Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old May 8th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel Engine

I am selling this OM617 Diesel engine , suitable for conversions into Defenders. I am selling it for my Son's Mother in Law. Her husband, unfortunately committed suicide and we are all helping her sort out her life. So he was really into the Mercedes 300 Turbo Diesel cars. What we have is a complete running and titled 300 Turbo Diesel (ask if you have interest and Ill send details) and this complete I believe re-built spare engine and all accessories. Dave was a talented machinist and liked to tinker in his old age. He had apparently re-built this engine, to what extent I do not know. I do know he built this temporary test stand and had the engine running and broke in on this test stand. As you can see it is complete with starter, turbo, alternator, flywheel and such. Includes all the fun stuff you see in the pics.

The engine is located in Tucson, AZ, 85745. However his wife (who is hobbit sized) will not be able to do much in the way of loading packing or shipping. However, if you are coming to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff, you might be able to come via I-10 and stop by and pick it up. Or we can correspond and go over options. $795.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2015, 01:44 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Clean looking OM617. Seems like a good price and possibly smoking price depending on condition of rebuild.

Very sorry to hear about your in-law's.
Old May 8th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
I wish I could make representations on the rebuild, but I can't, no knowledgeable person to ask anymore. It was a tragic story, he was being treated by the VA, need I go on any further. I do know he ran it on the stand and it worked well. A smoking deal can be had on the car as well, or both. She needs to shed it all soon as she is selling the house, understandably. Dave was a good mechanic, worked at the Duval mine and for Raytheon. Excellent on heavy diesel. Did lots of custom machining for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2015, 04:39 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Sad stuff

If you need to unload it quick I bet PeachParts.com classified's would yield some results.
Old May 9th, 2015, 12:11 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

James:
I know 2 people looking for engines who have bought conversion kits.
PM me a telephone number, please.
I'll try and help out to "get it gone" quickly.

Also if you know how to get it to a Fastenal, I know a guy in Nashville who also just bought a conversion kit who needs an engine.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Tags
diesel, engine