Misc. Land Rover Parts - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 6th, 2012, 10:48 PM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

Sorry if I was not clear. I was seeing if everyone (including Bill, who originally bid on the bags alone) was cool with the 3 offers that had come in as detailed in the posting.

Nobody said anything about the $20 for the red bag Warn kit, so that went to Josh, but I did hear about the 2 RR kits from others (not via the posting from discotdi, he's blameless!).

That said, if the other offers turn out to be BS, I'll let you and Dan know.

Again, apologies for any confusion. I'll get you the pics of the other items you asked about, hopefully in the next day or two.

Thanks,
Mark

------ Follow up post added May 6th, 2012 10:51 PM ------

UPDATE, the following items are SOLD:

- 2 Defender mirror assemblies
- Red Warn winch bag & kit

There are many requests for pictures of some of the other items. I'll do my best to get them taken and posted here in the next few days.

Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2012, 10:58 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

FWIW, I would have been happy with just the Warn kit. As it is I don't really want the Range Rover bag, just the contents. So if somebody wants just the bag maybe we can work something out. Let me know.
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:23 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

I know I'm a D90 newbie, but I'm not new to forums. Just some interesting info.
From the For Sale posting rules.
" When posting something in the Classified section, please be sure to include a price, description, location, and picture(s) if applicable."
" this is not the place to sharp-shoot and sabotage other people's ads by commenting on their prices etc."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

I guess I misinterpreted the chain of events. I thought my post was after the fact, meaning the deals were done. But I guess some other members made silent, private bids via PM or otherwise .And reading the sellers posts more closely I see that he did ask for more bids if anyone wanted in. I think that most everyone here, except perhaps the seller knew the value of these kits to Land Rover "Nerds" so no real surprise that other people made higher bids. FWIW I've not bid myself.
I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes and I'm sorry if my post threw a "spanner in the works".
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:23 AM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Post a picture of the Range Rover winch/recovery kits and I'll make you a legit offer.
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:53 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Well I had no idea this was going in so many directions. I can live without the bags. I guess it wasn't realistic to expect that you'd split the lot. Sent you a PM.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:40 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

Yeah sorry about that, Bill. Stupid goshdarn bags have caused me more irritation than you can believe. I'm half tempted just to chuck 'em in the back of the truck and haul 'em to the dump, just on principle. It's not even about the money (I could care less, really - - witness those NAS 110 rims I sold to Josh, which I could have...and KNEW I could have...sold for 3X the money I asked). It's just that everyone wanted some variation of what I thought I had offered (bags only; no bags but contents only; no bags but 1 piece from the bag but not others). My head was spinning and my inbox was overflowing. I'm gonna just hold on them at this point.
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:34 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

Okay, here are pics of at least some of the stuff you good folks wanted to see:

1) ROW RH softtop door panel

4) D90 rollbar pads (Gary Baxter, you were first on these - - please confirm if you want them)

5) RH headlight finisher

6) Military door tops
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headlight Finisher - RH.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	51193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roll Bar Pads.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	51194  

Name:	Military Door Tops #1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	51195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Military Door Tops #2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	51196  

Name:	Military Door Tops #3.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	51197   Click image for larger version

Name:	ROW RH door panel.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	51198  

Old May 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

And here are the pics of:

1) The "mystery linkage"

2) The "4 inch lift" D90 springs

Brett, you were first to respond on these, please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mystery Link #1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	51199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystery Link #2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	51200  

Name:	Springs Front #2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	51201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Springs Front.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	51202  

Name:	Springs Rear.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	51203  
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:43 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneil View Post
Yeah sorry about that, Bill. Stupid goshdarn bags have caused me more irritation than you can believe. I'm half tempted just to chuck 'em in the back of the truck and haul 'em to the dump, just on principle. It's not even about the money (I could care less, really - - witness those NAS 110 rims I sold to Josh, which I could have...and KNEW I could have...sold for 3X the money I asked). It's just that everyone wanted some variation of what I thought I had offered (bags only; no bags but contents only; no bags but 1 piece from the bag but not others). My head was spinning and my inbox was overflowing. I'm gonna just hold on them at this point.
And there lies the problem with the "make me an offer" system. It turns into a free-for-all with lots of confusion and little satisfaction.
Put a price with your items and sell it to the first person interested at that price.
Looks like the linkage is a custom adjustable panhard rod. I'm going to pass on both but GLWTS. Cheers.
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:48 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
I know I'm a D90 newbie, but I'm not new to forums. Just some interesting info.
From the For Sale posting rules.
" When posting something in the Classified section, please be sure to include a price, description, location, and picture(s) if applicable."
" this is not the place to sharp-shoot and sabotage other people's ads by commenting on their prices etc."
Most of this stuff I just want to see go to good homes. I'm not in this to make money, trust me. The time I've spent answering all the messages has cost me far more than whatever money I may collect. I almost hauled the whole lot to the dump, but figured I'd see if anyone could use the stuff. Now I see why others have told me it's not worth the irritation and time to sell this stuff online. I literally could spend all day responding to posts, requests to separate this or that, shipping to zipcode x or zipcode y. My own fault, I know. But lesson learned. I'll do my best to put up pics and respond to everything I've already posted, since fair is fair and I'm the one who got myself into this.

