new window seals - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:20 AM
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
Originally Posted by Zooben1 View Post
and are you being rude or flirting with me?
I'm never rude unless your name is Roland...likely flirting, Miss Scarlett.

Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Paul S.
1997 NAS BRG Soft-Top
D-90 Source Vendor
No one has been paid by the 'retailer'. I was hoping the tone of this thread would change and stay focused on the product, but since it apparently hasn’t I have to speak up and hopefully put this to bed. I would like to explain the early posts that seemed to come out of nowhere and appear ‘suspect’.

I am a new inventor designing products for a low-volume, highly specialized vehicle. I had invested a lot of money in the designing, testing, rapid-prototyping, tooling and manufacturing of this product. I offered the product at a discount as an incentive for those ‘early adopters’ willing to take a risk on a product they had never seen before from a company they had never heard of before.

Some of my first customers were so satisfied with the product they not only left great feedback on eBay, but took it upon themselves to write me thanking me for creating it and even included pictures of their rigs.

Unfortunately, one of my earliest customers ended up being the guinea pig as he had frames that were a full 1mm shallower than all the frames I had tested. He posted on this forum that the windows were too tight and I had never even directly heard from him about his concerns. I saw the whole thing collapsing before it even began. In what I considered a “state of emergency” I contacted those three customers alerting them to the thread saying that “if they were so inclined” as to voice their positive comments on this forum it would be greatly appreciated. I had no idea if they were current members, old members, non-members… whatever. They all were willing to help and took time out of their days to post their comments (and apparently sign up! ). Their comments are real even though they don’t appear to be so. Maybe they will chime in here again, maybe they won’t, but I am sure not going to ask!!!

I can sleep at night knowing that all feedback on eBay is 100% legitimate. You don’t build something out of nothing by trying to ‘fake it’. The product does exactly what it says it does and I thank those customers who have been willing to take the chance.

A word on the frames… As it turns out there are two different depths of frames out there; 11mm and 10mm. It doesn’t matter that your vehicle is NAS or not. This might be due to different suppliers or an NAS/ex-MOD thing. But it seems that Land Rover put on what they had available. This product is designed for a tight fit on the deeper 11mm frame and will not go into the 10mm frame without modification and major effort (Just ask Heston! ) Heston was the second customer to run into this issue. I had him ship me his empty frames so I could get my hands on them and shipped them back. I reimbursed him for his shipping costs. It was upon seeing his frames where I learned that it wasn’t just a variance in the frame extrusions but a completely different frame. (Thanks Heston for starting this forum and helping to spread the word).

Hopefully this will alleviate everyone’s concerns about my new company and product. I am trying to build something real and positive here for a vehicle which I am beyond passionate about.

Best regards,

Old October 24th, 2011, 02:46 PM
1997 D90 SofTop White (SOLD)
Just order mine via ebay
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Heston LaMar
97 NAS D90 ST #1789
Yep, the original version did not fit my frame, but as Paul said, he reimbursed my shipping costs and even had me send him my frames, installed the seals for free and shipped back to me. All this time later, they are still working like a charm (nice smooth sliding and good seal)!

Sounds like he has the original problem fixed, so I would recommend Paul highly. By the way, I have never met Paul and have nothing to do with his company.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

seals, window