Oztent Group Buy - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 14th, 2015, 12:43 AM
ndamico
nick
1995 rrc

Is it too late o get in on this?
1995 RRC LWB. 3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.
2010 LR4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2015, 12:47 AM
COJ142
Michael Giroux
1985 Defender 110 CSW RHD

Hey Nick. I'm thinking we'll have some flexibility to drop and add a few things, once we get pricing. I'll find out and let you know!
Old May 14th, 2015, 12:48 AM
ndamico
nick
1995 rrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by COJ142 View Post
Hey Nick. I'm thinking we'll have some flexibility to drop and add a few things, once we get pricing. I'll find out and let you know!
Thanks i appreciate it.
1995 RRC LWB. 3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.
2010 LR4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2015, 01:48 PM
TheEnforcer
Justin
none

Can the starter of this thread please contact me,
Old May 21st, 2015, 01:53 PM
COJ142
Michael Giroux

Can the poster of the last post please contact me,
Old May 21st, 2015, 02:33 PM
COJ142
Michael Giroux

UPDATE

I've got some good news and some bad news.

First, the bad news. Justin- the Oztent USA distributor-dude, just contacted me and said the deal I've been told about is not legit and not available. Bummed.

In a strange coincidence, within 30 minutes of getting off the phone with Justin, the 'contact' I was given for the big discount, sent me an email saying, "As of now it looks like an OzTent group buy isn't going to be able to happen ... the previous discounts that some of the guys got before are no longer available... sorry for the inconvenience."

Hmmmm.

But, the good news is, Justin at Oztent is a cool-cat who said he'll send our list to one of his guys and see if they can do some sort of deal.

So, it sounds like the deal I was told about was either shady or done without the knowledge of the peeps at Oztent. No prices yet, but Justin sounds like a make-it-happen guy and I'll contact you all with prices if they can do a deal.

Sorry folks. Just a few guys wanting some great gear for an unheard of price. What's the saying, 'if it sounds too good to be true..."
Old May 21st, 2015, 02:42 PM
El Solis
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)

Well f#%* f#%* f#%*idy f#%*f#%*
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:41 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
UPDATE

I've got some good news and some bad news.

First, the bad news. Justin- the Oztent USA distributor-dude, just contacted me and said the deal I've been told about is not legit and not available. Bummed.

In a strange coincidence, within 30 minutes of getting off the phone with Justin, the 'contact' I was given for the big discount, sent me an email saying, "As of now it looks like an OzTent group buy isn't going to be able to happen ... the previous discounts that some of the guys got before are no longer available... sorry for the inconvenience."

Hmmmm.

But, the good news is, Justin at Oztent is a cool-cat who said he'll send our list to one of his guys and see if they can do some sort of deal.

So, it sounds like the deal I was told about was either shady or done without the knowledge of the peeps at Oztent. No prices yet, but Justin sounds like a make-it-happen guy and I'll contact you all with prices if they can do a deal.

Sorry folks. Just a few guys wanting some great gear for an unheard of price. What's the saying, 'if it sounds too good to be true..."
Looks like a US distributor other than the dude you were in contact with for the discount, contacted OzTent and complained that they were being undercut in this group buy. Just sayin' from experience of putting other group buys together in the past. Sucks for us, but better for the distributors as a whole I guess.
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:48 PM
COJ142
Michael Giroux

Yup. Exactly.

If people band together and offer Oztent a singular transaction over $10k seems like they should get a bulk rate. If retailers order that much at once probably negotiate for a bulk discount, too. Seems like basic, everyday business to me.

Sent from my iPhone
Old May 21st, 2015, 06:27 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Looks like a US distributor other than the dude you were in contact with for the discount, contacted OzTent and complained that they were being undercut in this group buy. Just sayin' from experience of putting other group buys together in the past. Sucks for us, but better for the distributors as a whole I guess.
This is a bummer, but not surprising. I think part of the problem is putting any numbers in a public forum. Hopefully, we can still get a decent pricebreak or better yet, a permanent D-Source discount from Oz.

Thx to Michael for organizing and staying on top of everything!

