NAS D90, Steering Wheel, Moto-Lita - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 18th, 2016, 02:11 PM
harrythetall
Harry Weiler
97 NAS D90 ST

NAS D90, Steering Wheel, Moto-Lita

As a 6'6 1/2", male driver, the original steering wheel on my 97 NAS D90 ST did not play well with my knees. Solution: buy and instal a new, Moto-Lita, 36 spline, Mark 4, 14" diameter, black leather wrapped, dished steering wheel with a 1" spacer ring. It worked great.
When I sold my Defender in later February to a much shorter buyer, he reinstalled the original LR wheel and let me keep the Moto-Lita wheel. As I do not for see a NAS D90 in my future, I am offering the Moto-Lita Wheel for sale for $350 AS IS- original cost about $492 ( 341.95 BPD) and I will pay up to $20 toward shipping costs. Payment by Cashiers Check or Paypal.
I purchased the Moto-Lita steering wheel and needed accessories from Moto-Lita in the U.K. in Mid May 2015. As the attached photos show, this steering wheel and the accessories are in like-new condition. The net weight of this wheel and accessories is 6.75 lbs. and the shipping box is
4 1/2" x 20 1/2" x 15". My zip code is 27103.
The attached images include photos of the steering wheel and accessories and a pdf file with copies of the Bills of Sale, installation info and the customs doc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1786.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	149831   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1784.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	149832  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1042.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	149833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1776.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	149834  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf MotoLita Docs125.pdf (153.3 KB, 37 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2016, 07:17 AM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
Interested. Just trying to determine what spline my steering column is since my truck is an 84 RHD 110

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 21st, 2016, 09:09 AM
harrythetall
Harry Weiler
97 NAS D90 ST

With any luck someone on dsource can answer your question this weekend. The only parts house that might be open this weekend would be Safari Heritage in Florida. Love to see a picture of your 110. Harry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2016, 09:36 AM
harrythetall
Harry Weiler
97 NAS D90 ST

Matthew, I just talked to Gregg at Rovers North. He thinks that a 36 spline Steering wheel is right for you but he says the only really way to tell is to pull the wheel.
Old May 21st, 2016, 09:56 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Web Rover
Old May 21st, 2016, 10:11 AM
harrythetall
Harry Weiler
97 NAS D90 ST

Sonoronos just sent me the following link on steering wheel spline counts for D90s and 110s:

Web Rover (Web Rover)
Old June 12th, 2016, 08:38 PM
RoverNY
Darrell
1987 Defender 90 ex-MOD

Registry
PM sent
Old June 13th, 2016, 07:28 AM
harrythetall
Harry Weiler
97 NAS D90 ST

Not sure what your message" PM sent" means. This is the only private message I am aware of that I have received from you.
Old June 13th, 2016, 12:50 PM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
Hi Harry, If the steering wheel is not sold I would like to buy it. Let me know what the final cost is... (steering wheel/parts & shipping) and an address to send a Cashiers Check to. Thanks, Len my zip is 95132

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 05:38 PM
harrythetall
Harry Weiler
97 NAS D90 ST

Ron Peppard-Payment overdue

Ron, as you are aware, on June 2nd I shipped you, with your prior approval, the Moto-Lita steering wheel and parts pictured above. As we had agreed, these items were shipped on a 30 day approval basis. I chose not to require payment in advance of shipping because I had just added a part, a striker ring, to correct a problem: the failure of my Moto Lita steering wheel to cancel a turn signal after a turn is completed and I wanted you to have the opportunity prior to paying me to independently verify that addition of the striker ring had solved this problem.
On June 7th UPS advised me that my steering wheel and part shipment to you had been delivered to your mailing address and you confirmed delivery later that day. You further stated that you wished to pay me immediately and requested the needed info to credit my Pay Pal account. I replied with my PP information that day using a PM which is the way we had corresponded up until that date.
Since June 7th I have received no further PMs from you nor the PayPal payment you had promised to make on June 7th. I have subsequently sent you PMs on June 10 and 18 requesting that you make your promised payment. Further on June 18, last Friday, I advised you by PM that if I did not hear from you and quickly receive your promised payment then I would move my attempts to collect this debt to the public side of dsource. Today, I have taken that step.
In conclusion Ron, your choices are to pay me immediately using PayPal as you agreed to do on June 7 or to advise me that you wish to return the shipment you received from me on June 7 and I will send you a prepaid, insured shipping label for you to use in returning my property. I look forward to hearing from you so that this matter can be quickly resolved. I will PM you now to insure you are aware of this Post. Harry Weiler
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:33 AM
harrythetall
Harry Weiler
97 NAS D90 ST

Ron Peppard-Apologize for sending you the wrong email address

Ron, Thank you for your call and PM this morning. I apologize for sending you the wrong email address for my PayPal account. Hope that PP will work with you to refund the PP payment that you made on June 10 to that incorrect email address that I mistakenly sent you.. Good luck on your rebuild of your 95 D90 SW. Harry Weiler
Old June 23rd, 2016, 12:29 PM
harrythetall
Harry Weiler
97 NAS D90 ST

Ron: Your Payment in full has been received

Ron, I have just received notice of your payment to me in full through PayPal. It was most gracious of you to offer to pay me prior to your being reimbursed by the incorrect recipient of your original payment on June 10. As I stated in my previous post today, this error in recipients was caused by me not providing you with the correct email for my PP account. Harry Weiler

A NOTE TO ALL OTHER PARTIES INTERESTED IN THE MOTO-LITA STEERING WHEEL AND PARTS IN MY ORIGINAL POST. THESE ITEMS ARE NOW SOLD AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE FROM ME. Harry Weiler

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
90, d90, nas, wheel