Nato steelies - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old July 1st, 2010, 05:01 PM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

Nato steelies

FOR SALE 5 USED NATO WOLF VENTED STEEL WHEELS, TUBED-WELDED. P#ANR5593PM.

1 Has some rock rash but is not bad at all. Someone rattle canned them black. Geuine steel wheel lugs included. Located in western Colorado. Prefer Local pickup, but can have delivered any where in CO. for cheap. 235/85r16 General Grabber AT2's installed currently. Not much tread left but would work for a bit. 1 has an untouched SS Trexxus MT 235/85r16 mounted, brand new. Looking to get $225.00 for the set. We can work out s&h if needed.

JP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Sounds perfect for me. Shipping to 19041? Do the 4 generals have at least enough tread to pass inspection?
Old July 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Sounds perfect for me. Shipping to 19041? Do the 4 generals have at least enough tread to pass inspection?
Argh - i decided to put some mulch down with the kids instead of checking the for sale section..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2010, 07:19 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Damn he was faster this time
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:41 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Hey John- don't know where I am in line, but need a set also, sans tires- you can have the good one for your help. have them dismounted and can put two per 18x18x18 box if they get to me....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:25 PM
evilfij
evilfij

I'm out. Just realized he said shipping in Colorado cheap.
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:10 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I'm out. Just realized he said shipping in Colorado cheap.
Out. Told the wife by accident. Dammit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	onion_imagearticle1847_jpg_630x1200_upscale_q85-1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	28995  
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:19 PM
tmore
Tom More
1995 D90

I am definately interested if they end up being available... I am in Littleton and will be in Eagle , sylvan lake, the weekend of 7/10
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

steelies

Ron,

Tread depth's as follows -- 7/32 (2), and 4/32 (2), 1 - Brand new SS Trexxus. Don't know what the min. would be needed to pass inspection. By the way thanks again for the help on the MG alternator. It was perfect for my customer. Talk soon.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
evilfij
evilfij

John, can you shoot me a shipped quote to 19041?

I could theoretically do a business address in 19801 too.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPRO576 View Post
Ron,

Tread depth's as follows -- 7/32 (2), and 4/32 (2), 1 - Brand new SS Trexxus. Don't know what the min. would be needed to pass inspection. By the way thanks again for the help on the MG alternator. It was perfect for my customer. Talk soon.

Ron,

Sorry I left my computer on over night when I was in the middle of posting. So now we need to figure out whos on first? Dendy also shot me an e-mail for the wolf's over night. Dale souds like he is in need too. Tmore is looking like the third in line. D & D need to chat right now to see who wants what. Let me know boy's.

JP

------ Follow up post added July 2nd, 2010 09:15 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPRO576 View Post
Ron,

Sorry I left my computer on over night when I was in the middle of posting. So now we need to figure out whos on first? Dendy also shot me an e-mail for the wolf's over night. Dale souds like he is in need too. Tmore is looking like the third in line. D & D need to chat right now to see who wants what. Let me know boy's.

JP
Ron,

Poss. back in? You are still first. Quote sent to you first and foremost. I will be in touch.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM
evilfij
evilfij

If shipping does not kill it.

Ron
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:33 PM
rovertrader
Dale

I'm in John- Dendy has a storehouse full!! It'll be cheaper for him to let me have them now than me have to charge him more for something later:-) Send 'em if I'm next up- thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:25 PM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

wolf wheels

Ron,

E-mail sent to you on the quote. Dale also sent e-mail. Will let everyone know progress. Thanks.
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:43 PM
greenD1
Dustan
1997 D1

Did you sell them. I will be in Co next week and may be interested if they are still around
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:43 PM
rovertrader
Dale

I believe they are mine, just waiting for John as I know he has lots on his plate.

Old July 29th, 2010, 11:01 AM
enjoi1968
Blake Pendleton
98 D1

someone explain this "welded" portion to me. I bought some tubed wheels and am trying to figure out if I need to sell them and buy tubless or if I can use them still. Currently the spare won't hold its valve stem, and I can't air down past 25psi or I am very likely to lose a bead..

Somehow I think the answer must be in this "welded" part of tubed wheels...
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

Nato Steel Wheels

The steelies are Dales. You should be fine with the welded wheels. You just need to use the bigger valve stems. They are avail @ any Napa, Carquest. I should have them ready to go out early next week Dale. Sorry for the delay. Life you know.
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
welded vs. riveted is something that pertains to the older style LR steel rims. Most of the old 16" steel rims available on older series I, II, and IIa rovers were constructed by riveting the wheel center into the outer rim. The rivets were commonly blamed for air leakage if the rims were used without tubes. I do not know for sure whether later steel rims from Series III on through 90s and 110s still used this riveted construction or not as I have not looked at them that closely. I suspect they did though.

Wolf or NATO rims are all welded construction regardless of whether they are of the Tubed or Tubeless variety. What makes a rim Tubeless is the addition of an extra ridge or hump just inboard of the bead seating area. I believe that feature can be seen from outside the rim. And the rims will most likely be marked "Tubeless."

I have never owned Tubeless rims on any of my Land Rovers (except the RR that came with alloys) so I can't attest to any difference in performance. I regularly air down to 15-18 psi on the trails. I have only had one trail flat and that was with the alloys when I broke one on a submerged rock.

I bought my tubed style wolf/NATO rims from a guy in NY that said he always got trail flats from popped beads- so he bought Tubeless style wolf/NATO rims instead. At that time he reported that the tubeless rims did not solve the problem and that he still regularly popped beads on his tires.

I suspect bead retention has more to do with tire size/pressure and driving style than it does with whether or not you have rivets holding your wheels together, or an extra tiny little ridge inside your rim.

Additionally, I am pretty sure that the extra ridge in a tubeless style rim is a safety feature really intended more to keep the tire from coming off the rim during a failure at roadway speed, as opposed to the expectation that somehow it will prevent the tire from being forced off the bead by the pressure of a 6000lb truck forcing it up against a large immovable rock or other object.

You need the larger valve stems with LR steel rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi1968 View Post
someone explain this "welded" portion to me. I bought some tubed wheels and am trying to figure out if I need to sell them and buy tubless or if I can use them still. Currently the spare won't hold its valve stem, and I can't air down past 25psi or I am very likely to lose a bead..

Somehow I think the answer must be in this "welded" part of tubed wheels...
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM
rovertrader
Dale

no worries John- I figured, no rush. Hope all is well

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
steelies