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old May 21st, 2015, 06:31 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Yup. Exactly. If people band together and offer Oztent a singular transaction over $10k seems like they should get a bulk rate. If retailers order that much at once probably negotiate for a bulk discount, too. Seems like basic, everyday business to me. Sent from my iPhone
Sucks because only OzTent (and us potentially but not quite as much) will benefit, and likely not any of the domestic distributors in this case.
Old May 21st, 2015, 06:47 PM
COJ142
Michael Giroux

You're right, Peter. It was a rookie mistake on my part publishing numbers for sure. I didn't foresee these complications. I'm holding out hope that Justin aka TheEnforcer will come thru with a decent consolation prize for us bumping oztent and singing its praises.

Josh- sounded like the deal, if any, might still find its way thru distributors. And, if no deal, I imagine some of us here will be pinging Justin @ Lucky8.
Old May 21st, 2015, 06:53 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
Quote:
You're right, Peter. It was a rookie mistake on my part publishing numbers for sure. I didn't foresee these complications. I'm holding out hope that Justin aka TheEnforcer will come thru with a decent consolation prize for us bumping oztent and singing its praises.

Josh- sounded like the deal, if any, might still find its way thru distributors. And, if no deal, I imagine some of us here will be pinging Justin @ Lucky8.

That's the dilemma, you have to create some buzz, but you don't want to shake the apple cart, so to speak. It will all work out. Again, thanks for organizing the effort.

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:26 PM
COJ142
Michael Giroux

Oztent Group Buy peoples ... I just pm'd each of you a quick update, but if you didn't get a pm and are part of this group buy, please let me know.
Old May 27th, 2015, 03:31 PM
COJ142
Michael Giroux

Hey gentlemen. Oztent has really reached out and gone the extra mile to accommodate our little group buy so it'd be REALLY helpful if you'd like something if you'd contact Justin @ Lucky8 and give him your order. Love for this door to be open for future group buys, so if you expressed interest, please buy something. Thx!
Old June 3rd, 2015, 04:09 PM
jjstahl3
Jay S
96 D1 TReK

Registry
couple used ones on expo

OZTent RV4 For Sale - Expedition Portal

OZ Tent RV3 for sale $750 - Expedition Portal

BUY SOME HATS --->

Old July 27th, 2015, 03:39 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
A local one was offered to me the same week I was going to participate in this group buy, but I'd still like to add on the front stuff which I'll probably ask for, for Christmas. Anyway, I thought it may be useful to show how an OzTent RV-4 fits inside a Defender 90.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-31289705.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	125880  
Old July 28th, 2015, 11:15 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Here are a couple more pics a pic of it on my second day of use. Oztent RV-4 with Oztent ground sheet (rain fly came with it but I ended up not using it) pictured next to my truck - I didn't find the extra poles to "properly" erect the awning until after this pic. The built-in awning provided a respite from the rain for at least five of us in camping chairs the first night when it started to rain, and again the next day when the sun was so oppressive that we were all scrambling for some sort of shade. The guy lines for the front of the awning can be a bit of a tripping hazard when in a tight camping spot (especially for the kids) but I'm not sure that's a fault of the tent.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Oztent RV-4.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	125899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oztent RV-4 awning camping chairs.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	125900  

Name:	Oztent RV-4 night after rain.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	125901  
Old July 28th, 2015, 01:46 PM
COJ142
Michael Giroux

Thanks Erik and Lucky 8

I want to say thanks to Eric @ Lucky8 for rescuing this group buy.
Erik stepped in and made it happen. It was a great transaction and Oztent make a great product. We received everything quickly and got to try it all out a few weeks ago.

The tents are everything the reviews claim. Pretty slick design. The Oztent Gecko chairs were a big hit (glad Erik talked me into getting two) and the Oztent Gecko stretchers were very comfortable. Set-up was a breeze and packing everything was surprisingly simple. Everything fit back into their bags and cases, no problem.

Now, I want the deluxe sides and front for at least one of the RV-5s.

Here are a few shots of our recent trip to the Blue Ridge Mtns. The site was small but we were still able to set-up both RV-5's. Great trout fishing, hiking and time with the family.

Thanks again, Erik and everyone that participated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 1.51.47 PM.png
Views:	73
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	125910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 1.49.54 PM.png
Views:	74
Size:	562.7 KB
ID:	125911  

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 1.50.25 PM.png
Views:	66
Size:	582.8 KB
ID:	125912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 1.50.55 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	480.4 KB
ID:	125913  

Old July 28th, 2015, 02:00 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Looks like fun. Let's see how you transported them!

Quote:
Now, I want the deluxe sides and front for at least one of the RV-5s.
Yeah me too. Asking for those for Christmas!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts