On Board Air - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old April 20th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

On Board Air

This is for those people running v-belt set ups, so mainly the 94 crowd, that do not have air conditioning. A couple of my friends have been bugging me to make them my On Board Air setup that uses the York 210 Air compressor off the engine--it will run air tools and fill up tires, and do it better than most set ups out there. There is that Oasis electric air compressor that runs the same pump off a winch motor, to give you all reference. All those that went to the solihul rally last year probably saw me using it replacing axles, inflating tires, ect. It is a good set up. Anyways, I have enough parts to make 4 and 2 are already taken. If anyone is interested, I will make 2 more at the same price, $300/each which will include the bracket to mount it to the engine, the compressor (they are used, but I tested them and they work great--I do have one that is new) and any/all advice to hook them up to work fine. If you live here in Colorado, you can play all you want with mine. I can give advice and websites to get more info about plumbing, but a simple search of onboard air will get you plenty. Given the cost of the compressor and the time to make the bracket, I am obviously not doing this to make money. If you can't pick it up, I will ship it--they are rather heavy, so that will be about $20 but I will only charge actual freight. If you are interested, let me know--I have been running mine for about 2 years. FYI--they fill my 255/84/16 33" tires from 14 to 30 in under a minute. Also, the compressor will have a clutch. That is about it--drop me a line if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	York2.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	5532  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2006, 10:22 PM
efournier
Eric
'95 D-90 ST

email sent
Old April 22nd, 2006, 12:36 PM
Pat
Patrick M.
D90 '96 300Tdi 5 speed

Hi
I understand those compressors are lubricated with some special oil that goes with the coolant gas when they are used in AC apps.
How is the compressor lubricated in your app?
Thanks
Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

They (the York) uses engine oil and have a resevoir. You have to check it every now and then to make sure it still has some, but it does not burn through it very quickly. There is a vast amount of info, but this page has some good ones--check out:
http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/york_lube.html

What you are refering to is the Sanden style compressors that use the Freon as part of their lube-loop. No worries with the York.
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Pat
Patrick M.
D90 '96 300Tdi 5 speed

Thanks David, I understood now
Pat

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts