheels and tires are still on it as well as the suspension/axles and those are in great shape, tires are like new. The chassis is tweaked but that was already previously mentioned, although it didn't look that bad. Aside from everything he already sold, its all there along with some new parts that he bought but never used. He is a great guy (real British Guy) and wants to part the car out for us but as a business owner, he is extremly busy and dosen't get much opportunity to go on forums. Taking everything into consideration, I'd say its a great opportunity to buy some used/new parts, you just have to be patient. This truck is real, is owned by him and is a great find.

Neil
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Baldewin
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90

Neil,

How did you get in touch with this guy? I'm in Fullerton and havn't recieved an email back from him.

Thanks
Chris
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldewin
Neil,

How did you get in touch with this guy? I'm in Fullerton and havn't recieved an email back from him.

Thanks
Chris
I emailed him, he gave me his number, I called him and met him that same day to pick up my part, he's a fair guy.

Neil
Old February 19th, 2007, 05:14 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Can you send me his email?
Old February 19th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Gentleman,
This truck is a 95 and there is a mistake in the post! I have posted on this forum to part out or sell my complete truck. I am currently in negotiations with several parties that have contacted me through this forum to sell the complete truck or major parts and Iím not sure what direction is best. I have received and sent many PMís to a large # of individuals as well as spoken on the phone or via e-mail to many more. I have been contacting individuals in order & will continue to do so until every question is answered. If your question has not been addressed as yet it may have fallen through the cracks!!! I have responsibilities and obligations as Iím sure many of you have & simply do not have as much time as I would like to dedicate to certain matters!! My intension is not to ignore anyone & if I have I apologize. I hope you understand. I have already sold the seats & Cubby box to a Gentleman in Texas, fender parts to a local gentleman as well as other minor widgets to a third party whom all have posted on this thread! The person who purchased the seats & the cubby box came across my post on another forum, we spoke on the phone, agreed on a price, I took several pics & e-mailed them to him and the deal was finalized in a timely manner! I first came across Ron more than a year ago when he contacted me regarding a listing I had posted on an auction site selling a new steering damper or another part for a D90. I have been receiving calls from Ron for more than a year!!! Insisting that I sell two complete front doors & the rear door for $250-!!! as that is the price that he can get them for anyway!!! In a telephone conversion with him a few days ago I politely suggested that he do that. On that note, i fail to see any reason what so ever in e-mailing pictures of these parts to Ron!!! He is one of the first people that have posted replies to this thread with statements such as (Call me) & (where do I send the check). In the many times I have spoken to him on the phone, I have never experienced the tone thatís used in his most recent post and generally found him to be a pleasant guy!!! (By the way----Santa Monica is in & is a suburb of the County of Los Angeles), Iím glad that itís me & not the wife that has to deal with some of the individuals on his forum & there is no point in jumping through hoops & e-mailing pictures to anyone if an even (round about price) has not been negotiated or discussed for a certain part or parts!! What is the point?? This truck is a one owner truck, purchased by myself in 95 with 35 miles on the clock from Hornburg LR in Hollywood. The truck was involved in an accident a few years ago and has been off the road since. My intension was for a long time to rebuild it, hence the purchase of a large # of new parts including a brand new front axle housing, fender, steering & suspension parts that are also for sale. Due to monetary obligations I have decided to part it out. If & when the frame & title are sold it will be done so at the local DMV with all parties in attendance. I WILL not have it any other way. As I mentioned previously, I will attend to all your questions as soon as I can and apologize again for not doing so sooner!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrockrover
I think that would put a lot of minds to rest to have pictures and an opinion from another party. I would love to get some parts off of this but I am just a little nervous. Sasha/Anthony I think you should take this gentlemanís offer and have a third party who is not involved or affiliated with you take and submit pictures to us. There is conflicting information given and a lack of response on your part. I will not purchase anything unless I hear it is legitimate from someone on this forum.

Russ
Russ,

I fail to see the reasoning in taking pictures and e-mailing them to parties whom 1. have not shown interest in a (particular) part or parts & 2. come to an (agreement) over price. What is the point? Please refer to my last post.

Regards,

Anthony.
Old February 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

I've shown intrest.

I've shown intrest before you posted here.

I don't see how my not posting a price negates me from contact? Since I've got you here, how's $15USD + shippping for the metal fuse panel sound?
Old February 19th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
I've shown intrest.

I've shown intrest before you posted here.

I don't see how my not posting a price negates me from contact? Since I've got you here, how's $15USD + shippping for the metal fuse panel sound?
OK,

That would be fine. Please note that I have never requested that parties post prices for anything, simply that there is no point in me jumping through hoops and e-mailing pictures of parts to everyone that simply shows interest in them by placing a post! In the interest of saving time, I have no problem in doing so once I have spoken to interested parties and we are at the very (least in the same ballpark) regarding a price! Please read your PM. I send you a PM (two) days ago with my Phone # asking you to call me. Please call me or provide an e-mail address to send the picture to.

Thank you,

Anthony.

Old February 20th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Best4x4
Kelly Graham
P38

D90 parts....

Pm sent
Old February 20th, 2007, 06:33 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Departing90

That would be fine. Please note that I have never requested that parties post prices for anything, simply that there is no point in me jumping through hoops and e-mailing pictures of parts to everyone that simply shows interest in them by placing a post! In the interest of saving time, I have no problem in doing so once I have spoken to interested parties and we are at the very (least in the same ballpark) regarding a price! Please read your PM. I send you a PM (two) days ago with my Phone # asking you to call me. Please call me or provide an e-mail address to send the picture to.

Hmm, well I didn't recieve a PM, but that's ok as I don't require pictures of the item.

I was however able to source your phone number. I hope you don't mind but I'll probably give you a call either today or tomorrow.
Old February 20th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
Hmm, well I didn't recieve a PM, but that's ok as I don't require pictures of the item.

I was however able to source your phone number. I hope you don't mind but I'll probably give you a call either today or tomorrow.
Iíll be expecting your call.
Anthony.

Old February 20th, 2007, 08:12 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

You sure you're keeping the hood? Mine has a few dents in it

Follow-up Post:

Oh and the doors. What kind've shape are the doors in?
Old February 20th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest
You sure you're keeping the hood? Mine has a few dents in it

Follow-up Post:

Oh and the doors. What kind've shape are the doors in?
Iím afraid the hood took a beating in the accident but only at the front so the rest of it is in 90% + condition. The hood is the only body panel that I didnít purchase from Hornburg to rebuilt the truck as I believe it can be saved! The doors are complete and in 95% + condition also. PM sent.

Thank you,

Anthony.
Old February 20th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

IF GYM backs out, I could use the owner's manual if the binder and pages are all in tact, no rips, tears etc. Now that I can wait on.

Sasha...Some people here are excellent technicians and D experts. Most people here are experienced parts scroungers and will jump with the right amount of money at the right item.
They see, they act, they pay...otherwise they have a bad rep on the board. And none of us want that.
Your truck could be liquidated in short order if you had the time.

This is a place where BS walks and money talks. (Note reverse order) I'm sure you are reputable. We on the other hand, are not Rubes and "Goobers." We are leary of traps, fraud and stolen parts.
I think you were just overwhelmed. Important to do what you say you are going to do, when you say you are going to do it. (I shouldn't have to say that.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
90, d90, nas, part