Thanks everyone for your patience and sorry about the great "green RR winch bag fiasco." I think I'm just gonna hang onto them for now, at least until I can spend a couple of hours sifting back through the dozens of PMs and emails on the topic and see if I can put together a deal that (mostly anyhow) satisfies the first few responders.

-Mark
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
It's very simple really. Decide on a price you want and ask for it. You can negotiate with people who show interest in PMs or emails. Put them on ebay if you want people to bid on them.

Also, I'll add that your description of said contents is very vague and people who were showing interest (legitimately) wanted to see a picture of what you were selling before making an offer.

In short you brought this on yourself. If/when you do decide to sell them, please do us all a favor and at a minimum

1. list each as a separate line item
2. Describe exactly what is in them
3. preferably provide pictures as well

If you continue to have issues with the rest of your list posted here, my recommendation is to repost what's left and put prices on them.

Impressive list of random rover parts BTW.
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:58 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
And there lies the problem with the "make me an offer" system. It turns into a free-for-all with lots of confusion and little satisfaction.
Put a price with your items and sell it to the first person interested at that price.
Looks like the linkage is a custom adjustable panhard rod. I'm going to pass on both but GLWTS. Cheers.
Yeah, fair enough, Bill. I see the logic in it now. I just hate pricing stuff, especially a large lot of misc. stuff like I unearthed yesterday . . . since it's really only worth what someone will pay for it, not what I may want for it.

But, moot point for me at least: NEVER AGAIN. Next lot of LR parts I find stashed away somewhere in a dusty corner of my basement or shed GOES TO THE DUMP. Just not enough hours in the day for all this (I know, I know, it's my own fault this time).
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:00 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
While they don't quite carry the same cache as green RR bags, I will continue to use my kitty litter buckets for my recovery gear.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
It's very simple really. Decide on a price you want and ask for it. You can negotiate with people who show interest in PMs or emails. Put them on ebay if you want people to bid on them.

Also, I'll add that your description of said contents is very vague and people who were showing interest (legitimately) wanted to see a picture of what you were selling before making an offer.

In short you brought this on yourself. If/when you do decide to sell them, please do us all a favor and at a minimum

1. list each as a separate line item
2. Describe exactly what is in them
3. preferably provide pictures as well

If you continue to have issues with the rest of your list posted here, my recommendation is to repost what's left and put prices on them.

Impressive list of random rover parts BTW.
Thanks for the useful tips and suggestions, Charles. I toyed with putting up pictures of everything, but really wanted to try and avoid cluttering up the forum with pics of what might be random junk that nobody wanted. BOY was I (mostly) wrong. Again, lesson learned.

-Mark

------ Follow up post added May 7th, 2012 08:04 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
While they don't quite carry the same cache as green RR bags, I will continue to use my kitty litter buckets for my recovery gear.
You crack me up, Bill. Hell, kitty litter buckets make FAR better repositories for recovery gear than stupid green canvas RR bags!!!

-Mark
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:05 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
It looks like I missed a few posts there, before replying, so thanks for putting up pictures and clarifying.

What you are trying to do is great, i think you just went about it in a way that's causing the problem. Next time, think what the highest price shipping could be to the other side of the US, packaged by the guy at the UPS store and post it for that shipped then if you are not concerned about the price (and/or tack on whatever price you think is fair as well if you want to weed out the crazies). At the very least you have a starting point and you can just drop it off and not even pack it yourself since this takes a lot of time too. But taking them to the dump is not the best solution
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
You crack me up, Bill. Hell, kitty litter buckets make FAR better repositories for recovery gear than stupid green canvas RR bags!!!
You are right. Once everything gets muddy a bucket works great. That reminds me I need to pickup some kitty litter for the garage...
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Rufus
Rufus
1994 NAS D90 ST #1118

Registry
ST door cards

PM sent on ST door cards
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Yeah, fair enough, Bill. I see the logic in it now. I just hate pricing stuff, especially a large lot of misc. stuff like I unearthed yesterday . . . since it's really only worth what someone will pay for it, not what I may want for it.

But, moot point for me at least: NEVER AGAIN. Next lot of LR parts I find stashed away somewhere in a dusty corner of my basement or shed GOES TO THE DUMP. Just not enough hours in the day for all this (I know, I know, it's my own fault this time).
No need to take your stuff and go home. I've sold hundreds of items on forums and its quite easy and painless. But yes, there is some work involved, such is life.
Before I list anything I make sure I have a box to ship it in. The size of the box will tell me approx the shipping costs.
I take a picture and put it with a detailed listing. I prefer to list my items with a shipped price. It makes the transaction that much smoother. I only accept Paypal as a Gift, no fees.
Doing something close to the above will limit your PM's and headaches.
You are also contradicting yourself. You state its not about the money but then you also say the items are worth what someone is willing to pay. If you want an auction go to EBay. If you want to see the items go to a good home and make some money list them here with a price. Otherwise let me know where your local dump is.
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM
mneil
Mark Neil
ROW D90 SW (TD5)

I'm not "taking my stuff and going home," Brett. I'm just choosing to stop doing this in the future because it's frankly not worth the hassle for a bunch of random stuff.

What I meant by "it's only worth what someone will pay" is what's the use of me making up a price, say $50. Nobody buys it at that price because it's too high so it winds up in the dump anyhow.

Anyhow, enough said on this topic. As I've said repeatedly, lesson learned.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
part, parts