MMB Hi Top Roof/Instant Camper - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old October 21st, 2011, 11:58 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

MMB Hi Top Roof/Instant Camper

I am selling my MMB Hi Top roof, as I am going to use a Expo Lifting Roof for my camper conversion. It also comes with the 2 window sides, in excellent condition. The roof gives you an additional 12" of head room inside, to just under 5' in the rear. There is a closeable storage area above the cab, where you could also house an electronic center, high and dry. The roof has the optional GRP liner with insulation, that makes covering the interior much easier. I had to cut a strip all the way around to remove the roof, that would need to be reconnected after mounting on your truck. I have left all the lighting, and wiring intact, so you could use the current ones, or make switching them easy. There is also an aluminum hard point on top, in case you want to mount something solidly on top. If you were thinking of getting a RTT, this would be a good compromise to have a sleep in arrangement, and extra inside storage, eliminating the roof rack. The roof weighs 65kg, which after subtracting the stock roofs weight, is lighter than a roof rack and RRT combo, and has better weight distribution. You will have less weight, and better aerodynamics by not having a roof rack/RTT combo, giving you better mpg's. Build your bed across the span at top of the tub sides, and depending on how tall you are, could sit up in bed out of the elements inside. The roof is in the Los Angeles area, so local would be best due to size and weight. If you are somewhat close to me, may be able to work something out. There are a few pits and scrapes, and after removal of stickers, so a good sanding and re coating of the clear coat would be best. I had to remove the interior material covering everything for safety, and old adhesive would need to be scraped clean, before covering the inner tub again. Looking for $999.95 not including delivery. Please PM or email for any questions. Thanks for looking.
Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GOLD! 012.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	42994   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7070520.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	42995  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7070521.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	42996  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:03 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I have seen it and it is very cool. Greg, good luck with the sale.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:09 AM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

Thanks Barry. Unfortunately I need to stand up inside, so it has to go. I didn't want to separate, but the chassis is too good to let go.
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2011, 02:12 AM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

Since lack of local interest, I am open to offer from further out. I would rather sell on the forum than EBay, so open to offers. Willing to eat some shipping for serious and reasonable offers. If you are thinking of buying a RTT, this is a rare opportunity to have a sleep in set up, sheltered from the elements. These MMB LTD roofs are an expensive options in the UK, and not likely going to be another in the near future in the USA. If you have any questions, please email me at gchinsr@gmail.com Thanks for looking.
Greg

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
roof