Mallory Distributor, Coil, Magnecor Wires, ect. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 15th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Paul Grant
Paul Grant
Mallory Distributor, Coil, Magnecor Wires, ect.

I have a Mallory Distributor (MAA-4768901) for sale. I purchased this unit from Summit Racing in August of 2005. It was installed and used in a RRC until September of 2007. I put 16K miles on the truck while this distributor was in the motor. It functioned flawlessly the whole time. The distributor comes with the proper Land Rover drive gear professionally installed.

At the time of installation I also purchased a Mallory Promaster Coil and Ballast Resistor. For additional safety, I also installed the Mallory Active Power Filter between the coil and distributor. As a back up , I added a brand new Unilite Module, Cap and Rotor to the parts box I traveled with in case of emergency. They are still sealed in their original packaging.

Finally, in an effort to get as much out of this system as I could, I opted for a set of Magnecor 8.5mm ignition wires. As can be seen in the photo, the red Magnecors looked especially good with the red Mallory distributor and they performed even better than they looked!

Sadly, while the distributor and engine it was installed on performed well, the 1985 Range Rover they powered fell victim to the ravages of winters in New England. Thus the sale.

So, if anyone is interested in replacing their dodgey Lucas distributor with a more reliable and sophisticated optical distributor here is an opportunity to pick up a lightly used system complete with great ignition wires and back up components at a good price. I spent just a little under $600 for the Mallory components and another $120 for the Magnecors not to mention the distributor drive gear for a total in excess of $800. I would be willing to sell the complete set up for $500 plus shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3136.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	11055  
Paul Grant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

coil, distributor