Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > For Sale - Parts

Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:09 PM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
LT95 Overdrive

Good working order LT95 overdrive (Fairey / Superwinch) with brand new coupling / clutch sleeve. Includes all shims, linkage and shifter. The linkage was originally for RHD. I cobbed on a system for LHD which worked ok, so this could be used on RHD or LHD. This linkage is set up to come up thru the top of the seatbox and the shifter ends up between the drivers seat and cubby box, but an extension can be fabricated to have the shifter mount on the face of the seatbox if desired.

This had a slight leak at the gasket where the selector shaft moves in and out of the case. It may have leaked elsewhere but the selector shaft is the spot I noticed. I dont know what else to say about this other than it worked fine and was quiet. I already had RRC transfer case gearing in my 110 and rarely leave town or dirt roads so I almost never used this when it was installed but I kept it topped off so it never ran low on oil.

This wont fit Series trucks or 5 speed Defenders. This is specific to the 4 speed used in early to mid 80s Defenders, Stage 1s, RRCs and 101 FCs.

Having a hard time putting a value on this since there are so few of these around to compare sales prices. The only listing I can find is from 2014 where one apparently went for $950 http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ive-53977.html

I am going to say $850 plus shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171022_171129[1].jpg
Views:	33
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	316865   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171022_171147[1].jpg
Views:	32
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	316873  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2017, 11:13 AM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
New price: $750 plus shipping
Old November 8th, 2017, 09:52 AM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
Still available.
Two things I have learned while talking to interested parties:
1. Will need different shift linkage to be used in a 101FC. Kits available in the UK or use info on line to fabricate your own.
2. Will not work on a Perentie 6x6 even though it has an LT95. The PTO output where the overdrive would be installed is used to power the 3rd axle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2017, 10:35 AM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
Still Available
Old November 17th, 2017, 12:23 PM
DPdotCOM
Dan Pollock
1983 Defender 3 Door