Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:16 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneil View Post
I'm not "taking my stuff and going home," Brett. I'm just choosing to stop doing this in the future because it's frankly not worth the hassle for a bunch of random stuff.

What I meant by "it's only worth what someone will pay" is what's the use of me making up a price, say $50. Nobody buys it at that price because it's too high so it winds up in the dump anyhow.

Anyhow, enough said on this topic. As I've said repeatedly, lesson learned.
That's not how it works. Here's how it does work.
You establish a sale price. This could be based on what you paid for it, what similar items have sold for, or how much you want for it. Someone will either buy it or they won't.
If it doesnt sell you can either "bump" the thread, lower your asking price, or take an offer if one is made.
It's really quite easy. I'm afraid that if this process is too difficult that actually shipping these items is going to be like climbing Everest.
It's a shame you'd rather take this stuff to the dump than see it go to a Land Rover brother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:22 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

The shipping is the easy part (relatively, Brett). It's the sifting through the myriad of responses, each one with a different question or request (e.g., separate this or that, can I just buy x and not z, etc.).

I wanted stuff of interest to go to Rover bretheren or I wouldn't have posted it. I just don't want to set an unrealistic price on it and see it go unanswered. I don't have endless hours to research prices or "bump" things that don't sell. If they don't sell they go back into the shed or (since I'm trying to clean it up a bit now) to the dump. That's just how it is. I'm not trying to be childish and "take my toys and go home."

My mistake on this one was apparently posting TOO many things at once and not posting pictures. But again, I didn't want to clutter the forum with stuff nobody wanted. I figured if someone did they'd ask. And, by God, they have!

-Mark
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Mogly406
Jay
'62 IIA 109 coil sprung

Sent a PM on the door tops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Roll Bar Pads licked

I need roll bar pads for the internal b-hoop in my 110 SD cage.
PM Sent.
Think I'll take all 6.
I'm local and if Rufus was successful in scoring the door cards I will coordinate with him to pick up this stuff.
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Baldewin
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90

Sent you a pm about one of the speedo's.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:00 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
I'll give you $100 for the doortops with the quicknuts if possible. I need both for my Series III.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:44 AM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Well said, Brett.
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:41 AM
triple9music
Chad Davis
1984 Defender 90

Registry
yeah Mark, please don't take anything to the dump, as you can see, there's definitely buyers on here and things go quick. I'd be stoked to check out anything else you find in the corner of your garage! Looks like you've got some good stuff!
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:02 PM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

Okay, after much poring over emails and PMs, here's the current status. If I have missed anything anyone sent me for any of the items without a strikethrough or comment, apologies - - it was inadvertent. Please just PM me again.

I've also posted pics that people asked for. If there's anything else anyone wants to see, please PM me and I'll do my best.

Thanks,
Mark

----------------------------------------------------

2 NAS D90 soft top door cards. Well used, these still have the genuine speakers in them. They mount up okay with washers where some of the surrounds around the mounting holes have given way. I just decided to replace them with the RN versions. If you're interested, I can send some pics. These are NOT pristine, but could serve someone well, e.g., if existing door cards are missing or in really bad shape. Offers welcomed. SPOKEN FOR BY RUFUS.

1 ROW right side ONLY door panel (no speaker cut out), some scuffs, no cracks. Mounting holes all look good. Looks to be dark gray. Can send pics. Offers welcomed. APPARENTLY I WAS WRONG, AND THIS IS A CARD FOR THE REAR DOOR ON A SOFT TOP, NOT A ROW RH CARD. APOLOGIES FOR ANY CONFUSION. BRIAN, ARE YOU STILL INTERESTED? IF NOT, JOSH IS WAITING IN THE WINGS.

1 brand new '97 NAS D90 stereo tray/bezel -- the fiberglass piece that goes in the cubby that the stereo mounts through. Can send pic if you don't know what I mean. Offers welcomed.

1 brand new FCA101680L04 center dash stereo pod - - the one you use to mount your stereo between the dash vents. Offers welcomed. WAITING RESPONSE FROM ERIC.

1 right rear ONLY 90 NAS Station Wagon rear speaker housing. Good shape, a few scuffs, no cracks. Offers welcomed.

2.5 liter gas engine carb. Used (worked when taken off) - - probably could use rebuild. Part number on the box is ETC5306. It's a Weber 34DMTL3. Make me an offer if you have any use for it.

Genuine LR3 rear loadspace mat. Barely used, like new. Make an offer.

NAS Defender rollbar pads. A bit dusty. 4 black. 2 gray. Anyone need these? SPOKEN FOR BY AYNSLEY.

1 RIGHT HAND ONLY Defender headlight surround. The black plastic piece. BTR7849/50 is on the package, but it's the right hand one only. Perfect condition. Offer welcomed.

1 Genuine Series III grille (the plastic one). New. Make an offer.

1 NAS '95 or '97 LH side (I think) taillight protector. Genuine. It's the one with 4 mounting holes (the other side, RH I think, only has 3 holes). New, never used. Anyone need this? SPOKEN FOR BY RUFUS

2 Defender mirror assemblies with arms. Used, some overspray on arms, glass good (flat glass) MTC5217. Open to offer. SOLD AND SHIPPED

4 used Defender mirror heads, glass good (flat glass). Anyone need these?

Set of military Defender door tops. Came off an ex-Brit 110 3 door. Hand painted by squaddies in flat green. Has the round knobs inside for opening the glass (different than NAS tops). Glass good. Usable doortops, nothing too fancy. No studs or nuts, but if someone wants to make me an offer on both, I have a good set of stainless steel studs and Quicknuts that could be part of the deal. I can send pics. SPOKEN FOR BY JAY

2 working NAS mechanical speedometers (so for NAS 110 or '94 or '95 D90s only) One shows 6,191 miles and the other 42,752. Guaranteed good. Offers on one or both welcomed. WAITING FOR RESPONSE FROM CHRIS ON THE 42K MILE ONE

1 working ROW mechanical speedometer (Smiths). Reads in MPH, but has KPH shown in the inner ring (could have been from a NAS110 - - can't recall if they showed both MPH & KPH?). Odo reads 55,852 miles. Offer welcomed.

4 sets of D90 springs. Cityside Garage took them off and replaced them with OMEs for me some years ago on a previous truck. They tagged each spring - - shown as "RF/LF/RR/LR - D90 4" lift." The springs were blue in color. I remember them as lifting the truck pretty high, so 4" is probably about right. Anyone need these? I can measure them if you want.

2 used Defender springs. I bit bigger diameter than the D90 ones shown above, so I'm pretty sure they came off a 110, not sure if they're front or rears. I can measure them if anyone could use them and is interested.

Used NAS 110 fan shroud. This is that big metal piece with the 2 round cutouts for the front fans. They ALWAYS rust out (in the Northeast anyhow). This one is intact, but the paint is starting to flake so could use sandblasting and repainting. Also have a single fan / motor to go with it. Anyone need this part? I know it's really hard to find when you're looking for it (which is why I bought this used spare when it came up).

Some sort of heavy duty linkage bar as thick as my wrist. Finished in blue. Looks like a sort of drag link. I know the fellas at Cityside took it off a D90 I owned. If anyone knows what this is and wants it, or is curious and wants pictures, let me know.

Brand new, genuine, in unopened wrapper oil cooler line for NAS D110 (I think). Part number ESR1933. Open to offer.

Genuine, used but in original bag with instructions, D110 MIDDLE seat/row waterproof seat covers. No stains, tears or rips. P/N STC8181AA. Open to offer.

New "max tool" head set in original green bag. No handle (went missing somewhere along the way). Has multiple heads, etc. for the tool, painted red. Anyone have any use for this?

3 winch kits in original bags. 2 in green "Range Rover" bags, 1 in a red "Warn" bag. The one in the Warn bag looks 100% unused, the others maybe used once or twice, gently. Contain winch control, snatch block, gloves, chain, etc. Anyone interested in these? They're HEAVY! WARN KIT SOLD TO JOSH. OTHER 2 ON HOLD FOR NOW . . . YEAH, I KNOW.

Genuine DiscoII front and middle rubber mats. Barely used, but dusty and dirty from sitting in basement. Make an offer.
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:14 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Still no prices?
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:47 PM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogly406 View Post
Sent a PM on the door tops.
Sorry Jay I did not see this when I made my offer. I'll take seconds if this falls through. Thanks

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
roll bar pads unlicked (if that's a word).
Thought they were for a 110.

Sorry Mark if that caused you any hassle.

...and guys I understand that it is easier with clear prices but a lot of this stuff is random.
people post stuff in FS (vehicles and parts) and get flamed to no end about asking prices, so maybe let's not start douching all over a guy that takes the time to share his cache of parts.

Other people on this board do this all the time with their parts hoard ('make me an offfer') and nobody crushes them. If the stuff is worth something to you send him a PM with an offer. If he's offended because its too low, well then that's his own fault right?
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:33 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

every now and then jackie you come out with some real words of wisdom..LOL...
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Baldewin
Chris Baldewin
Bastard 90

Speedo's still for sale as I'm passing.
Old May 8th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
1 ROW right side ONLY door panel (no speaker cut out), some scuffs, no cracks. Mounting holes all look good. Looks to be dark gray. Can send pics. Offers welcomed. APPARENTLY I WAS WRONG, AND THIS IS A CARD FOR THE REAR DOOR ON A SOFT TOP, NOT A ROW RH CARD. APOLOGIES FOR ANY CONFUSION. BRIAN, ARE YOU STILL INTERESTED? IF NOT, JOSH IS WAITING IN THE WINGS.
Im out, open to the next in line.
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybluett

Im out, open to the next in line.
Woohoooooo. Payment sent.
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:10 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

LR3 loadspace mat...pic and price?

------ Follow up post added May 8th, 2012 09:11 AM ------

and color? Need black.
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

Here it is (a bit dirty from sitting in my basement - - but I had this truck all of 3 months and bought the loadspace mat myself new).

New these are $161.50 (and even more at RN):
http://www.landroversolon.com/sc/sto...p?idproduct=45

How about $40 plus shipping? Warning, this is a genuine LR mat, so it's HEAVY. Not sure how much shipping would be . . . .

-Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LR3 Loadspace Mat.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	51233  
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:35 AM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith
86 110 300TDI,16 Disco Sport

Registry
Good meeting you last night. Thank you very much for the carb and other parts. Good luck with your gorgeous TD5.
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Here it is (a bit dirty from sitting in my basement - - but I had this truck all of 3 months and bought the loadspace mat myself new).

New these are $161.50 (and even more at RN):
http://www.landroversolon.com/sc/sto...p?idproduct=45

How about $40 plus shipping? Warning, this is a genuine LR mat, so it's HEAVY. Not sure how much shipping would be . . . .

-Mark
Damn - nice prices. I want to lick this without even owning a LR3.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
part, parts