MB 300T Engine and some Swap bits - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 24th, 2012, 01:00 PM
'73 SIII/ D90 Hybrid
MB 300T Engine and some Swap bits

When I originally started my build, I was hell bent on putting in a rock solid and bullet proof Mercedes diesel into my truck. Then I came across a cheap 200tdi setup, and since I already had a 200tdi frame, it seemed the logical choice, er, the easier one.

The motor I have is out of an '85 300SD that has about 156k on it, and I have the turbo as well as a rebuilt alternator, a new timing and a bunch of gaskets. I also have a 240D flywheel which will fit onto the engine (Mercedes never made a manual tranny 300 in the US), 240 pressure plate, as well as a custom made clutch which has the center hub that will fit onto a series III transmission, but has the outer portion of the 240 clutch. The flywheel and the pressure plate are a bit rusty, but have never been used since I purchased the 'plate, and had the flywheel resurfaced. I also have a plate that will go over the oil filter housing location, so you can run a different oil filter assembly (that bit I purchased from Jim Young). I have been hanging onto this stuff for a little while now and I'd like to make a little room in my garage. I think $550 is more than fair for this stuff. If you have any questions, let me know. Though the 300's have been known to be a bit doggish if you don't maintain them (valve adjustments and such), with proper fueling, they can be maniacal powerhouses.
Here's a souped up one, just because race car.

Old July 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90
I am interested in the conversion bits but not the motor as it would be costly to send. I have done one of these conversions and with the fuel cranked and the boost at 14lbs it's a fun motor!
P.m. Sent

95 D90 SW 4.6 ARBs 8274 37" BFGs Gigglepin twin motor 8274
94 D90 ST R380 constine green stock
85 D110 3.5 3 DR
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

Old July 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
83 110

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts